Belmore Blunders

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I copped it heaps at school after the Lamb field goal to lose the match.
I'll see you and raise you.
At the time, Michael Hill was the Chairman of the Knights and my dad worked with him when we had previously lived in Newcastle.
Not only was he with us at the game when it happened - we saw him every now and then in the years that followed - he never let me forget it!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This not the dogs luckily but it is hilarious

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was trying to remember a blunder in goal...a silly pass to JMoz in goal?

Anyway I didn't want to be a kill joy so here's Beastie lol

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every single time Reynolds and Lewis fucked an overlap

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bulldogs great Dallas McIlwain bombing a certain try and certain win when he dropped a regulation ball from Trent Cutler. Knights were up 25-24, Cutler went into open space, 20 metres out with only the fullback in front. Drew and passed beautifully to DMac who spilt it on his chest with the line wide open.
Was that the game we played about 70 minutes with 12 men after Sonny Bill was sent off for a head high on Joey?

That was one of the best team performances you'll see and then McIllwain butchered the try.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was trying to remember a blunder in goal...a silly pass to JMoz in goal?

Anyway I didn't want to be a kill joy so here's Beastie lol

Marty Kennedy knocked on taking a hit up off the kick off and it bounced off his face straight to JMoz for a try. We won 60-6.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fiz' goal kick attempt right in front of the posts? Poor bugger.
I was at that game and looked at my 10-year-old son and said that's going to hurt us LOL. He actually kicked the previous two attempts really sweetly and converted them from difficult angles.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Marty Kennedy knocked on taking a hit up off the kick off and it bounced off his face straight to JMoz for a try. We won 60-6.
Even better when it’s the Chooks!
Was that 2010? Pretty sure I was there.
Went to work the next day and suggested a Chook supporting colleague call Easts Leagues to ask why they didn’t turn up the day before - and he did! The girl on other end of the phone had a good laugh too.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t forget this beauty
Deary me.
I was sorry to lose Bupa but not Grub.
I know he was Bulldogs through and through spirit wise, but was never a huge fan otherwise.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Deary me.
I know he was Bulldogs through and through spirit wise, but was never a huge fan otherwise.
I was initially sorry to lose Graham BUT looking back it was the best decision for the club. He has been a passenger for the Dragons since he left the Bulldogs and I think playing 400+ games has finally caught up with the big guy.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even better when it’s the Chooks!
Was that 2010? Pretty sure I was there.
Went to work the next day and suggested a Chook supporting colleague call Easts Leagues to ask why they didn’t turn up the day before - and he did! The girl on other end of the phone had a good laugh too.
Yeah 2010 I think we lost our first 2 game then came out and demolished them!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was initially sorry to lose Graham BUT looking back it was the best decision for the club. He has been a passenger for the Dragons since he left the Bulldogs and I think playing 400+ games has finally caught up with the big guy.
I thought Graham was declining rapidly in his last few years with us and we made a great call releasing him when we did. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t make it through next year and pulls the pin playing that many games in the toughest position is going to take it’s toll.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Deary me.
I think we needed to move on from both of them it was obvious by the end of 2017 that they had given all they could give and we needed a fresh start just as much as they did.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think we needed to move on from both of them it was obvious by the end of 2017 that they had given all they could give and we needed a fresh start just as much as they did.
Sure - but if only that fresh start wasn’t Aaron Woods!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At Belmore VS NSyd...
1) Luke Goodwin kicks Field goalto make it 17-0 at HT
2) Nth Syd score 3 tries unconverted 17-12
3) Nth Syd winger D.Hall scores oin corner with few mins left. Craig PollaMounter tackles him late with swinging arm and ref awards 8point try.
4) Nth Syd miss sideline goal but thier goalkicker Craig Mcpeace kicks the 8point try penalty goal from infront
Nth Syd win 18 - Dogs 17

BallsUp

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
At Belmore VS NSyd...
1) Luke Goodwin kicks Field goalto make it 17-0 at HT
2) Nth Syd score 3 tries unconverted 17-12
3) Nth Syd winger D.Hall scores oin corner with few mins left. Craig PollaMounter tackles him late with swinging arm and ref awards 8point try.
4) Nth Syd miss sidelone goal but thier kicker Craig Macpeace kicks the 8point try penalty goal from infront
Nth Syd18 - Dogs17
I watched that game recently on Kayo, they had some classics on. 1993 I think. Ouch...