News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
woot woot im going to try the same thing to get some money

im going to act religious and on my break im going to explain to my workmates that faggots are going to go to hell, then word is going to get around that im a nutcase, then I get fired and I act like a victim and sue them lol
If there is nothing in your employment contract that forbids you.. then go for it.

People need to stop looking at this from a feelings / personal opinion side of things. All that matters is what was legal, all the other stuff is just emotional dribble.

Despite all the chest beating from RA, they obviously didnt have the iron clad case they were trying to convince everyone of (which I kind of gathered by Folau not backing down). You dont give someone an 8 million dollar settlement if you truly believe you are in the right and are going to win, especially with how public this is.

RA bowed to the gay CEO of Qantas, and paid the price for it. They even went after his wife at one stage, simply for supporting her husband. That's as germy as it gets.

Castle needs to be sacked.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Peter FitzSimons speculated the payout to be as little as between $200,000 and $300,000.

He wrote for the Sydney Morning Herald that is makes no sense for Rugby Australia to have settled the dispute for any financial figure higher than that.
Fitzsimons needs to put the pipe down $200k settlement. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fitzsimons needs to put the pipe down $200k settlement. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
He is a senile old coot. Looks frigging ridiculous with that bandanna he wears... doesnt suit him at all.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If there is nothing in your employment contract that forbids you.. then go for it.

People need to stop looking at this from a feelings / personal opinion side of things. All that matters is what was legal, all the other stuff is just emotional dribble.

Despite all the chest beating from RA, they obviously didnt have the iron clad case they were trying to convince everyone of (which I kind of gathered by Folau not backing down). You dont give someone an 8 million dollar settlement if you truly believe you are in the right and are going to win, especially with how public this is.

RA bowed to the gay CEO of Qantas, and paid the price for it. They even went after his wife at one stage, simply for supporting her husband. That's as germy as it gets.

Castle needs to be sacked.
That was the whole problem with all this. Nothing was iron clad on either side. The only thing was bringing the game into disrepute, which is subjective so no one really knows what the outcome would have been.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That was the whole problem with all this. Nothing was iron clad on either side. The only thing was bringing the game into disrepute, which is subjective so no one really knows what the outcome would have been.
Well no, however Folau said he had a case. RA were adamant he did not have a leg to stand on.

The settlement tells me that RA felt he may have a case and could potentially win, so it was in their best interests to settle and not take the risk of losing and looking ridiculous.

If they had an open and shut case they would have fought it in court, won and looked like heroes.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well no, however Folau said he had a case. RA were adamant he did not have a leg to stand on.

The settlement tells me that RA felt he may have a case and could potentially win, so it was in their best interests to settle and not take the risk of losing and looking ridiculous.

If they had an open and shut case they would have fought it in court, won and looked like heroes.
Same goes the other way though. Folau kept saying it wasn't about the money, and it was about him defending religious freedom. If he truly believed he had a case he'd refuse to take the deal.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Same goes the other way though. Folau kept saying it wasn't about the money, and it was about him defending religious freedom. If he truly believed he had a case he'd refuse to take the deal.
Kind of agree with you here. Folau did seem to be saying this was about the principle. If so, why didn't he take it to court.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah and the only way to do that was to sue RA and get compensation to show that.

He sue'd them, he got compensation (settlement or not is irreverent). It will make businesses think twice in the future. Mission accomplished.

I dont know how anyone can see this as anything but a victory for Folau.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s funny coz at this stage the nrl is Fkn shit I’d have no quarrels with them getting sued lol. Hopefully that would get Greenberg and his pc buddies out of office who are killing the game.
But don’t worry greenberg will do a mental gymnastics trick and somehow not let him back in based on offending lgbt people and Folau supporting genocide of gays lol.
I’m just saying what grounds would they have to deny registering his contract?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No, not necessarily.
He won, RA shit themselves, case closed.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah and the only way to do that was to sue RA and get compensation to show that.

He sue'd them, he got compensation (settlement or not is irreverent). It will make businesses think twice in the future. Mission accomplished.

I dont know how anyone can see this as anything but a victory for Folau.
He got an undisclosed amount and was forced to apologise. The opposite of what he said.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Precisely. News columns can say one thing, but unless anyone here was at that meeting, we don't know what was said.
That is a good point. They did say that he apologised but then he made a statement saying that this is a victory for gay haters or some shit like that. So I would say there's one of two outcomes:

1) Part of the settlement required Folau to not make a statement like this in which case they'll probably go back to court

2) RA made the settlement with no stipulations in which case RA's lawyers and Castle will be sacked within a week

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now that this has happened.. perhaps @PowerfulWhaman can take action against the Kennel..he’s been suspended for less than what Folau has said.. @Hacky McAxe you are the smartest guy in the Kennel..time to get the necessary paperwork together and work on his action against the Kennel!
If only hacky had an objective mind like yours when it comes to powerfulwhaman. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.