WWOS MOLE Jake Granville being shopped around

Would you want Jake Granville to be a Bulldog 2020

• Total voters

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fact is - we need depth in the hooking position.

JMK is still VERY new to the position. Katoa - I think there are plenty of opinions on him that I need not say much.

If Cowboys are covering part of the cost, and it is a 1 year deal - would definitely do it. Won a GF, can provide some experience in an area where we are severely lacking.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some experience in the spine would be great, and Granville would provide an extra dimension to our attack.
He turns 30 this year so might be a good option for a couple of years.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's been on the decline over the last 2 years although he would provide some experience but I'm not sure what else we would get out out of it.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's been on the decline over the last 2 years although he would provide some experience but I'm not sure what else we would get out out of it.
From someone that I know, he was told by Green to not run the ball as much which is surprising as that was one of his strengths.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From someone that I know, he was told by Green to not run the ball as much which is surprising as that was one of his strengths.
That's probably why they've had 2 shit years then, he would get them on the front foot with his runs

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Grand Final winning Hooker with a few years left in the tank - yes please.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pass..!!! JMK will do his best an kill it for us in 2020.
And if he gets injured?

Are you happy with Katoa and Elliot covering the hooking position?

Serious question.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pass... The last two years he's been completely ineffective and a shadow of the player he was when he Cowboys won the comp. Which in fairness to him and Coote, they were the players that rounded out the team and were huge contributors to that premiership winning team.

I'm still frustrated we couldn't sign Robson as I think he'd be perfect and we'd be set at hooker for a while but JMK improved a lot last season and you never know who else might become available in the coming months...

If Granville was somehow available for a pittance then you wouldn't complain on a one year deal but he could get more than that elsewhere or in the ESL.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me with Green he gives off those Des vibes as in he hasn't evolved his game plan since 2015.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would personally before Billy Britain (it appears he is still unsigned) - but you honestly have stones in your head if you are happy with our hooking options.

JMK (young and could be our long term, just needs to pick up a few more elements to his game)
Katoa (throws rainbows off the ground. Provides some spark)

Back ups

Adam Elliot
Josh Jackson

If you're honestly happy with these options, you have stones in your head. A premiership winning hooker, who will provide experience to JMK is what we need. Remember - he was learning of Lichaa for the last 2 years.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hell nah ...dude is puss imo

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grand Final winning Hooker with a few years left in the tank - yes please.
George Rose was a grand final winning front rower, you’d sign him too...

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No!

Anymore hookers and we'll be walking through doors with red lights at ANZ.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Service from dummy half is just above Lichaa.. No thanks.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He has definitely been struggling the last two years or so.

He did carve us up and showed JMK a lesson or two when we last played the Cowboys tho. He has very good deception at the ruck.

I'm not sure how we're looking Hooker wise in reserves but if we need a Hooker there possibly Katoa can plays reserves/backup and we bring Granville in.

I think he's better than both JMK and Katoa (even in his current form). There's probably no more improvement in him tho (so possibly better to just put faith in JMK to improve - I still think we need to address the Hooker role in 2022 as there are no options off contract for 2021 now.)

Two years to finish his current contract wouldn't be so bad.

I don't think it'll happen tho. We'll be going into 2020 and probably also 2021 with JMK and Katoa is my feel.

Last edited: