NRL Transfer Whispers: In-demand Arrow drops huge hint over future as Xerri and Lomax

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL Transfer Whispers: In-demand Arrow drops huge hint over future as Xerri and Lomax look set to move on

The Gold Coast Titans player, Jai Arrow, at pre-season trainingSource: News Corp Australia
The NRL transfer market is in a frenzy with the clubs trying to bolster their rosters as pre-season training ramps up.
But who’s staying? Who’s going? And where are they going to?

Here foxsports.com.au brings you the latest NRL transfer whispers.

ARROW SETS HIS TARGET

Beers ‘n’ Banterpodcast that his personal preference was to stay with the Gold Coast. “I’ve come out openly and said I’d love to stay, that was my priority from the start but I’m still waiting for everything to be put in front of me,” Arrow said.
“I’ve spoken to Justin [Holbrook] about it, what better place to live than the Gold Coast?” he said.

“Play footy up here professionally and win games and potentially win a comp.

“That’s my goal, I’ve spoken about that – I want to win a comp and what better way to do it than in my hometown?

“Imagine the party the Gold Coast would throw if we won a comp.

“If we can get the right people, which I think we do. On paper we have a strong a side as anyone in the comp.”

RED V SWEAT ON LOMAX

Zac Lomax is being groomed to be the Dragons fullback this season.

But it might only last a year.

The 20-year-old is off contract at the end of 2020, and has attracted interest from the Wests Tigers, Newcastle Knights and the Canberra Raiders.

Lomax confirmed he had been in conversations with rival sides, but insisted he wanted to focus on the season ahead.
“We have spoken to some other clubs and it’s been good to understand how other clubs roll, (see) some of the facilities,” Lomax said.

“But I’m letting my manager do his work. There’s a process in place.

“At the moment, I’m worrying about my teammates right now and being the best teammate I can and competing the best that I can at every training session.”

XERRI WON’T BE PICKED BY ROOSTERS

Cronulla centre Bronson Xerri wants to leave.

But he won’t be following Kyle Flanagan from the Sharks to the Roosters.

The Daily Telegraph reports that a third party has offered Xerri to the Bondi club for next year, although the Chooks aren’t happy about it.

With Latrell Mitchell expected to head elsewhere, Trent Robinson’s side have a centre spot open, although Billy Smith or Brett Morris could take on that role.
Xerri, according to The Daily Telegraph, is unhappy with the signing of Jesse Ramien after he signed from Newcastle.

The 19-year-old played 22 games in his debut season with the Sharks in 2019.

EELS LOOK TO LAMB

Parramatta will add former Knights and Roosters half to their squad as back-up to Dylan Brown and Mitchell Moses.

The 22-year-old Knights headed to England with the London Broncos in the European Super League, where his performances caught the eye of Brad Arthur.

According to Channel 9, he will sign by the end of this week.

MUSGROVE READY TO ROAR

Zane Musgrove, 23, has been cleared to return to with the Wests Tigers,

The Samoan Test star was on the cusp of joining the Concord club late last year before he was hit with a police charge.

The NRL deregistered him while the case was ongoing, but has been given the green light to resume playing, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.

He was cleared on two counts, but was handed a 12-month correction order for assault along with former Panther Liam Coleman.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The vermin will go hard after him as their current forward pack is putrid. When you front row is Liam Knight and the shittiest Burgess twin you know you're in trouble.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Xerri = superstar..!!

Hope all other clubs miss out. This is one we need.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m hoping we are the ‘under the radar’ type of recruitment. Just like DWZ signing. Time will tell