No Source Zac Lomax

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not disagreeing at all mate, I think Holland is past his used by date with us. Just that we keep going round and round hahaha.

Would honestly rather keep Smith on the wing and promote or bring in quality (such as LM :-) )

Okunbor will get there and hopefully sooner rather than later.
Yup, keep Reimis at RW, Hoppa at centre (not the fastest but he's strong to the line and has sublime pass) and bring in Scott or Lomax (or LM but pretty sure club won't fork out for him) for other centre. Who plays which side would depend on who we get, but be nice to keep Hoppa on right to keep that combo going.

Start Meaney on LW, keeping in mind to bring in a one of the CC backs over the year so they can start there in 2021 if Meaney doesn't improve (unless we pick up the Fox...but again doubt the club would fork out the cash).

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Based on last season, especially the last third of last season, it seems as though the team management philosophy is to have options. Certainly you want to have a player in mind for a role, like DWZ for fullback. But injuries happen, and having options doesn't simply mean you go to your Cup back up. In the case of FB we can go to Hoppa or Meaney and they will likely to a decent job. Compare that with, for example, Brisbane's halfback problem, or remember around mid-season there were rumours the Chooks were looking at taking Lichaa off our hands to solve their dummy half problem. They got lucky in that a couple of players filled the gap.

Centres is probably our biggest problem right now, especially if DWZ goes down and Hoppa fills in at FB. Our options for Centres are light, Montoya and Holland aren't cutting it, they've had chances. Smith and Harper might provide options there, they need to be properly tested, and hopefully Averillo gets a chance too.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really Hope Knights DONT get a jump on us here.
We’ve missed Mitchell, Manu, Xerri, Raimen, Staggs maybe Scott now.
We MUST have a good crack at Lomax IMO.
We have some good first grade backs, we have some good first grade forwards, and young halves. We have money, we need to be making statement plays now. I reckon Lomax is the pick of the crop. He’s a gun and Saints haven’t utilized him.
We can’t be left paying big bucks for an injury prone arrogant potato in BJ Leilua.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have some good first grade backs, we have some good first grade forwards, and young halves. We have money, we need to be making statement plays now. I reckon Lomax is the pick of the crop. He’s a gun and Saints haven’t utilized him.
We can’t be left paying big bucks for an injury prone arrogant potato in BJ Leilua.
I couldn't agree more. This would be a statement play but not at a huge cost or risk!

Lomax, Sione Katoa (sharks winger) and Tetevano. Yes, I know we only have 1 spot left for 2020.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're saying that you don't think we've had a "good crack" at the others but if we didn't then there is no reason to for Lomax. Which means if that's our mentality it's very possible we panic buy. Letting all the good options go and than realising what is actually left? We still seem to be in the buying scraps recruitment method (until someone is brought in/announced it's just what I have to assume). We're 1/5 through the transfer window already.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. This would be a statement play but not at a huge cost or risk!

Lomax, Sione Katoa (sharks winger) and Tetevano. Yes, I know we only have 1 spot left for 2020.
I don't think we have enough money for the three of them (as that'd be close to enough for Latrell). I think two out of three is possible. Lomax and Tetevano would be ideal.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly don't remember too much of that last game where he played centre to have a decent opinion. Be good to see him get some more ball though. He seems like he wants more involvement and will only be a bonus for us.
If that's the direction we are heading probably not the worst. But I did like the 2 tall wingers we looked like having for a few years to come.
Much rather him there than fuckin BJ. Hell id rather Elliot or Napa in the centres than him hahaha.
He would probably get more involvement on the wing than as a centre. Especially if lewis is the half. Either cut out pass to winger or last second pass to let other players take the hit.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read coach is giving lomax the 1 jersey at the dragons, the other dude now on the outer
Lomax is pretty average from what ive seen very over rated would much rather see how harper and averillo progress

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty could be our x factor geez that kid can motor he has scored some unbelievable tries.
What have we got to lose will add some spark to our attack and would come at a good price ..what have we got to lose
He is like barba
We can play dwz at left centre, solves that problem.he will run hard and fast that's for sure.

Who's the other dude?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dufty could be our x factor geez that kid can motor he has scored some unbelievable tries.
What have we got to lose will add some spark to our attack and would come at a good price ..what have we got to lose
He is like barba
We can play dwz at left centre, solves that problem.he will run hard and fast that's for sure.
If you don’t move Dwz for latrell you sure as shit don’t for dufty

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is like barba
Yeah Nah sorry mate.