Status
Not open for further replies.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know. Don't remember this much fighting during the tenure of the previous board.
This is my first preseason here. It's probably my fault :tearsofjoy:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is my first preseason here. It's probably my fault :tearsofjoy:
HOnestly mate, I've called you out a fair bit ... from memory ... but you've stopped being as aggressive with your views so I tend to listen to you more. I don't entirely agree with what you're saying, but I can see your thinking behind it. Only time will tell whether you're right or not, but that's just what we need. Time.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I know. Don't remember this much fighting during the tenure of the previous board.
Not a Board issue I don't reckon. Deep down I think even us complainers recognise the tough job they have. Most respect them. I do anyway.

It comes down to patience as some have said already. We don't seem to be successful players in the marketplace ...
.but I acknowledge we dont know whats happening behind the scenes.

Mr I's monitoring of the site probs had something to do with the nastiness and fighting of late. His 24/7 oversight lol..but looks like it was needed.

Must be very hard monitoring a site as diverse, opinionated and controversial as this one.

Didn't mean to rile you up in that other thread. I'm just sick of the stirring up of trouble which gets us no where.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a Board issue I don't reckon. Deep down I think even us complainers recognise the tough job they have. Most respect them. I do anyway.

It comes down to patience as some have said already. We don't seem to be successful players in the marketplace ...
.but I acknowledge we dont know whats happening behind the scenes.

Mr I's monitoring of the site probs had something to do with the nastiness and fighting of late. His 24/7 oversight lol..but looks like it was needed.

Must be very hard monitoring a site as diverse, opinionated and controversial as this one.

Didn't mean to rile you up in that other thread. I'm just sick of the stirring up of trouble which gets us no where.
That is fine. I am just sick of the constant fighting between members over something that was never going to be an instant fix. I admit I show my frustration of the board at times, but it is what it is.

Banned
Reaction score
That is fine. I am just sick of the constant fighting between members over something that was never going to be an instant fix. I admit I show my frustration of the board at times, but it is what it is.
Know what's the worst part of the shitstorm?
There are a few troublemakers, deliberately spreading shit to wedge between those that hold a difference of opinion, as a part of an agenda.
Remove them, and I strongly suspect the large majority of shit disappears with it!
Yet that would require strong consistent staffing and from all I've seen and hear, the only active example of that, was removed and not fully reinstated.
I've talked to enough senior active members in private to have enough of an idea of the landscape, that I'm comfortable stating as such btw.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree 086.

Dognacious commented there's been bans so I think the joint will settle down and resume its normal argumentative ways :grinning: (without the agendas and purely spiteful posts that had nothing whatsoever Bulldogs about them).

Banned
Reaction score
I agree 086.

Dognacious commented there's been bans so I think the joint will settle down and resume its normal argumentative ways :grinning: (without the agendas and purely spiteful posts that had nothing whatsoever Bulldogs about them).
Why can't we all just take a month off hating each other and collectively hate the rorters and nrlol ?
It is the festive season, so miracles are possible!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fresh claims suggest Josh Addo-Carr wants to quit the Melbourne Storm immediately

Josh Addo-Carr of the Storm celebrates victory at full-time during the Round 9 NRL match between the Melbourne Storm and the Parramatta EelsSource: AAP
The Melbourne Storm appeared to hose down talk that Josh Addo-Carr would quit the club and return to his hometown of Sydney.
“Where the talk is coming from, I’m not sure, but I can say hand on heart Josh is committed to Storm as much as we’re committed to Josh,” Storm CEO Dave Donaghy said.

But a bombshell report has just reopened the possibility of “the Foxx” swapping Victoria for New South Wales.

Writing in his Sydney Morning Herald column, Danny Weidler claims that Addo-Carr still wants to move back to Sydney owing to family reasons.

“Josh Addo-Carr was made a promise when he signed with the Storm that he liked the sound of: the club was about family first,” Weidler wrote. “It’s why he is giving serious consideration to walking away from the final two years of his contract there.

“Sources who know Addo-Carr well say he is at a point where he wants to put family before everything else.

“If you think it sounds like the situation that Latrell Mitchell is facing on the family front, you are right. Mitchell is expecting his second child. Addo-Carr has had a change in his personal life.

“Without going into the details, Addo-Carr recently got custody of his five-year-old daughter. His partner, who is from Sydney, is pregnant. The pair have no family in Melbourne. His family is from Sydney and he is determined to bring his kids up around family.

“Addo Carr is not committed to the club. He is committed to his family. He doesn’t have a deal in place to move on.”

Addo-Carr’s manager, Chris Orr, confirmed to the Herald that the club had spoken with the player about his future amid suggestions he could return to Sydney for the 2020 season.

“They confirmed their position around his contract and their desire for him to stay and extend,’’ Orr said. “Josh spoke openly about his feelings on a number of things. He is not due back until the middle of December.”

Letting Addo-Carr leave would be a brave move on the Storm’s part given they have already let Curtis Scott move to Canberra, Will Chambers head to Japanese rugby union, and Suliasi Vunivalu has been linked to a switch to the Wallabies.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
15 pages and we ain’t getting the fox lol. Prefer Xerri anyway lol.. and not for reasons other than my own, and it’s the more likely option.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Imagine having a left side flank of Xerri and JAC....

Some serious speed there

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
MORE lol

Josh-Addo Carr set for D-Day meeting over his Melbourne Storm future with coach Craig Bellamy
Storm

Josh Addo-Carr of the Storm, could be on the moveSource: News Corp Australia
NSW State of Origin winger Josh Addo-Carr is wrestling with the prospect of having to make the toughest phone call of his career to Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy.

Addo-Carr is facing a family-related dilemma and is seriously contemplating remaining in Sydney rather than returning to the Melbourne Storm for pre-season training.

As first reported by Fairfax media, “The Foxx” held a meeting with Melbourne Storm CEO Dave Donaghy in Sydney on Friday in a bid to try and resolve the situation.

After the meeting, the Storm were quick to reiterate Addo-Carr’s commitment to the club and pledge the Blues and Kangaroos winger would be remaining in Melbourne for the 2020 and 2021 seasons.
While Addo-Carr is contracted to the Storm for the next two seasons and absolutely loves the club and everything they’ve done for him, “The Foxx” is determined to put his family first.

And that means the premiership-winning winger needs to be in Sydney.

Rival NRL clubs have heard the narrative and are closely monitoring the situation.

The situation is expected to come to a head in the next fortnight when Addo-Carr is due to return to Melbourne for pre-season training.

If “The Foxx” feels as though he can’t commit to the Storm, the Blues and Kangaroos flyer will have to pick the phone up and call Storm coach Bellamy.

That won’t be an easy phone call.

It’s a delicate situation for the Storm who have only recently released centres Curtis Scott and Will Chambers as well as halfback Brodie Croft to ensure they are salary cap compliant for next year.

To lose a third backline strike weapon would present the club with an unforeseen problem.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
These reporters must be bored, just making shit up with no information from the source.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rumour wont die tho

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He wants to leave 100%. Just need Melbourne to lie down like we did with klemmer

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha :tearsofjoy:

Not gonna lie, was going to make it my profile pic. But I felt like punching myself.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Melbourne Storm potentially losing Curtis Scott, Will Chambers and Addo-Carr in one offseason would be diabolical. There's no way they'd let Josh leave as well after releasing Chambers and Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.