The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
When JJJ lie about people, the recklessness of a national broadcaster.
Luke Bona on MMM is no better.

Its best to avoid JJJ.
You have so many people who do podcasts around the world I have no idea why we bother with free to air radio anymore?

The mainstream in this country is absolute garbage.
If you want real alternative you need to look to other countries which is not Australia.

Real Aussie talent gets held back or a rug thrown over them.

If they don't have a bullshit superficial image with a bleeding heart sob story to back it, they don't give a damn about you.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
hit the nail on the head! I'm looking for a girl who uses either no social media, or very little social media.... shit is poison
I'm 100% with you on that one my friend.
Also would be nice to find one who doesn't expect me to drink alcohol everytime I'm with them.
Yes and yes guys. I want a real WOMAN. Not a materialistic plastic princess. I want someone who works and has an idea of where their life is going... basically someone who doesn't expect things to be handed to them on a platter. A lot of today's girls are going to get a rude shock in 15-20 years time when they realise their looks aren't giving them the things they used to. I can accept teenage girls are like this, but not chicks my age!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The PC Brigade this time of year drive me bonkers. We have those crying for the 'Christmas Party' to be referred to as 'End of Year Function' :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

'Christmas Holidays' to be referred to as 'Summer Holidays' :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

In the nicest possible way... GO FUCK YOURSELVES!
Happy Holidays Wahesh.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm 100% with you on that one my friend.
Also would be nice to find one who doesn't expect me to drink alcohol everytime I'm with them.

hard... if they need alcohol to be comfortable that is a danger alert... a drink here and there is ok but relationships where it's constant drinking and partying are nothing but drama in most cases

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
hard... if they need alcohol to be comfortable that is a danger alert... a drink here and there is ok but relationships where it's constant drinking and partying are nothing but drama in most cases
I don’t need alcohol to be comfortable or have a good time.

It’s sad that so many people believe alcohol is a good ice breaker.
It is my fault though.
That’s how I met this devil I’m with now by offering to buy her a drink.

I went to the bar bought myself a drink went and stood in the middle of the venue looking at my watch and shuffling my feet.

Turned around and she was standing there in my shadow looking at me like a lost puppy!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stayed back at work last night so went in late.. went to gym just after 9am... There was women everywhere.. one or two men around.

Is that what women think is a hectic day?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stayed back at work last night so went in late.. went to gym just after 9am... There was women everywhere.. one or two men around.

Is that what women think is a hectic day?
I have to quote myself here.

I was thinking all the men out there busting their arse at work whilst the women at 9am were at the gym, yoga, the PT showing them how to move their arse, a sauna and a light jog. Then when their man gets home, they say their day has been so busy they have not had time to sit down

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I have to quote myself here.

I was thinking all the men out there busting their arse at work whilst the women at 9am were at the gym, yoga, the PT showing them how to move their arse, a sauna and a light jog. Then when their man gets home, they say their day has been so busy they have not had time to sit down
I remember when I was a kid my mum dragged me and my brother along to a few of her aerobics classes.
I’m talking 1991/92.

The two instructors they had were both men and both were chauvinistic womanising pigs!

You know that movie kingpin with Woody Harrelson and Bill Murray?
The commercial where Bill Murray is supporting a single mothers foundation is how I how compare the way these guys treated the women in this class.

I wouldn’t be surprised if these guys if they’re still around are registered sex offenders actually.
They had no shame in treating the women like that in front of a 7 year old and 5 year old.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t need alcohol to be comfortable or have a good time.

It’s sad that so many people believe alcohol is a good ice breaker.
It is my fault though.
That’s how I met this devil I’m with now by offering to buy her a drink.

I went to the bar bought myself a drink went and stood in the middle of the venue looking at my watch and shuffling my feet.

Turned around and she was standing there in my shadow looking at me like a lost puppy!

you got suckered in hey? I'm with you on alcohol mate.. and the shit thing is that in many cases you end up forgetting everything anyway lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@Howard Moon @Memberberries @086

I never thought I'd say this being a man who loves women and all, but... it seems like we're all united in our derogatory view of witches!

Now... let's look for a feminist.

Banned
Reaction score
Got my flaming pitchfork ready!
@Wolfmother any suggestions?
Perhaps Lynne and Uncle Ray are a good place to start?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's been annoying that I've listened to some older relatives talking about younger generations being lazy and lacking ambition at the wedding of my nephew. Basically began with another nephew saying that he didn't think he'd ever be able to buy a house. In a nutshell the two old turds began preaching about the fact that by the time they'd retired they both owned more than one house and other assets to boot while people starting out today don't have the drive to do the same. Basically telling myself and four of my nephew's that it was laziness to not aspire to even own one house. Before I could help myself I blurted that it was bullshit and that they had it easier back then. I got told I am a disrespectful little shit in those exact words. Rather than bite back rudely again I looked for facts to support my point. I've looked into it before so while not being certain of figures I do know that housing was more affordable in the past.

Fact of the matter is that in the past, the disparity between housing costs plus cost of living and wages wasn't what it is these days.

Median wage in 1970 was close to $10k a year, average house price was $30k. Basically possible to pay off a house in 6 years if you can throw half your wage on repayments.

Median wage in Sydney is about $45k a year, average house price is $840k in Sydney. Basically would take 20 years under the same scenario, but over that time the interest paid has a much greater impact. So 20 years is not a realistic expectation.

Sydney is the most expensive example really. But it's a good indication of the disparity between median wage and house prices. Those figures don't even take into account that the price of rent and utilities etc are exponentially higher these days.

I googled a few of these stats and showed them the disparity. Basically bit my tongue and politely told them that the ladder has been pulled up for younger generations. It's harder for people to get off the ground now with regards to home ownership. Got told in a very disrespectful manner that I was a smart ass again and wanted the world handed to me on a platter. I told them that the platter they had would be nice. I was told to piss off. At this point I was pissed off and said they should be ashamed of themselves for leaving their grandkids a world where owning a home meant they were virtually slaves to the bank for the majority of their young lives. And that they should get their heads around the truth rather than insulting others and calling them lazy. At this time the grand uncles went and dobbed on me to my dad rather than persist in arguing a point where they knew they were wrong.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's been annoying that I've listened to some older relatives talking about younger generations being lazy and lacking ambition at the wedding of my nephew. Basically began with another nephew saying that he didn't think he'd ever be able to buy a house. In a nutshell the two old turds began preaching about the fact that by the time they'd retired they both owned more than one house and other assets to boot while people starting out today don't have the drive to do the same. Basically telling myself and four of my nephew's that it was laziness to not aspire to even own one house. Before I could help myself I blurted that it was bullshit and that they had it easier back then. I got told I am a disrespectful little shit in those exact words. Rather than bite back rudely again I looked for facts to support my point. I've looked into it before so while not being certain of figures I do know that housing was more affordable in the past.

Fact of the matter is that in the past, the disparity between housing costs plus cost of living and wages wasn't what it is these days.

Median wage in 1970 was close to $10k a year, average house price was $30k. Basically possible to pay off a house in 6 years if you can throw half your wage on repayments.

Median wage in Sydney is about $45k a year, average house price is $840k in Sydney. Basically would take 20 years under the same scenario, but over that time the interest paid has a much greater impact. So 20 years is not a realistic expectation.

Sydney is the most expensive example really. But it's a good indication of the disparity between median wage and house prices. Those figures don't even take into account that the price of rent and utilities etc are exponentially higher these days.

I googled a few of these stats and showed them the disparity. Basically bit my tongue and politely told them that the ladder has been pulled up for younger generations. It's harder for people to get off the ground now with regards to home ownership. Got told in a very disrespectful manner that I was a smart ass again and wanted the world handed to me on a platter. I told them that the platter they had would be nice. I was told to piss off. At this point I was pissed off and said they should be ashamed of themselves for leaving their grandkids a world where owning a home meant they were virtually slaves to the bank for the majority of their young lives. And that they should get their heads around the truth rather than insulting others and calling them lazy. At this time the grand uncles went and dobbed on me to my dad rather than persist in arguing a point where they knew they were wrong.

there is a reason why people are moving away from Sydney in droves... it's just getting stupid.... I'm on the Central Coast atm and even here it's starting to get expensive... even for renters... Newcastle, same shit.... it doesn't help that there is such a competition for even the shittest/low wage jobs these days either

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Sounds like your typical older generation who have decided that they broke ground for everyone and have no respect for the younger folk . I wouldn't bother wasting my breath convincing them as they're closed for discussion.

House prices in Sydney are phenomenonal I just don't understand why people particularly poor people like refugees and immigrants who don't work and have no intention of ever working actually live here. I work in campsie which is pricey suburb but is also known for its high density of centrelink recipients and Asian non English speaking migrants/refugees/ fakearse visa 457 overseas students from Bangladesh live here . How and more so why if you're not employed would you pay $500 a week to live in a flat in Sydney?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got my flaming pitchfork ready!
@Wolfmother any suggestions?
Perhaps Lynne and Uncle Ray are a good place to start?
haha yeah how did you know?? I'm not a fan of Lynne but only because I don't think women should be at the helm of a man's sport. Haven't we learnt our lesson from the disastrous Raelene castle stunt?