News Bulldogs in hunt for Fifita but Broncos in box seat

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting used to bump up the Broncos offer, nothing more, nothing less.
Yes but bumping up his price could come at a cost to the Bronco's by having to release a player that may be of interest to us...Staggs for instance

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes but bumping up his price could come at a cost to the Bronco's by having to release a player that may be of interest to us...Staggs for instance
Staggs resigned today. But hoping you are right and we land another quality player as a result.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is a few including Payne Haas and Fisher Harris who have played multiple 80min games in the middle and can still break the line. Tolman has been a great soldier but he’s largely ineffective now and his stats are inflated - 4th tackle hit up evidence of that.
plz stop
Your smarts and intellect is bringing the kennels iq up during the off season
That is totally inappropriate
Go and enjoy your holidays plZ and stop talking so much sense

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When these kids do it for as long as Tolman has then we have discussion on our hands.
Whilst he was a bench player during his start in the nrl
These players eg payne haas and fisher Harris are playing for there country and killing it from day dot
PlZ don’t insult Payne haas and compare him to tolman ever.
Surely your kidding right

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought kotoni staggs resigned for a few more years with the gronkos
They’ll use the 800k there paying jack bird for 2021 to cover Fifita
knew staggs had re-signed
Just had to be put on paper
If broncs flick Darius doyd and fat Fcuk Milford they might make the top 4 next season
Turpin should start before McCullough too
McCullough offers sfa and should’ve been punted last contract

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
$1m a year for a backrower? Crazy money.
Nah offer him 400k
I’m sure that will get him across
So according to some imaginary rule book;
Only fullbacks and halfbacks are worth 1m $
So I guess jason taumolo is overpaid also and not worth it?
Fifita is worth a million dollars easy

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No forward is worth a mill a season imo. They take the shortest possible route from one end of the playing field to the other, they provide minimal creativity and take turns being third man in.
poor Jason taumolo should start paying back the mill a year the cows are giving him
Wow
You’d think some of the kennel members are spending their own money when trying to sign players

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds about right to me also. Would be terrible to lose him.
can I ask you why
In All honesty
Why would it be terrible to lose him
He’s hit his ceiling
He ain’t going to get any better or improve
Served the club brilliantly and with distinction
But then what
You’d chose him over a David Fifita or jai arrow moving forward?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
700k for Jacko imo (max, obviously try and get him down to 600-650k). Literally the heart of our team and is still playing at a good level. He was my best player last season and if not than he was top 3.
You must have missed the first 12 rounds then
When he and Adam Elliot were competing with most missed tackles in the team?
700k for a broken down Jackson
No thanks

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You must have missed the first 12 rounds then
When he and Adam Elliot were competing with most missed tackles in the team?
700k for a broken down Jackson
No thanks
I could say the whole team was garbage until mid season (I still think Jackson was one of our best overall, he's our captain and an experienced player so he's going to be in the headlights more).

I wouldn't say he's broken now. Just sign him on a two to three year extension nothing crazy.

A team like the Knights would kill to sign Jackson. I don't want to low ball him. Anything in the 600-700k range is fine with me.

We have money to keep Jackson and buy Fifita and Arrow but nothing suggests that's the direction we're recruiting since half the talent for 2021 is already locked up (and better options allowed to be retained or go elsewhere).

I honestly think it's ludicrous to not retain Jackson (he's one of the best captains in the game) also I'm just going to throw in Elliott doesn't deserve as much hate as he gets since you mentioned him.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A team re-building and wanting to be in Top 4 can not have a fg roster comprising so many of..

Tolman, Elliott, Jackson, Sue, Smith, Britt.

There's only room for 1, maybe 2 at the most.

Haas, Fifita, JFH, Bateman are the new era type forwards. The importance of every position is becoming more and more apparent.

You don't have them, you aren't competitive.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A team re-building and wanting to be in Top 4 can not have a fg roster comprising so many of..

Tolman, Elliott, Jackson, Sue, Smith, Britt.

There's only room for 1, maybe 2 at the most.

Haas, Fifita, JFH, Bateman are the new era type forwards. The importance of every position is becoming more and more apparent.

You don't have them, you aren't competitive.
Bateman is totally different to Haas and Fifita. And 3 out of those 4 forwards led their team no where last season. Which those two clubs developed them. Why as a club should we spend huge money on that type of player? The only big money player that’s likely to move is Latrell and no one wants him here. In this era he would be the X factor the club needs not another forward.
The easiest way for this club to become elite is to develop our juniors but that requires patience and there is zero of that on the kennel.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
plz stop
Your smarts and intellect is bringing the kennels iq up during the off season
That is totally inappropriate
Go and enjoy your holidays plZ and stop talking so much sense
Yeah I know poor form on my part... I keep coming on looking for signing news... Chris Smith was a beauty last week

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bateman is totally different to Haas and Fifita. And 3 out of those 4 forwards led their team no where last season. Which those two clubs developed them. Why as a club should we spend huge money on that type of player? The only big money player that’s likely to move is Latrell and no one wants him here. In this era he would be the X factor the club needs not another forward.
The easiest way for this club to become elite is to develop our juniors but that requires patience and there is zero of that on the kennel.
The point was they are runners and can create opportunities for themselves and others.

As for "they lead them no where" ...they cant win it on their own of course...they helped more than our alternatives.

You missed the whole point. It was that we have too many of the same nuggety, slow running, small stature, no passing game forwards.

Coaches aren't assembling teams nowdays with an over abundance of that type of player. We have too many.

"Why as a club should we spend huge money on that type of player? The only big money player that’s likely to move is Latrell and no one wants him here. In this era he would be the X factor the club needs not another forward"

Will leave that right there.

Very happy we are developing players but we need the right type of player..not a stacked forward line up that all offer the same thing and little attack.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our board couldnt organise a root in a brothel
You have zero insight into how our board operates. Same as everyone else on the kennel.

"Quit yo jiba Jaba!!"

We were the first to turn Mitchell down, and everyone lost their shit. Now we are all seeing that every other club has followed our lead and withdrawn their offers. Even the club he is currently contracted to.
This to me says that our board knows exactly what it wants, and that they wont be making rash decisions. Well played I say.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah offer him 400k
I’m sure that will get him across
So according to some imaginary rule book;
Only fullbacks and halfbacks are worth 1m $
So I guess jason taumolo is overpaid also and not worth it?
Fifita is worth a million dollars easy
How about SBW. How much do people think he'd be worth if we were paying him ?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tolman and James graham we’re brushed aside on our line by Alvaro who is just a younger version of them.... when that happened Aunty Rae Rae should of been on the phone scouring the league for 2 replacements

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
can I ask you why
In All honesty
Why would it be terrible to lose him
He’s hit his ceiling
He ain’t going to get any better or improve
Served the club brilliantly and with distinction
But then what
You’d chose him over a David Fifita or jai arrow moving forward?
He is the heart and soul of this team. The boys really dug in the second half of the season and his game lifted.

Would be terrible to lose him mate, that’s all.

As much as I’d like Fifita to come here I can’t see it happening.

I’d rather Jackson than Arrow if he could keep that form up from the backend of the year.