Willie Mason calls on current crop of Bulldogs players to start delivering on talent, potential

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Which is why he is pumped about the future for his success-starved Canterbury Bulldogs, despite their youthful roster.
His success-starved? His? HIS?

Since when are we 'his'?

HE was the one who walked out on us.

HE was the one who linked up with our mortal enemy immediately after HE walked out on us.

HE can go and get fucked.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Since when are we 'his'?

HE was the one who linked up with our mortal enemy immediately after HE walked out on us.

How sensitive are you? It’s just stating that he aligns himself with the dogs and not other teams he has played for

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Since when are we 'his'?

You and I appear to be the only ones here who think this.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. + I hope we sell out our next Belmore game next year and the team actually win. Need to flip the script on what we have been producing there over the last 4 years. That needs to be a sanctuary for us.
I totally agree the Belmore games should be a sell out,it’s still a good atmosphere when the place is full
Considering our form the last several years our membership numbers are very good
This is a great reflection on our club and passionate supporters even through tough times
I’m confident in seeing a better team roll out in 2020,a few surprises in our younger players

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Since when are we 'his'?

Willie became a journeyman - but certainly spent the majority of his career at the Dogs so let’s treat him as the prodigal son.

I mentioned this above but perhaps you can take comfort with the sign at a Dogs/Chooks game in 2008: ‘Willie was a Dog, now he’s a Cock’. :-)

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is this the same Willie Mason who bagged Steve Folkes (who coached his only premiership) and said that Brad Fittler was the best coach he’d ever played under?

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this the same Willie Mason who bagged Steve Folkes (who coached his only premiership) and said that Brad Fittler was the best coach he’d ever played under?
That anasta from Memory

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
With a proper halves coach at the club in Sherwin, I’d say give Lewis one last chance for next season.

Proper guidance can make a ton of difference to a player’s game, and we didn’t have a halves coach until the end of this season, so we’ll know exactly how good or bad he is after a full preseason with a halves coach.
Meh. No running ability, no real ball playing ability....Sherwin isn't going to work miracles. If he improves, great, if not then see you later and give someone else with more raw ability a run. We aren't going to reach the next level because our halfback can make some tackles.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How sensitive are you? It’s just stating that he aligns himself with the dogs and not other teams he has played for
Doesn't change the fact that he dogged us in a very bad is directly disrespectful way... the very club that gave him a fair go and made him a household name, the very club that stood by him and defended him, controversy after controversy, injury after injury.

Plus he took a jab at Folkesy.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In a way the fact that big Willie has aligned himself with the dogs post-career, playing for the dogs legends team, going to dogs events, being at training, etc, is a bigger indicator than someone like Bobcat or General doing so. Don't get me wrong, blokes like Ryan and Patten are great Dogs players, but they both finished their careers here after playing the vast majority of their first grade in blue and white. Willie was a journeyman, as such he can legit align himself with a number of clubs, including the chooks. Sure, he was young and a hothead once, and frequently shot his mouth off, but now he is a bit older and matured, look at which club he truly prefers. It says a lot.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Three plus years on the kennel and you still have not changed with your bitching and whinging
Tiresome isn't it

Kiwidog7 another one I can't believe didn't nominate for a Board position. Bloke has all the solutions can't believe he doesn't wanna help in a meaningful capacity

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
4319C8CE-CF00-48F4-A31D-38D27E45830C.gif

Meh. No running ability, no real ball playing ability....Sherwin isn't going to work miracles. If he improves, great, if not then see you later and give someone else with more raw ability a run. We aren't going to reach the next level because our halfback can make some tackles.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tiresome isn't it

Kiwidog7 another one I can't believe didn't nominate for a Board position. Bloke has all the solutions can't believe he doesn't wanna help in a meaningful capacity
Zzzz horse shit

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am over the moon these players are still putting in. Loved watching big Willie and grateful that Michael Hagan got him to the dogs. What a team that was. Unbeatable.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope the old attitude rubs off on our current squad. I don't think we have a team of champions at present. So getting a little bit of a never say die attitude and the mindset that they're going to war with their team mates on game day would be a huge benefit.

Games can be decided by a winning attitude even without a host of stars. Having 17 players that are determined to win even if it hurts would be a huge asset. I really hope that this generation of players get on board with this kind of attitude.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
with mason back and star wars 9 and begging for oasis reunion what does that say about the current entertainers, cmon you know