Official Rabbitohs Welcome NRL’s Decision on Salary Cap (Burgess salary exempt)

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/12/06/rabbitohs-welcome-nrls-decision-on-salary-cap/

The South Sydney Rabbitohs welcome the determination from the NRL today that the remainder of Sam Burgess’ contract will be exempt from the Club’s salary cap for 2020 and beyond under PCR Rule 86 (Medical Termination).

The Rabbitohs thank the NRL and its Salary Cap Auditors for its patience throughout the application process. Whilst disappointed that Sam is no longer able to take the field for South Sydney due to injury, the Club looks forward to moving on towards season 2020.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely horrendous decision. What more does Greenberg need to do to get sacked.

First the rule changes, and now this. He’s incompetent.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
News just in Arrow signs with Rabbitohs from 2020 on bumper deal....

And Mitchell

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it really?? I mean, if foran had have gone down this path, you and I would be filthy if the NRLol didn't exempt his massive salary from our cap!! No doubt about it.
While I agree souths get far to many leg ups in this competition, this is ok for mine. I think they milked inglis' situation though. And i dont think a club should have to pay their salary either.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
F U C K
O
R
A
N

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Good decision by the NRL. If a player isn't going to play at all during the season then his contract shouldn't count towards the cap. Now they need to be consistent and give us the same treatment in regards to Foran.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm surprised it took them this long. Clearly it was all for show.. Meanwhile we have a true cripple in Foran who was injured in a rep game, who is taking up a top 30 spot, and is on $1million plus and we get no cap relief...

It's a fair competition where rules are bent for some and not for others.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But seriously, well done to souths...

This is how you conduct business, the souths board really stuck it to the NRL puppets and they folded

Makes the Bulldogs board look like amateur hour..

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, we only have ourselves to blame. We should have signed South's death warrant when we had the chance to kill them off but no we kept them alive. We also helped them financially in their fight for reinstatement. I remember we use to thumb our noses at the league, when we had a back bone that is. Now we are too willing to roll over and play dead while they thumb their noses at us. Souths live on to become the darlings of the NRL (corrupt as it is, bias as it is ) while our proud club becomes the NRL's whipping boys and the butt joke of the league. #F@ckTheNRL

Last edited:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
"South Sydney marches on...."

This was always going to happen in this corrupt comp of ours.

Fuck the Rabbitohs, their leg-up they received for the wife bashing, speeding drunk-driver Inglis didn't help them achieve success this season, hopefully this rort involving the mass-saliva-producing internet sex pest mong does fuck-all to help them achieve success next season and beyond.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've said it once and I'll say it again....fuck South's and the NRL!!

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My problem is that:

1. Souths signed him with full knowledge of his shoulder injury. Now he’s medically retired due to the same shoulder, which completely contradicts their own rules. This is the same reason why Foran wouldn’t be able to be medically retired.

2. Burgess will still get his money regardless with a high paying job where he probably does nothing all day at Souths. Same with Inglis. That’s the only reason they retired. Souths enticed them with a job that will pay their full salary. The Tigers CEO got deregistered for offering Farah a job after he retires (slightly different situation, but still similar).

I guarantee if Dogs tried this with Foran, it would be denied and we’d be sanctioned for trying to circumvent the cap.

NRL are the biggest hypocritical sporting organisation I have seen.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jai Arrow, or will they make a huge bid for David Fifita.. or maybe both! Heck why not Latrell as well.

NRL need to fix this sort of bullshit rule instead of concentrating on dumb rule changes. Make it simple. If you've ever injured that part, or an associated part before, you cannot get medical retirement compensation.

EXAMPLE:
Player damages shoulder in a tackle. Player decides he does not want to play on after it. > NRL grant exemption.
Player ruptures a disc in his back and requires spinal surgery. Player is unable to play again. > NRL grant exemption.
Player has had shoulder reconstruction and damages associated ligaments. > NRL deny exemption.
Player has had chronic back issues throughout career and ruptures a disc in is back > NRL deny exemption.

That would make things clear cut.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/12/06/rabbitohs-welcome-nrls-decision-on-salary-cap/

The South Sydney Rabbitohs welcome the determination from the NRL today that the remainder of Sam Burgess’ contract will be exempt from the Club’s salary cap for 2020 and beyond under PCR Rule 86 (Medical Termination).

The Rabbitohs thank the NRL and its Salary Cap Auditors for its patience throughout the application process. Whilst disappointed that Sam is no longer able to take the field for South Sydney due to injury, the Club looks forward to moving on towards season 2020.
It’s official, henceforth the NRL shall be know as the NRSL ( National Roosters and Souths League ) nuf said!!!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Jai Arrow, or will they make a huge bid for David Fifita.. or maybe both! Heck why not Latrell as well.

NRL need to fix this sort of bullshit rule instead of concentrating on dumb rule changes. Make it simple. If you've ever injured that part, or an associated part before, you cannot get medical retirement compensation.

EXAMPLE:
Player damages shoulder in a tackle. Player decides he does not want to play on after it. > NRL grant exemption.
Player ruptures a disc in his back and requires spinal surgery. Player is unable to play again. > NRL grant exemption.
Player has had shoulder reconstruction and damages associated ligaments. > NRL deny exemption.
Player has had chronic back issues throughout career and ruptures a disc in is back > NRL deny exemption.

Totally agree with all of what you said!

P.s good to see you back mate!

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

EXAMPLE:

The NRL have made it simple:

Plays for Roosters or Souths > NRL grant exemption

Play for anyone else > NRL deny exemption

I agree with you though. It’s the best way to regulate it, but the NRL won’t have any common sense to change it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck Souths an the nrl joke.. !!!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, we only have ourselves to blame. We should have signed South's death warrant when we had the chance to kill them off but no we kept them alive. We also helped them financially in their fight for reinstatement. I remember we use to thumb our noses at the league, when we had a back bone that is. Now we are too willing to roll over and play dead while they thumb their noses at us. Souths live on to become the darlings of the NRL (corrupt as it is, bias as it is ) while our proud club becomes the NRL's whipping boys and the butt joke of the league. #F@ckTheNRL
I think it’s time for another Super League revolution, the NRL can keep the Roosters and Souths and all us other teams can fuck off and finally play on an equal playing field! Lets see how well they go with two teams in their comp fuck em! The rest of us have had a gut full.