Status
Not open for further replies.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
People can moan all they want about paying that for wingers but in all fairness wings a important position although he ain’t a big body who can get the sets rolling. his speed and evasion ability to score try’s is something special 1 mill 1.2 for a winger is a bit much at this point in time but semi randrandra isn’t the only winger I’d pay that for cause he is size and speed
But hopefully we throw our hat in for josh would be a nice grab
The ideal Winger (current meta) imo is pace, strength and height. A winger that can help the forwards out is massive and I think they'll perform better in a lower level team and even make them a top eight threat (Sivo and Ferguson for example). JAC is one of the best, if not the best, Winger in the NRL so he's probably an exception to spending marquee money on a Winger.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t forget the heavily backended contracts and Foran’s huge last year of his contract
Not being a smartarse, generally am keen to know, apart from Foran and Jackson, who else could we possibly have next year with a heavily backended contract? I’m talking the money that cripples a cap type of payments.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not being a smartarse, generally am keen to know, apart from Foran and Jackson, who else could we possibly have next year with a heavily backended contract? I’m talking the money that cripples a cap type of payments.
I know mate. Tolman is another

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The sums haven't added up for years.

We haven't had a real x factor since Barba and even he wasn't on huge money.

All these guys must have been on huge money and overs since then at least.

Our roster was never laced with multuple SOO even since 2004.

The sc troubles have never made sense when you compare our roster to others. It was gradually run down but the sc amt stayed the same.

Dib/Hasler/Castle asleep at the wheel, gross negligence or something else.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The sums haven't added up for years.

We haven't had a real x factor since Barba and even he wasn't on huge money.

All these guys must have been on huge money and overs since then at least.

Our roster was never laced with multuple SOO even since 2004.

The sc troubles have never made sense when you compare our roster to others. It was gradually run down but the sc amt stayed the same.

Dib/Hasler/Castle asleep at the wheel, gross negligence or something else.
Unfortunately they have added up hence our position but yep they were asleep at the wheel, reckless and negligent.
Put it this way, if Foran was signed up to that contract in government they would’ve been before the ICAC

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL 2019: Josh Addo-Carr future, Melbourne Storm, Wests Tigers, contract

The Melbourne Storm have quashed speculation linking Josh Addo-Carr to an early release, confirming he’ll play in purple in gold during the 2020 NRL season.
Addo-Carr was reportedly seeking a move away from Melbourne to be closer to his family in Sydney.

But club boss Dave Donaghy broke his silence Friday to make it clear Addo-Carr, who is contracted to the Storm through 2021, is going nowhere.

“We don’t respond a lot to external noise but given there is quite a bit of commentary at the moment I thought I’d clear that up,” Donaghy said.

“Where the talk is coming from I’m not sure, but I can say hand on heart Josh is committed to Storm as much as we’re committed to Josh.”

Addo-Carr had even been linked with Wests Tigers Thursday following the revelation that they had ended their formal pursuit of Latrell Mitchell.

MORE TO COME

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
NRL 2019: Josh Addo-Carr future, Melbourne Storm, Wests Tigers, contract

The Melbourne Storm have quashed speculation linking Josh Addo-Carr to an early release, confirming he’ll play in purple in gold during the 2020 NRL season.
Addo-Carr was reportedly seeking a move away from Melbourne to be closer to his family in Sydney.

But club boss Dave Donaghy broke his silence Friday to make it clear Addo-Carr, who is contracted to the Storm through 2021, is going nowhere.

“We don’t respond a lot to external noise but given there is quite a bit of commentary at the moment I thought I’d clear that up,” Donaghy said.

“Where the talk is coming from I’m not sure, but I can say hand on heart Josh is committed to Storm as much as we’re committed to Josh.”

Addo-Carr had even been linked with Wests Tigers Thursday following the revelation that they had ended their formal pursuit of Latrell Mitchell.

MORE TO COME
“We’ve missed out on another one”
“The list is getting smaller”
“We’ll never sign anyone”
“We can only sign Chris Smith, Montoya & Holland”
“Board out”
“Pay out”

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
“Board out”
“Pay out”
Please stop reminding us :(

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
“Board out”
“Pay out”
I don't get why you keep repeating it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
“Board out”
“Pay out”
I still don't know why you keep repeating it :(

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I still don't know why you keep repeating it :(
Look. You may be right and the club's in shit. It's possible. There's no guarantee we're going to sign anyone good this summer. Nor that we'll ever be a powerhouse again. You're 100% right to have concerns. I think we all do.

What I believe many people are saying is that it's still early doors and let's hold off slitting our wrists until we've actually got something to judge the club on. All we have atm is the fact we walked away from Mitchell ... like every other club. That we chased 3000 hookers and ended up with one (insert Charlie Sheen joke here). Everything else is just heresay.

Let's wait and see how it all pans out as very few signings have still been made.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Look. You may be right and the club's in shit. It's possible. There's no guarantee we're going to sign anyone good this summer. Nor that we'll ever be a powerhouse again. You're 100% right to have concerns. I think we all do.

What I believe many people are saying is that it's still early doors and let's hold off slitting our wrists until we've actually got something to judge the club on. All we have atm is the fact we walked away from Mitchell ... like every other club. That we chased 3000 hookers and ended up with one (insert Charlie Sheen joke here). Everything else is just heresay.

Let's wait and see how it all pans out as very few signings have still been made.
Couldnt agree more.

But you will never stop fans from wanting whats best for the Dogs right now and therefore expressing their concern.

The fighting and insults are just a waste of writers cramp and expose the base sociopathy tendencies of some on here.

All so unnecessary.

Everyone just needs to accept that theres going to be 100% variations of opinions and stop trying to insult and ram their level of acceptance of the clubs fortunes (atm) on others.

Goes round and round but in the end no one changes the way they feel about the club. Dumb to even try.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Couldnt agree more.

But you will never stop fans from wanting whats best for the Dogs right now and therefore expressing their concern.

The fighting and insults are just a waste of writers cramp and expose the base sociopathy tendencies of some on here.

All so unnecessary.

Everyone just needs to accept that theres going to be 100% variations of opinions and stop trying to insult and ram their level of acceptance of the clubs fortunes (atm) on others.

Goes round and round but in the end no one changes the way they feel about the club. Dumb to even try.
The issue is some are scabbing free rides so holding on for dear life to push their agendas.

You are clearly a very educated individual and your posts show it.

Even while optimistic I can’t agree whole heartedly with Steve’s comment though I can respect it, at least it is not delusional and Laughing off the reality of our club clearly struggling and trying to force heavily biased agendas in a pathetic attempt to
Hang onto a free ride.

Let’s hope we do manage to remove the deadwood be it on field or off and finally start to challenge for the first time in half a decade like any true fan would want!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Couldnt agree more.

All so unnecessary.

What about the losers death riding and getting a kick out of when the club fail? That’s how it appears from someone more positive than you lot

Status
Not open for further replies.