How is our recruitment going

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Britt is very average

He was good in patches. The more game time he gets the better he will be at maintaining a level of quality during his time on field. Typical TK mentality in writing players off when they've played very little first grade

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was good in patches. The more game time he gets the better he will be at maintaining a level of quality during his time on field. Typical TK mentality in writing players off when they've played very little first grade
To be honest I only payed attention to Britt in the second half of this season
He seemed to be playing not to bad coming off the bench
Some nice running and steady improvement was my take.
Good luck to him.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Crichton was woeful.
Sue was bog average.
Cogger and Meaney where passes based on potential but hardly good.
Chn was dropped but in my opinion a good recruit.
Napa was average at best overall (some good some shit).

Wouldn’t exactly agree.

Don’t get me wrong I actually liked what i saw of Britt at bunnies but he’s no game breaker.

Stimson ditto.

Our issue is still backline is fucked and unless Renouf kicks on we don’t have that big explosive game breaking forward.

Rfm and Chn can play a role but we lack strike.

Hopefully Harper or this avalaro or whatever lives up to the hype. If holland and montoya are once again in first grade it’s a failure of recruitment. Plain and simple.
Crichton sucked but so did everybody in those first few games... he's probably still a year off of FG and was promoted earlier than he should have been at Panthers due to injuries

Sue sucked at the beginning but he started coming good prior to injury

I thought Meaney was really good personally.. he was one of our best in a few games and was super consistent.. not to mention he's a little fullback playing on the wing as a rookie.. Cogger had very little to work with but ripped in and had a decent season

Renouf and RFM were much better at the back end of season, as was CHN.... I think we all just expected too much from a new team

Napa was consistent and did well in a new role... he will be better for the run playing longer minutes

and DWZ as I've mentioned would have been the buy of the season had he of started the year with us

again, you're still focusing on the first half of the season.. who cares what they were.... focus on what they became, and what the future holds... we're just going around in circles :-)

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be honest I only payed attention to Britt in the second half of this season
He seemed to be playing not to bad coming off the bench
Some nice running and steady improvement was my take.
Good luck to him.

I found he would start well and get gassed pretty quick... nothing another pre-season and more FG experience can't solve!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Crichton sucked but so did everybody in those first few games... he's probably still a year off of FG and was promoted earlier than he should have been at Panthers due to injuries

I thought Meaney was really good personally.. he was one of our best in a few games and was super consistent.. not to mention he's a little fullback playing on the wing as a rookie.. Cogger had very little to work with but ripped in and had a decent season

Renouf and RFM were much better at the back end of season, as was CHN.... I think we all just expected too much from a new team

Napa was consistent and did well in a new role... he will be better for the run playing longer minutes

and DWZ as I've mentioned would have been the buy of the season had he of started the year with us

again, you're still focusing on the first half of the season.. who cares what they were.... focus on what they became, and what the future holds... we're just going around in circles :-)
I wish Crichton was taller because he's ripped and rarely gets man handled ... Cup player for us now sadly

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who's place is he taking though?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Rfm and Renouf aren’t new recruits.

Anyway again we can agree to disagree on some

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not yet they aren't but they haven't exactly been around all that long.. Just about all of our recruits from last year played well, or improved... I expect the same of Britt and Stimson
FFS stop being positive. No one this forum appreciates positivity!!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This place will be hilarious if they sign frawley lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not bahddd.. we still have to much "potential" at the club to make big moves. Once we sift through the list over the next two years it's a matter of plugging the holes with some class.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
don't underestimate Stimson and Britt for next year.. they might not be marquee signings, but both did good things this season.
Stimson played less than a handful of games and Britt only joined the squad late in the season due to injuries
Both surplus to requirement
How about a centre or winger ?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stimson played less than a handful of games and Britt only joined the squad late in the season due to injuries
Both surplus to requirement
How about a centre or winger ?
Hoppa has been one of our best the past couple of seasons, Harper looks promising, but for me personally, I'd like to see R Smith in the centres and Okunbor come into the FG side permanently... See what Dean goes with I guess

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Does changing coach for 2021 come under the recruitment banner?