Raelene Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
This gives you her background and why she probably got the Bulldogs job: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/a-...ga-link-to-steve-mortimer-20130529-2nc4d.html

Prior to that (source: https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/12/12/raelene-castle-timeline):
1991 - 1999 Castle's first major job came at printing company Fuji Xerox, where she was the marketing manager for eight years.
2003 - 2004 Her next role was a communication managers job at Bank of New Zealand.
2005 - 2007 Castle then moved to Telecom New Zealand, where she ran the business marketing department for two years.
2007 - 2013 CEO of Netball NZ
2013 - 2017 CEO of NRL Bulldogs
2017 - 20?? CEO of Rugby Australia

From memory the real clusterfuck surrounding the Bulldogs wasn't realised in it's enormity until she left.
Many CEO’s have either Sales & Marketing or Tech backgrounds, so her background in terms of roles isn’t shocking - what stands out for me is industry. Going from banking to sports admin is a giant leap, even if you consider Netball NZ is a relatively small organisation. It was a real gamble for the Dogs to select her on shall we call it modest experience in sport admin and the rest speaks for itself.

Not that you can’t recruit from outside sport, but if you’re going to do that the credentials have to be stellar, which in Rae’s case was questionable.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
She just constantly seems way out of her depth

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know, she could be very smart!!!
Looks likely Rugby Australia will have to give her a big bag full of money to get rid of her. Probably not as big as the bag full of money she just gave Folau, but still plenty big.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Looks likely Rugby Australia will have to give her a big bag full of money to get rid of her. Probably not as big as the bag full of money she just gave Folau, but still plenty big.
She got a pay out from us as well by leaving early.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm posting this here as she is our ex CEO, also because I don't feel it belongs in the lounge or in NRL General.

Does anyone have anything to offer as to how this woman has had the jobs that she has? What success and qualifications does she actually hold to have been the Bulldogs CEO and now Rugby Australia CEO?

She has botched both jobs with spectacular success.

Anyone remember when she came up with a 5 year strategy plan for us and said we were going to win something like 2 premierships between 2015 and 2020 and also finish top 4 in each of those year.

Lol what a fkn muppet.

How the Frk did she get the gig at Rugby Australia?
She’s nothing but a walking talking virtue signalling disaster in my opinion!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The simple fact is she did a woeful job at the Dogs, now she has overseen and made a total clusterfuck of the Folau issue and to top it off has just employed a fellow Kiwi too again coach the Wallaby's..

Out of her depth I think is an understatement. Thank God (if you are religious, if not, no offence or compliment..) for Rugby league that the ARU haven't had decent administrators for the last almost 10 years, its bad enough we have to deal with the GAYFL..(not that there is anything wrong with that.)

Disclaimer to our friends across the dutch, I love our Anzac mates, but not coaching us against the bloody Allblacks.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I said it ages ago. She stunk of failure and unfortunately I’m starting to get the same scent from the current mob!
C’mon mate our current board has only been in the job for under two years ffs! Show some patience and faith if you’re a true supporter.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This gives you her background and why she probably got the Bulldogs job: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/a-...ga-link-to-steve-mortimer-20130529-2nc4d.html

Prior to that (source: https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/12/12/raelene-castle-timeline):
1991 - 1999 Castle's first major job came at printing company Fuji Xerox, where she was the marketing manager for eight years.
2003 - 2004 Her next role was a communication managers job at Bank of New Zealand.
2005 - 2007 Castle then moved to Telecom New Zealand, where she ran the business marketing department for two years.
2007 - 2013 CEO of Netball NZ
2013 - 2017 CEO of NRL Bulldogs
2017 - 20?? CEO of Rugby Australia

From memory the real clusterfuck surrounding the Bulldogs wasn't realised in it's enormity until she left.
Hardly a resume worth employing to run two major sports organisations in Australia, just a publicity tool and virtue signalling at best!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Certainly not smartly dressed lol

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm posting this here as she is our ex CEO, also because I don't feel it belongs in the lounge or in NRL General.

Does anyone have anything to offer as to how this woman has had the jobs that she has? What success and qualifications does she actually hold to have been the Bulldogs CEO and now Rugby Australia CEO?

Anyone remember when she came up with a 5 year strategy plan for us and said we were going to win something like 2 premierships between 2015 and 2020 and also finish top 4 in each of those year.

Lol what a fkn muppet.

She got the job,because idiots like ray dib,gave her the job,rugby australia well they have no idea whatsoever,$1.8 million for vunivalu for 3 yrs the guy is average at best,how can they ever make progress with her in charge

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Many CEO’s have either Sales & Marketing or Tech backgrounds, so her background in terms of roles isn’t so bad - what stands out for me is industry. Going from banking to sports admin is a giant leap, even if you consider Netball NZ is a relatively small organisation. It was a real gamble for the Dogs to select her on shall we call it modest experience in sport admin and the rest speaks for itself.

Not that you can’t recruit from outside sport, but if you’re going to do that the credentials have to be stellar, which in Rae’s case was questionable.
Have you ever spoken to marketing people? I have spoken to hundreds and found about 2 that add value. Marketing is putrid industry. I think it’s the kind of job you go to when you finish school and have no passion and have no real talent

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many CEO’s have either Sales & Marketing or Tech backgrounds, so her background in terms of roles isn’t so bad - what stands out for me is industry. Going from banking to sports admin is a giant leap, even if you consider Netball NZ is a relatively small organisation. It was a real gamble for the Dogs to select her on shall we call it modest experience in sport admin and the rest speaks for itself.

I'm certain that Castles was given the job because Dib and the board thought that she could help make our club look pretty in the eyes of the media and the NRL, and for no other reason.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Lol what a fkn muppet.

To be fair the Rugby Australia job is a step below the Bulldogs...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Have you ever spoken to marketing people? I have spoken to hundreds and found about 2 that add value. Marketing is putrid industry. I think it’s the kind of job you go to when you finish school and have no passion and have no real talent
Very familiar. They can be hard to work with as they generally have very strong opinions and don't like being challenged - that's why they don't necessarily make good leaders. I wasn't making the reference between marketing and leadership as an attribute - I was merely pointing out that many CEO's have that in their past.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very familiar. They can be hard to work with as they generally have very strong opinions and don't like being challenged - that's why they don't necessarily make good leaders. I wasn't making the reference between marketing and leadership as an attribute - I was merely pointing out that many CEO's have that in their past.
they are dumb as fuck. Just shit talkers. Like Raelene castle

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Free memberships to refugees and banning cheerleaders were just precursors to the SJW mark she wanted to be known for. A successful club is not her goal but to be known as someone who "pulled down the barriers" on LBGTI Alphabet people

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The simple fact is she did a woeful job at the Dogs, now she has overseen and made a total clusterfuck of the Folau issue and to top it off has just employed a fellow Kiwi too again coach the Wallaby's..

Out of her depth I think is an understatement. Thank God (if you are religious, if not, no offence or compliment..) for Rugby league that the ARU haven't had decent administrators for the last almost 10 years, its bad enough we have to deal with the GAYFL..(not that there is anything wrong with that.)

Disclaimer to our friends across the dutch, I love our Anzac mates, but not coaching us against the bloody Allblacks.
To be fair she was born in Wagga.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She got the CEO job at the dogs as the dogs were trying to be "progressive" at the time and hire someone with a vag....

Status
Not open for further replies.