Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to leave even said goodbye as the Kennel had become another obsession, posters warned I'd be back and I was pretty soon, then I tried to pop in and out like you, that failed, then I tried to limit myself to one post per week and that failed also.

So I just had to add another obsession to my list.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I tried to leave even said goodbye as the Kennel had become another obsession, posters warned I'd be back and I was pretty soon, then I tried to pop in and out like you, that failed, then I tried to limit myself to one post per week and that failed also. So I just had to add another obsession to my list.
I've actually turned off email and other notifications. It's helped somewhat.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a new Five Finger Death Punch track out. I'm not going to post it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There's a new Five Finger Death Punch track out. I'm not going to post it.
FFDP fans are claiming it sounds really heavy, but FFDP heavy is like Slipknot light.

I've listened to it and it's pretty "meh".

No doubt the new album will have half the songs about "soldiers at war" or be written "for the soldiers", and the other half about "Ivan battling with alcohol and inner demons".

Then halfway through the tour with the new album he'll get on the piss again and and up in rehab yet again.

Rinse and repeat.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
FFDP fans are claiming it sounds really heavy, but FFDP heavy is like Slipknot light.

I've listened to it and it's pretty "meh".

No doubt the new album will have half the songs about "soldiers at war" or be written "for the soldiers", and the other half about "Ivan battling with alcohol and inner demons".

Then halfway through the tour with the new album he'll get on the piss again and and up in rehab yet again.

Rinse and repeat.
The intro sounds alright. But the whole time you're thinking "the moment the vocals start this will all turn to crap". Then the vocals start..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The intro sounds alright. But the whole time you're thinking "the moment the vocals start this will all turn to crap". Then the vocals start..
I've seen a few places people have mentioned the intro sounds like a rip off of Unsainted by Slipknot.. once I heard it I was like "oh yeah it kinda does".

Moody never really changes his vocal stiyle, so you end up with heavy rock/metal versions of Nickelback.