Rent vs Buy

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my last serious thread before Xmas so let's thrash this out.. who is financially better off, the renters or the home owners?

In one corner we have home owners, the type of people who plan, anticipate and influence, careful with their money and accumulate wealth

In the other corner we have the renters , everything they own basically can be strapped on their back, squander money and love to live for today and now, drink, smoke and always buy the latest iPhone. They like to live it up but have nothing to show at the end of the day.

To start the discussion off please read this article below... Ding... Ding.... Ding..

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/...ome-sydney-regions-if-growth-trends-continue/

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely that's not your best reply?

Renters hate this discussion as the homeowners checkmate them at every turn

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Surely that's not your best reply?

Renters hate this discussion as the homeowners checkmate them at every turn
Dude, I own my own home and couldn't give a rats arse about this debate.

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are home owners really better off if they only own a single property?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are home owners really better off if they only own a single property?
Of course they are.. properties value has skyrocketed over time, the expenses of owning are incidental by comparison.

If you look over time all the maintenance etc would be paid back to you many times over in the land value.

Whilst the renter probably bought 6 versions of the iPhone, smoked a few thousand cigarettes and 1000 cases of beer. At the end nothing to show but a big gut.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top thread. As a home owner I despise renters just like you brother. Fuck those *****, paying someone else's mortgage.

I'll hang my pictures up and put 50 nails in the wall.... who's gonna stop me. I'm not answering to no lord.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Both renters and buyers end up with no house once they kick the bucket.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I might just go live on the streets free of charge?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As a home owner.... what a shit thread
Haven’t you done 5 of these before

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Top thread. As a home owner I despise renters just like you brother. Fuck those *****, paying someone else's mortgage.

I'll hang my pictures up and put 50 nails in the wall.... who's gonna stop me. I'm not answering to no lord.
Well done you bought at house just to put nails in the wall you should be proud.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
This is my last serious thread before Xmas so let's thrash this out.. who is financially better off, the renters or the home owners?

In one corner we have home owners, the type of people who plan, anticipate and influence, careful with their money and accumulate wealth

In the other corner we have the renters , everything they own basically can be strapped on their back, squander money and love to live for today and now, drink, smoke and always buy the latest iPhone. They like to live it up but have nothing to show at the end of the day.

To start the discussion off please read this article below... Ding... Ding.... Ding..

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/...ome-sydney-regions-if-growth-trends-continue/
Have you paid off your horse I mean house?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Another one of these..!!

as a home owner Myself this argument is very invalid.. some rent, some own, some flat etc.. just depends what stage of life you may be at, or if you really give a shit..!! Does not matter at all.!!!

It is what it is.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What about those who rent a nice overpriced and over levied apartment in the city whilst owning several homes in various locations?

A renting homeowner if u will aka "rentvesting"...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Another one of these..!!

as a home owner Myself this argument is very invalid.. some rent, some own, some flat etc.. just depends what stage of life you may be at, or if you really give a shit..!! Does not matter at all.!!!

It is what it is.
Does not matter at all is a fine way to put it.
It is what it is doesn't justify anything in my opinion.

Hate that phrase with a passion.

It isn't what it isn't.