Anyone use Bet365?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Firstly I wouldn't have thought that these gambling agencies have much in terms of ethics. This just highlights how one particular agency tips the odds in their own favour. I'm sure they all have methods.

Second, I think that it's already a poor idea to gamble when you tend take back only a small percentage of the money you risk by having a punt.

Third thing is that the level of gambling advertising these days is likely to have a huge impact on normalising the idea of gambling to youngsters.

I might put $20 in the pokies two or three times a year. That's about the limit of what I'll spend. I don't even put a Melbourne cup bet on anymore. For me the level of advertising is more of a deterrence.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard it straight from a jockeys mouth that big money races are generally rigged.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup the free coffee you get as you play, all these things are designed to keep you playing as they know the longer you play the more you lose.

And I read somewhere that the pokies are now being programmed to give the player more jackpot "near misses" than ever before, again with the intent to make you think it's just around the corner = keep playing.

I remember last state election in Tas Labor were going to remove all pokies from that state. It would have been great to see that in action as well as the short and long term benefits from it. Pity.
It's disgusting. People will say that we should just blame the addict but that's a load of crap... There are some very intelligent minds working countless hours on figuring out better ways to trap these people, and it can take as little as a session to hook someone

Sounds about right... The developers from Aristocrat and the other companies need to be shot.. they know exactly what they are doing, as well as the consequences for many.. same goes for Facebook and other social medias who allow the online pokies to be advertised on their platforms.. how that is not regulated is beyond me.. it's not like you're going to turn the idiot box on and see ads for VIP rooms

Too much revenue in pokies for us to see the back of them in any state unfortunately.. if only good humans ran our country.. they need to do something about our drinking culture as well.. drinks here and there is ok but it's a bit sad that getting blind every weekend as an adult is considered acceptable behaviour these days in a lot of circles

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It's disgusting. People will say that we should just blame the addict but that's a load of crap... There are some very intelligent minds working countless hours on figuring out better ways to trap these people, and it can take as little as a session to hook someone

Sounds about right... The developers from Aristocrat and the other companies need to be shot.. they know exactly what they are doing, as well as the consequences for many.. same goes for Facebook and other social medias who allow the online pokies to be advertised on their platforms.. how that is not regulated is beyond me.. it's not like you're going to turn the idiot box on and see ads for VIP rooms

Too much revenue in pokies for us to see the back of them in any state unfortunately.. if only good humans ran our country.. they need to do something about our drinking culture as well.. drinks here and there is ok but it's a bit sad that getting blind every weekend as an adult is considered acceptable behaviour these days in a lot of circles
One of my brothers friends went for a job at aristocrat and said he refused it after how evil and heartless the recruitment manager was.

He said the guy had a laugh saying they profit off the misery of others!
Aristocrat sounds like one of those corporations run by Dr.Evil?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of my brothers friends went for a job at aristocrat and said he refused it after how evil and heartless the recruitment manager was.

He said the guy had a laugh saying they profit off the misery of others!
Aristocrat sounds like one of those corporations run by Dr.Evil?
what a creep.. doesn't surprise me.... my ex works for them, in the graphics department... I wouldn't work for them in any department.. you're still a contributor even if you are just doing illustrations for them

hahah fully :tongueclosed:

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you're spreadsheets are more clever than their mathematical algorithms designed by mathematicians to identify those that win more than they lose? You should publish and on-sell your methodology as you'd make far more than 15K in 3 years.
There are already plenty of people that do what I do.
It is not infallible and I do have losing weeks but you can slowly turn over a profit simply by using one agencies promotions against another’s.

If I was to bet solely with one agency I would imagine that I would succumb to their algorithms and lose like the masses.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It's got to a point where it shouldn't be considered gambling as that implies you have a chance to win. It's like when people, really dumb people, say they "play" the pokies. There is no play, they are machine designed to take money from you and the longer you play them the more you loose.
Full blown gamblers will tell you always about a big win.
They never ever tell you about the multiple big losses they had to get that big win.

Best one I heard years back was there was a guy making a living from playing the pokies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Best way to fuck someone up is not by bashing them, get them addicted.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have NEVER lost a bet.
My secret is...

I don't gamble.