The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He would get into Liverpool before city lol
His better than winjalum ox Henderson
If your think he doesn’t get the nod over them your more one eyed than I thought
Only people would say different are pog haters or Liverpool supporters
World Cup winning midfielder
You taking the piss now Steve

End of the day bloke has more trophy’s in his personal cabinet than Liverpool club cabinet in 30 years
Haha mate. You do understand football is a team game, right?

Look, I'm not going to change your mind obviously so there's no point debating it. People do criticise our midfield at times but the combo of Gini, Fabinho and Hendo he wouldn't break into. Nor would he get the nod over Ox. I'd say the same with Milner. Even Lallana if I'm honest as Klopp likes his players playing in a certain way. And to be a certain type of character. Liverpool has a system that we play and the players have to play to that system.

Pogba could no way play in our system. No way. If you're going to argue who's a better player then OK. But you're talking about which team he gets into and I'm telling you he wouldn't at Liverpool. Simple. And his attitude also wouldn't cut it an Liverpool either.

As for Ole. Oh, he was a great player back in the day in a great .... sorry magnificent Man U team. If you want to live off that and use it as justification as why he should remain manager even though his record is worse than any other managers then I'm happy. Hopefully more supporters think like you and he stays around for another 3 or 4 years at least.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck your a donkey, I. Telling you he starts in every epl team now your on about attacking midfield or defensive midfield
1. Pogba starts in every epl team
2. Pogba hasnt played an out not attacking midfield role with Man U and under mourininho rarely played in attacking midfield role but a holding mid
Prolly want to watch a few games muppet
3. I said if they play 3 in the midfield
4 pep plays 3 attacking midfielders a lot of weeks with de bruyne Silva
Gundagon, even played that exact midfield vs Newcastle last week with 4 defenders and 3 up front you absolute donkey. And usually plays 3 mids, only time he plays 4-5 mods is against quality opp like a Liverpool
And actually played 5 against them, 3 attacking 2 defensive but rarely plays dm
5 watch a few epl games

6. Go do some research son

And back to original question, pogba starts in every epl team, your deluded if you think he doesn’t
Swearing at me and using "your" instead of "you're". You are now blocked. Your opinion means literally nothing to me and it's pointless responding to someone that has no idea what they're talking about. Goodbye, you are the weakest link...

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Swearing at me and using "your" instead of "you're". You are now blocked. Your opinion means literally nothing to me and it's pointless responding to someone that has no idea what they're talking about. Goodbye, you are the weakest link...
Ah annoyed someone with power on here so blocked
Well done
That’s why people are getting fed up with the management around here
Including guys posting in this convo
Was it the f bomb or donkey lololol

P.s check the teams peps ran this year, you will see 3 attacking mids a lot of the time
And only 3 mids including last week
But hey, I’ve got no idea even after I presented you the facts
Lolol

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ah annoyed someone with power on here so blocked
Well done
That’s why people are getting fed up with the management around here
Including guys posting in this convo
Was it the f bomb or donkey lololol

P.s check the teams peps ran this year, you will see 3 attacking mids a lot of the time
And only 3 mids including last week
But hey, I’ve got no idea even after I presented you the facts
Lolol
Still doesn't mean he'd get into the Liverpool team though because he wouldn't.

Talk as much about Man City as you like because I don't really care about them, or your lot if I'm honest. However, if you want to debate whether Pogba would get into our team or not then bring it. Other top teams may very well be after him, but that doesn't mean he's the right fit for our club. Because he isn't and never will be. Nothing to do with ability, he simply isn't the right player for us.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think pogba would shine in this liverpool team tbh

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think pogba would shine in this liverpool team tbh
Ha, I highly doubt that. Looking it I'd say the closest player we have is Keita when it comes to attacking proess, passing etc. though I think statistically Pogba is better?

However, Keita gets very little game time (apart from being injured so much) in big games because he doesn't adapt to the system well enough. Our most potent attacking weapons are arguably Robbo and Trent, but they're allowed to do that because of the work of our midfield, in particular Gini and Hendo. Imo having Pogba there would completely imbalance the system and woudl be detrimental to the team.

Judging by his work ethic, or lack of at Man U I really can't see how Liverpool would benefit from him being there. The team attacks and defends together. Looking at his current form I seriously doubt he'd even put in half the effort required to be a midfielder at Liverpool. Imo

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pogba would 100% start for Liverpool. He isn't as good as Coach thinks he is but he's better than Henderson that's for sure.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pogba would 100% start for Liverpool. He isn't as good as Coach thinks he is but he's better than Henderson that's for sure.
Can't disagree more. Especially when saying he'd replace our captain hendo. Suggest you look up statistics for when hendo goes off in last 20 and how much the team struggles but doesn't succeed in making up for his loss. The shape goes.

Player on player pogdba is a better player. But to our system there's no way he'd replace him. Player on player keita is better than hendo but he hasn't replaced him, why do you think Pogba would?

Crazy talk

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can't disagree more. Especially when saying he'd replace our captain hendo. Suggest you look up statistics for when hendo goes off in last 20 and how much the team struggles but doesn't succeed in making up for his loss. The shape goes.

Player on player pogdba is a better player. But to our system there's no way he'd replace him. Player on player keita is better than hendo but he hasn't replaced him, why do you think Pogba would?

Crazy talk
Keita isn't better than Hendo. Keita is always injured. Hendo is easily replaced in our team.He's literally the least important starter in our team.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Keita isn't better than Hendo. Keita is always injured. Hendo is easily replaced in our team.He's literally the least important starter in our team.
Pogba is always injured so that means he's not better than Hendo ... going by your logic ...

Get what you're saying as hear it all the time. It's a shame so many of our supporters STILL don't see why Hendo is in the team. Why he's been made captain. Why him alone is allowing Trent become the incredible player he is. It's incredible people are still deathriding him. Thankfully his team mates, and coaching staff love him and see how important he is.

The 'least important starter in our team' is our captain? Interesting. I'm sure that a certain manager of Liverpool doesn't agree with you.

As I always say, welcome to your opinion but I'll go with Klopp on this one.

Sorry :grinning:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pogba is always injured so that means he's not better than Hendo ... going by your logic ...

Get what you're saying as hear it all the time. It's a shame so many of our supporters STILL don't see why Hendo is in the team. Why he's been made captain. Why him alone is allowing Trent become the incredible player he is. It's incredible people are still deathriding him. Thankfully his team mates, and coaching staff love him and see how important he is.

The 'least important starter in our team' is our captain? Interesting. I'm sure that a certain manager of Liverpool doesn't agree with you.

As I always say, welcome to your opinion but I'll go with Klopp on this one.

Sorry :grinning:
WTF are you talking about? The only starters that Klopp rotates are Henderson and Wijnaldum. It's for a reason. Anyone that thinks Henderson is better than Pogba is delusional. You're just as bad as Coach.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about? The only starters that Klopp rotates are Henderson and Wijnaldum. It's for a reason. Anyone that thinks Henderson is better than Pogba is delusional. You're just as bad as Coach.
Um ... They're the most rotated because they work the most. So they need more rest? They can't keep up the intensity (the key to Liverpool's approach) so need fresh legs.

Honest question mate and not trying to be smart. Do you honestly think that klopp would make 'the least important starter' in our team the captain? You really believe that?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Um ... They're the most rotated because they work the most. So they need more rest? They can't keep up the intensity (the key to Liverpool's approach) so need fresh legs.

Honest question mate and not trying to be smart. Do you honestly think that klopp would make 'the least important starter' in our team the captain? You really believe that?
No, they're rotated because they are the 10th and 11th most important players in the team and the most replaceable. No much difference between Henderson, Wijnaldum, Ox and Milner.

He didn't make him captain. He was already captain when Klopp came here. Whoever is captain isn't important to Klopp. He said so himself when when he first came here that he just makes whoever has been here the longest captain. That changed in June 2018 when the players said that VVD should be the captain when Hendo and Milner don't play.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No, they're rotated because they are the 10th and 11th most important players in the team and the most replaceable. No much difference between Henderson, Wijnaldum, Ox and Milner.

He didn't make him captain. He was already captain when Klopp came here. Whoever is captain isn't important to Klopp. He said so himself when when he first came here that he just makes whoever has been here the longest captain. That changed in June 2018 when the players said that VVD should be the captain when Hendo and Milner don't play.
No much difference between Hendo, Ox, Milner and Wini? Wow. OK. Thought it was pretty clear there's a huge difference between Ox and the other 3 but OK. Each to their own.

As for being captain. Fair point you're trying to make. That Klopp doesn't see the captaincy as important at all and just settled on Hendo as the choice because he was already there. Don't think you're that naive to think that someone as successful as Klopp would keep Hendo as captain, and constantly have him starting in the top top games if he didn't rate him as a player or leader.

I think you're getting too carried away with 'who's the better player' as this isn't what we're discussing. We're talking about whether he'd fit into Liverpool's first team and on current form there's no way.

You say different. OK. But you're wrong.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who watched the Lazio V Juve game this morning? Whatta cracker!! Suck shot Juve, we broke them!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
UCL Round of 16 draw on Monday at 10:00pm (Sydney Time) on Eurosport channel.

These are the possible opponents for the EPL teams:

Liverpool= Real Madrid, Atalanta, Atletico Madrid, Borrusia Dortmund & Lyon.

Manchester City= Real Madrid, Napoli, Atletico Madrid, Borrusia Dortmund & Lyon.

Tottenham= PSG, Juventus, Barcelona, RB Leipzig & Valencia.

Chelsea= PSG, Juventus, Barcelona, RB Leipzig & Bayern Munich.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some decent ties there. Expect Napoli and Leipzig to cause some headaches.

Really can't pin point a favourite, a lot of the big teams including all the Spanish sides aren't as good as they were 2-3 years ago. Bayern have looked good in the UCL so far but I still think they have some obvious weaknesses that can be exploited.

I can really see Ronaldo turning it on from here and Juve going on to win it. They have the strength and depth but they need to be more ruthless.

However with over two months to go until the games, anything can change depending on injuries and form.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That Ronaldo goal, fucking ridiculous.