News Bulldogs could be denied salary cap relief for Kieran Foran injury!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The real anger should be directed at Dib he’s the idiot that signed a injury prone player to a massive contract when there wasn’t any competition for his signature.
Yep fair call.

Signing Foran was one of the most, if not THE most idiotic signing decisions in NRL history.

Sure, if we signed him for $250k a year I'd say great signing (even if he continued getting injured).

But at his current salary level it is ridiculous.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I feel for Foran, it shouldn't be considered his fault we lose compensation. If he wants to try and play on that is his right.
He is an inconsiderate prick.

Even if he is fit to come back early, he should STFU.

He has already cost your club heaps of Salary Cap money because he is made of fucking glass.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't think they're going to change the rules for us (I don't actually know what the rule is). Whatever the rules state is what we should get and that's the same for any club. I don't necessarily agree with the ruling (assuming it's capped at 350k) especially for a marquee player on his last year expected to be out for all (?) of the season. To prevent a loophole maybe they could make it as long as we agree to not re-sign Foran after 2020 that we could get the 1.2m in full...
They never changed a rule to benefit us... Dogs have and always will be the team that is made an example of sadly.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

He has already cost your club heaps of Salary Cap money because he is made of fucking glass.
This is a stupid opinion. This is the guys job and livelihood. He should not have to cost himself millions just because it would save his employer some money. The people to blame for your gripe are the people who signed him up in the first place. He was always injury prone and should never have been signed on such a long, costly contract. But here we are and it is not Forans fault. By all accounts he does everything humanely possible to be fit.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The real anger should be directed at Dib he’s the idiot that signed a injury prone player to a massive contract when there wasn’t any competition for his signature.
Has Dib ever come out and tried to justify this signing and the huge chunk it too of the club's cap?....apart from the pathetic "I placed too much trust in other people".

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Has Dib ever come out and tried to justify this signing and the huge chunk it too of the club's cap?....apart from the pathetic "I placed too much trust in other people".
Des got sacked.
Once sacked his responsibility is over, plus Did took all credit for signing Foran & Woods.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Inglis didn’t get medically retired. Souths offered him a job after football paying him around $300k and the rest of his million dollar contract was inexplicably taken off Souths cap with the NRL blessing the whole thing.
What!! how does this work?
Also just read his new gig is $300,000 pa for South's cares, doing what? Almost nothing apparently.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is a stupid opinion. This is the guys job and livelihood. He should not have to cost himself millions just because it would save his employer some money.
FFS

He is still getting paid.

That's the point of getting relief from the NRL, the Dogs want some of his salary cap money.

Foran won't lose a single cent.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Dib has been heard from since the last election? I really don’t think there’s a way of justifying any of it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What!! how does this work?
Also just read his new gig is $300,000 pa for South's cares, doing what? Almost nothing apparently.
Yeah it’s a absolute rort! The whole thing stinks to high heaven. It will be very interesting to see what happens when a similar case comes up in the future.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah it’s a absolute rort! The whole thing stinks to high heaven. It will be very interesting to see what happens when a similar case comes up in the future.
We all know the answer to thaaat.

Well unless Todd gives that player a character reference for court also.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Plus how can he offer anything at all to NSWRL when he has no affiliation with a member club and is persona non grata at his old club.

What the hell does he do and who does he liaise with?

I thought the NSWRL had improved under Dr George to something passing as a professional sporting organisation at least.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Kaz - don't you have some other things to worry about?

Attachments

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't blame the NRL. It's simple, if Foran doesn't play the first 12 rounds we then get $350k minimum.

When Foran is coming out saying he wants to return in June possible May then how can the NRL give us anything atm because the selfishness in Foran is what is holding the NRL back from giving us relief and also holding the club back from moving forward. He needs to shut the fck up!

Selfish, selfish and fkn selfish

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Source?

And if it's true, Sam is actually retired, and Foran isn't yet so...
read the full story posted after i posted this.

While i get why we wouldnt get full relief for Foran when he isnt retired yet, where Sam is retired making a difference, im not delighted that Foran saying he is aiming to come back earlier than the doctors have said he would denying us a chance at any relief at all (the 350K, which is better than nothing). If he does come back early, he better kill it and not get injured.

I like Foz, and i can see he is really trying hard to do his best for us (and himself), but the reality is nobody but him has faith he wont get injured again and do more damage to the side than good going forward. And for coming back early to have any effect for him, hes going to need to kill it on return, and also not get injured at all the rest of the year, or hes cooked in the NRL. No side will take him on, hes too risky. Even with a big pay cut. Its a shame because he is a very good player when hes fit and playing. The style he has played all his career, taking on the line as much as he does, has led to his corrent condition, which i dont think is curable now. If he stops taking on the line to extend his career, he will be dramatically less effective, because thats what makes him stand out. Not many do what he does. Probably coz they dont want to end up like him physically.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've always assumed we'd get no compensation from the NRL while Souths can get whatever concessions they fabricate approved without fuss...

Foran trying to play ahead of schedule epitomises how delusional and selfish he is and how little he gives a fuck about the club.

He'll risk further injury by trying to rush back before his body is healed which will further destabilise the balance and cohesion of the team and hurt the club cap wise.. And all for what exactly? It's not like we'll be contending for a title.

Either release this clown now or tell him he'll be playing Reserves all season. The guy doesn't deserve to play a First Grade game for the club again.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We probably won’t even get the $350k if he is targeting a May/June return date. Round 12 starts in the first week of June.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've always assumed we'd get no compensation from the NRL while Souths can get whatever concessions they fabricate approved without fuss...

Foran trying to play ahead of schedule epitomises how delusional and selfish he is and how little he gives a fuck about the club.

He'll risk further injury by trying to rush back before his body is healed which will further destabilise the balance and cohesion of the team and hurt the club cap wise.. And all for what exactly? It's not like we'll be contending for a title.

Either release this clown now or tell him he'll be playing Reserves all season. The guy doesn't deserve to play a First Grade game for the club again.
Absolutely spot on.

He also should never have been playing in that test match, he owed it to the club to be playing round 1 next year.

He comes out with silly shit like he's the fittest he's been in years when he looks like he can barely walk off the field at the end of a game.