The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It's been annoying that I've listened to some older relatives talking about younger generations being lazy and lacking ambition at the wedding of my nephew. Basically began with another nephew saying that he didn't think he'd ever be able to buy a house. In a nutshell the two old turds began preaching about the fact that by the time they'd retired they both owned more than one house and other assets to boot while people starting out today don't have the drive to do the same. Basically telling myself and four of my nephew's that it was laziness to not aspire to even own one house. Before I could help myself I blurted that it was bullshit and that they had it easier back then. I got told I am a disrespectful little shit in those exact words. Rather than bite back rudely again I looked for facts to support my point. I've looked into it before so while not being certain of figures I do know that housing was more affordable in the past.

Fact of the matter is that in the past, the disparity between housing costs plus cost of living and wages wasn't what it is these days.

Median wage in 1970 was close to $10k a year, average house price was $30k. Basically possible to pay off a house in 6 years if you can throw half your wage on repayments.

Median wage in Sydney is about $45k a year, average house price is $840k in Sydney. Basically would take 20 years under the same scenario, but over that time the interest paid has a much greater impact. So 20 years is not a realistic expectation.

Sydney is the most expensive example really. But it's a good indication of the disparity between median wage and house prices. Those figures don't even take into account that the price of rent and utilities etc are exponentially higher these days.

I googled a few of these stats and showed them the disparity. Basically bit my tongue and politely told them that the ladder has been pulled up for younger generations. It's harder for people to get off the ground now with regards to home ownership. Got told in a very disrespectful manner that I was a smart ass again and wanted the world handed to me on a platter. I told them that the platter they had would be nice. I was told to piss off. At this point I was pissed off and said they should be ashamed of themselves for leaving their grandkids a world where owning a home meant they were virtually slaves to the bank for the majority of their young lives. And that they should get their heads around the truth rather than insulting others and calling them lazy. At this time the grand uncles went and dobbed on me to my dad rather than persist in arguing a point where they knew they were wrong.
Family or not?
You should never dispute an arrogant, narrow minded, sheltered life,baby booming, closet homosexual!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Family or not?
You should never dispute an arrogant, narrow minded, sheltered life,baby booming, closet homosexual!
Yeah they are. My great grandfather remarried about ten years after his first wife died. These two are half brothers of my now deceased grandfather. I've only met them a few times at my dad's Christmas gatherings. I'm surprised that they got an invite. But the family of my nephew's new wife were big on having a monstrously large wedding.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah they are. My great grandfather remarried about ten years after his first wife died. These two are half brothers of my now deceased grandfather. I've only met them a few times at my dad's Christmas gatherings. I'm surprised that they got an invite. But the family of my nephew's new wife were big on having a monstrously large wedding.
Either way who do people of this generation think they are?
My grandfather not long before he died couldn’t understand why I didn’t have my first house paid for?
By the time he was my age he said he had money saved up for a house without needing a loan from the bank!

Easy for him, he came from a village in Europe where everyone had no money anyway.
So it makes sense that someone like that would have more resilience and discipline.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I've harped on about it.. but wtf is with Dogs.. how is it they can be outside ALL day, you take them for a walk, 50 meters in and they need to take a dump..... I'm not going to be cleaning up after them like some kind of weirdo

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Communism wanting the right to seize control of the suburban bedroom, thats where people sleep, play and fuck, it will always be off limits.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure I've harped on about it.. but wtf is with Dogs.. how is it they can be outside ALL day, you take them for a walk, 50 meters in and they need to take a dump..... I'm not going to be cleaning up after them like some kind of weirdo

My dog is awesome she barely craps when out walking.

Your situation sucks though because its not your dog but may as well be.

Same for me.
The dog is microchipped in my sisters name but the dog loves me the most.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Communism wanting the right to seize control of the suburban bedroom, thats where people sleep, play and fuck, it will always be off limits.
To quote Lennon.
To practice love we need to hide.
To practice violence we can do that in broad daylight!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
To quote Lennon.
To practice love we need to hide.
To practice violence we can do that in broad daylight!
Weird how John Lennon was killed because he was too peaceful.
Prolly another Government conspiracy.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Weird how John Lennon was killed because he was too peaceful.
Prolly another Government conspiracy.
Every man whoever said "hey just be good to one another and try not to get in anyones way" naturally die by suicide because of depression if they are not taken out by a madman who somehow has ties to the Bush criminal empire.

Yes I've noticed that!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My dog is awesome she barely craps when out walking.

Your situation sucks though because its not your dog but may as well be.

Same for me.
The dog is microchipped in my sisters name but the dog loves me the most.

the oldest one doesn't usually... but the younger one has done it the past two times I have walked them and he is pushing his luck... I will be tempted to throw him in the lake if he does it again.. the people who live along the lake near me, they watch you when your dog shits to make sure you clean it up lol.... I normally just act as if I can't see what is happening and continue on my way, hoping nobody calls out and makes the situation more awkward than it already is.. first world problems bro

I'm not a fan of pets as you have realised but I can't stand by while any life form is left to sit around and be bored all day

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every man whoever said "hey just be good to one another and try not to get in anyones way" naturally die by suicide because of depression if they are not taken out by a madman who somehow has ties to the Bush criminal empire.

Yes I've noticed that!
Bit like nice guys finish last, they get walked over by the sly.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
the oldest one doesn't usually... but the younger one has done it the past two times I have walked them and he is pushing his luck... I will be tempted to throw him in the lake if he does it again.. the people who live along the lake near me, they watch you when your dog shits to make sure you clean it up lol.... I normally just act as if I can't see what is happening and continue on my way, hoping nobody calls out and makes the situation more awkward than it already is.. first world problems bro

I'm not a fan of pets as you have realised but I can't stand by while any life form is left to sit around and be bored all day
At least you have some form of compassion.
You obviously aren't one of those sick in the head ***** who gets joy torturing animals!

Bringing unnecessary harm to an animal is a big no in my eyes.

Vegans will argue that I shouldn't eat meat.
Thats different, our ancestors played god to get wild animals domesticated so we could eat easy without having to hunt!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least you have some form of compassion.
You obviously aren't one of those sick in the head ***** who gets joy torturing animals!

Bringing unnecessary harm to an animal is a big no in my eyes.

Vegans will argue that I shouldn't eat meat.
Thats different, our ancestors played god to get wild animals domesticated so we could eat easy without having to hunt!

that's it.. I don't hate animals or anything like that, I just don't like living with then.. but tbf I don't like living with humans either... I like my space and I like my quiet.. I'd probably thrive in solitary confinement

animals eat animals, animals eat humans when they get the chance.. and what you said is right, we just happen to have an easier process for obtaining our food

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If your neighbours call you out about not picking up the pop, tell them the vomit you do if you have to pick it up will be much less appealing.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your neighbours call you out about not picking up the pop, tell them the vomit you do if you have to pick it up will be much less appealing.

it's pretty sad really... nobody cared before the signs went up... now people will call out to you from their balcony lol... get a life I say! I normally go at night just to avoid the awkwardness of being spotted fleeing the scene of the crime

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get how people are bothered by dog shit but not rubbish?

I find it worse seeing plastic and ciggie butts scattered everywhere.

At least shit breaks down.
Rubbish just accumulates making the environment look like a landfill!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't get how people are bothered by dog shit but not rubbish?

I find it worse seeing plastic and ciggie butts scattered everywhere.

At least shit breaks down.
Rubbish just accumulates making the environment look like a landfill!

exactly... it's fertiliser! NSW is probably the filthiest state and people are worried about a bit of dog shit on grass

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shows you how dumb most people from new south fails are.
shows you that people will get on their high horse over anything if given the opportunity... like those people who get up in arms over the most insignificant crap on A Current Affair lol.... oohh the Chinese are buying everything... oh no... maybe if we didn't spend half of our lives glued to a TV we could be making our own investments