Rent vs Buy

Banned
Reaction score
I rent a TLC 36inch TV ;)
You wish it was 36 inches :P

@Blue_boost
Renters have freedom that homeowners don't.
They can up and leave at short notice.

Also according to your logic, having the latest iPhone makes them superior than the plebs with older phones, paying off $1mil+ properties in Shitney!
Must suck to be you, knowing renters have better phone clout than you!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done you bought at house just to put nails in the wall you should be proud.
Not just nails in the wall. I wall mount 80inch top of the range television, also install some ceiling speakers. No renter can do this.
They are more likely to have a second hand Vivo (under 50inch) on a stand with a dick smith brand soundbar placed on a tv unit.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Not just nails in the wall. I wall mount 80inch top of the range television, also install some ceiling speakers. No renter can do this.
They are more likely to have a second hand Vivo (under 50inch) on a stand with a dick smith brand soundbar placed on a tv unit.
Do you think blue boost throws stones from his glasshouse?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Of course they are.. properties value has skyrocketed over time, the expenses of owning are incidental by comparison.

If you look over time all the maintenance etc would be paid back to you many times over in the land value.

Whilst the renter probably bought 6 versions of the iPhone, smoked a few thousand cigarettes and 1000 cases of beer. At the end nothing to show but a big gut.
My renter is in the army, meaning the ADF pays most of his rent. His kids are in school, well disciplined, his wife works as well as doing homely duties, and every-time I do an inspection, the house is spotless.

I have no idea what planet you're living on, but not all renters live the stereotypical way you're describing.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about those who rent a nice overpriced and over levied apartment in the city whilst owning several homes in various locations?

A renting homeowner if u will aka "rentvesting"...
This type of renter is a phenomena anomaly. They are a legit home owner and a renter. Should be excluded from stats. If we include it bring up the average renter to almost be classified as decent.

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea what planet you're living on, but not all renters live the stereotypical way you're describing.
I agree that not all renters are garbage, just a good majority. Good on you for finding a unique renter.

My observations come from knowing a few property managers at real estates, their opinions of renters with what they see and experience are diabolical.

Half eaten pizza boxes sitting there for weeks, dogs wiping their arse on the lounge, landlords that fit new carpets to find upon next inspection the carpet missing and floors polished bodgy, a pool with drill holes through it. Don't even ask about the bathrooms. Ewww

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree that not all renters are garbage, just a good majority. Good on you for finding a unique renter.

My observations come from knowing a few property managers at real estates, their opinions of renters with what they see and experience are diabolical.

Half eaten pizza boxes sitting there for weeks, dogs wiping their arse on the lounge, landlords that fit new carpets to find upon next inspection the carpet missing and floors polished bodgy, a pool with drill holes through it. Don't even ask about the bathrooms. Ewww
Property managers that work at realtors and renters are the same group of people

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Blue_boost
Renters have freedom that homeowners don't.
They can up and leave at short notice.

Must suck to be you, knowing renters have better phone clout than you!
renters have the freedom? or do they? Landlords can also punt them at a moment's notice. Moving costs are the renters.

They can also only rent from places available on the market, they could all be on a busy road . Where home owners can make a place their own, Noone else has a set of keys to check up on them.

Renters sometimes have superior phone clout, but at a cafe someone could easily put them back in their box by asking if they rent or own their home .. straight away everyone at the cafe would turn around and mutter ahaaaa.

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you are paying off or own your own home, you are the boss.

When you are renting, the owner is the boss. Landlord decides what you pay, can judge who you are and even flip a coin whether you stay or kick you into touch.

Last edited:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do squatters fit into your argument, they don't rent but they certainly own what they occupy? I got a cracking story about squatters from my time living in Adelaide. Had to see it to believe it.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do squatters fit into your argument, they don't rent but they certainly own what they occupy? I got a cracking story about squatters from my time living in Adelaide. Had to see it to believe it.
Squatters ancestors were no doubt from a species of renters, but they are the ultra low end.

It's nice to to see renters being able to scoff at someone.

I'll declare it now, I love renters, they pay my mortgage and if there was no such thing as a renter there would also be no such thing as a landlord.

Also noone to boss around at work.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Callan Park Hospital for the Insane
If I was admitted to that place the first question would be do you own or rent..

If I say own (and could prove it) they would say well he has his head screwed on properly .. we can't find any fault with him.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I was admitted to that place the first question would be do you own or rent..

If I say own (and could prove it) they would say well he has his head screwed on properly .. we can't find any fault with him.
If only ivan milat used that for his defense. Ivan how do you plead,
" home owner your honor "
Your free to go mr milat

Banned
Reaction score

Time you moved out of Airds.
No wonder you brag about being a homeowner!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Squatters ancestors were no doubt from a species of renters, but they are the ultra low end.

It's nice to to see renters being able to scoff at someone.

I'll declare it now, I love renters, they pay my mortgage and if there was no such thing as a renter there would also be no such thing as a landlord.

Also noone to boss around at work.
So you admit your still paying off your home ,
So technically you are a renter and the bank is your landlord you miss your payment and your out.

Reactions: 086