Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wonder when this circus will end.
Looks like some really bad advice he's been given, feel kinda bad for the bloke but he could've put this to bed a few weeks ago. Hopefully he doesn't go to yawnion, pretty glad we didn't get him now.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wonder when this circus will end.
Looks like some really bad advice he's been given, feel kinda bad for the bloke but he could've put this to bed a few weeks ago. Hopefully he doesn't go to yawnion, pretty glad we didn't get him now.
OMG Chief News Hound GossBuzz calling for him to be left alone now.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would be a disaster if Michael ended up at the Gold Coast. It would be like taking the ugly girl home after messing up your chances with others...

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So do we make him an offer matching the Rorters, giving him 3 options:
1. Play for the Tits, and come last (but earn a bit more coin)
2. Stay where he is and play for North Sydney
3. Get the same pay but play FG with us?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still think it may be a club that hasn't been mentioned/heavily linked to yet.

Cant see him staying at the Roosters.

Titans maybe.

Us, wouldn't really mind (i'm not as keen as first) but I think that ship has sailed.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
4. Have a fabulously well paid holiday with the Wallabies travelling the World.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell seems to spend a lot of time in Taree so I can't imagine he would join the Titans.. and the fact they just simply suck

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tigers in the race again, waiting on a call from Mitchell??

Article in DT. LOL

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a few of your fans and I know just how much you all hate the bunnies, but you hate us to, and you want both the bunnies or us out of the comp.
Why would I want you and the vermin out of the comp when I get so much pleasure from beating you? Truth be told, I've watched the 2019 QF against the vermin more times that I've watched the GF because I just love seeing the disappointment etched on the faces of their players and fans.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why would I want you and the vermin out of the comp when I get so much pleasure from beating you? Truth be told, I've watched the 2019 QF against the vermin more times that I've watched the GF because I just love seeing the disappointment etched on the faces of their players and fans.
While you’re watching replays watch the 2004 grand final mate.
A few highlights for you, Crocker dropping the grand final after Ryan’s tackle, druggy Finch thinking he sealed the game with that field goal and the vision of that girl in the crowd bawling haha

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While you’re watching replays watch the 2004 grand final mate.
A few highlights for you, Crocker dropping the grand final after Ryan’s tackle, druggy Finch thinking he sealed the game with that field goal and the vision of that girl in the crowd bawling haha
I had a full length version of the 2018 prelim final against lol@souffs complete with after game interviews, but I re-wound and watched Adam Reynolds crying after the game so much I ended up corrupting the file and had to delete it. Sad hey.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters ‘shopped’ Latrell Mitchell to Toronto Wolfpack

Latrell Mitchell has been linked with the Tigers, Cowboys, Bulldogs and Titans. Now he can add the Toronto Wolfpack to the growing list.
Fairfax reports the Sydney Roosters shopped the star centre to the newly-promoted Super League outfit who are in the market for another star signing to join Sonny Bill Williams.

According to the report, the Roosters approached Toronto’s head of rugby league Brian Noble when he was in Australia last week.

While Noble wasn’t reached for comment, the club’s chief executive said Mitchell’s name had not come up in recruitment conversations.

Options are running out for the 22-year-old who faces an uncertain future after the Roosters pulled their offer of a contract extension.

Wests Tigers appeared front runners to sign the NSW and Kangaroos representative but pulled out in frustration.

The 22-year-old met with Cowboys officials in Townsville but they now appear long-odds to secure his services having signed Valentine Holmes on a six-year deal.

It leaves the Titans as the surprise contenders for Mitchell, with the club to take him on a tour of their facilities this week where they are expected to use their trump cards - Mal Meninga and Justin Holbrook.

Titans head of culture and performance Meninga has bonded with Mitchell as Kangaroos coach while new Gold Coast mentor Holbrook got to know the centre during his time as Robinson’s assistant at the Roosters.

“The Titans are always interested in attracting quality players to the club and Latrell more than fits that description,” a Titans spokesman said.

“Latrell has expressed an interest in moving to the Gold Coast to play for the Titans, to continue his growth as a player and person under the mentorship of Mal and coaching of Justin.”

If Mitchell can’t ink a deal he faces the prospect of playing in the Roosters’ reserves next year after falling out with coach Trent Robinson with one season left on his contract

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I had a full length version of the 2018 prelim final against lol@souffs complete with after game interviews, but I re-wound and watched Adam Reynolds crying after the game so much I ended up corrupting the file and had to delete it. Sad hey.
Hahaha that’s great mate. We nearly wore out the rewind button on the remote when that kid stacked it on the stairs at the grand final

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters approach Toronto Wolfpack to solve Latrell headache

Andrew Webster
1 hour ago
https://www.linkedin.com/shareArtic...rce=http://a.msn.com/02/en-au/BBXD5Bf?ocid=sl
http://a.msn.com/02/en-au/BBXD5Bf?ocid=sf
https://twitter.com/share?url=http:...rer=http://a.msn.com/02/en-au/BBXD5Bf?ocid=st
https://web.whatsapp.com/send?text=http://a.msn.com/02/en-au/BBXD5Bf?ocid=sw

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugb...s-contract-negotiations/ar-BBXFneq?ocid=ientp

Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell is struggling to find a place to call home.

And now, in the latest episode of "Where the Hell is Latrell Mitchell playing next season?", it can be revealed the Roosters have shopped the star centre to the Toronto Wolfpack.

The approach was made to Toronto’s head of rugby, former England coach Brian Noble, when he was in Australia last week on the hunt for potential recruits.

Having just signed dual international Sonny Bill Williams on a $10 million two-year deal, Mitchell would’ve been another key signing for the Super League powerhouse.

It would also solve what is becoming a major headache for the Roosters as Mitchell struggles to find a club he wants to play for.

Toronto doesn't seem like a solution, though. Noble wasn’t available for comment on Monday night but chief executive Bob Hunter said: "I have had several discussions with Brian in the last few days and Latrell’s name hasn’t been raised at all."

© NRL Photos Latrell Mitchell had an up and down season in 2019 - but still finished as the league's top pointscorer and second top tryscorer.
The Wolfpack development is another plot twist in what is becoming one of the most botched contract negotiations in recent memory — and given rugby league’s history of botched contract negotiations that is saying something.

The well-worn lines about Mitchell being "poorly advised" and "pushed and pulled" in all directions are true.

We won’t rehash the madness of the past six weeks, but to understand how crazy it’s become consider this: three different people have recently approached Souths, all claiming to represent Latrell Mitchell.

© Getty Trent Robinson backed Latrell Mitchell after the star centre was the target of vile online abuse during the 2019 season.
Three? He has one accredited agent and that is Wayde Rushton.

Souths, meanwhile, are getting sick of insisting they don’t want to sign him: neither now or when they find out the extent of their salary cap relief following the retirement of captain Sam Burgess with a shoulder injury.

Furthermore, this column has been told about one adviser telling a Sydney club he can "deliver Latrell" on one condition: they give him a $50,000 spotter’s fee. The person in question did not return calls.

© NRL Photos Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell is struggling to find a place to call home.
This is where the NRL needs to start taking a closer look.

It has recently taken control of the Agents Accreditation Scheme, but it is understood head office — particularly with new chairman Peter V’landys officially in the building — will be taking a much closer look at the way player managers do business.

Mitchell’s messy negotiations also highlight how broken the game’s contract system has become.

He was officially allowed to start talking with other clubs on November 1. Having knocked back the Roosters’ offer of $2.4 million over three years, it was then suggested he might be forced to play 2020 in NSW Cup with North Sydney, the Roosters’ feeder team, if he didn't move on immediately.

In the month that has followed, he’s talked to the Wests Tigers (and had the offer pulled); talked to the Bulldogs (and had the offer pulled); talked to the Cowboys (didn’t even get an offer); and is still talking to the Titans.

All this with one season remaining on his current deal. All this before he’s even returned to training in preparation for the 2020 season.

The default line from clubs wanting to move on players before their contract ends — "You’ll be playing reserve grade" — is loaded with dynamite. Look what happened at the Wests Tigers when then coach Jason Taylor pushed out Robbie Farah.

The game must seriously explore the viability of an internal draft or, at the very least, implement transfer windows.

The NRL has a proposal on the table with the RLPA for trade periods before the start of the regular season, during the Origin period and another after the grand final.

The RLPA prefers a "free market" but it needs to realise the damage the current system is doing to the players it represents; to young, poorly advised players like Mitchell in particular.

He’s been painted as greedy by some; a martyr by others. NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg has been quietly checking in on his mental health in recent weeks.

Mitchell has been lashing out via social media at the "haters" and, mostly, the media. He has re-posted claims from his 178,000 Instagram followers that the coverage has been racist, even drawing comparisons to the way Adam Goodes was booed out of the AFL.

That’s a stretch. Speculation about player negotiations have been filling newspaper column inches for decades with managers and clubs using select reporters to inflate their player's market value.

But there’s no doubt Mitchell feels cornered. The way he took on racist online trolling earlier this year was brave and commendable. So, too, was the way Roosters coach Trent Robinson backed him.

That's why it will be a great shame if Mitchell leaves. The Roosters have helped Mitchell behind closed doors at Moore Park more than any other player.

With every new club Mitchell has been linked to, it becomes clearer the best place for him is the Roosters. Sure, he could squeeze extra dollars out of other clubs. He could get the "fullback money" he wants.

But becoming a "Rooster for life" brings wealth that can't be quantified.

He wouldn't be getting just $800,000 a season. He'd have the guidance, care and football intelligence of Robinson, the power and influence of Nick Politis, and he'd be playing on a left-edge outside of Luke Keary and Boyd Cordner that will surely get him back into the NSW side sooner than later.

The Roosters, though, aren't budging. When Mitchell secretly met with the Bulldogs during the finals series, it did irreparable damage to his reputation at the club.

There are also concerns that Mitchell will struggle for motivation. He's won two premierships, an Origin series win for NSW and Australian jumpers — at the age of 22.

When he met with the Cowboys, club officials asked what appealed most about playing in Townsville.

He didn’t talk about winning premierships, about playing at the club’s new stadium, about taking the field alongside Jason Taumalolo or Michael Morgan.

"Fishing and shooting," he said.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen shit slinging fights between monkeys at a zoo better organised than this contract saga. If Rugby Australia knock you back you know you're a laughing stock.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lattrells camp threatening to expose the roosters under the table dealings,nek minnet lattrell found at the bottom of Sydney harbour