Is Aiden Tolman a club legend?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not saying tolamn a club legend, but ...
So Hindmarsh at eels
Or Gavin Miller, ET, Steve Rogers at sharks
Or Stacey Jones at warriors
Benny Elias, Paul sironen, Wayne Pearce at tigers
Wally Lewis....

None of these must be club legends according to you
Bahahhahah pull ya head in
You don’t have to win a premeiership to be a club legend
That's those loser clubs.. not the successful Canterbury bankstown bulldogs club.

Legend status should only be reserved for champions at our club.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
most of the players in that list have won a premiership at canterbury, so no he isn't considered a club legend.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
He's only the 12th player in club history to play 200 games for us. He joins these players:

Hazem El-Masri
Steve Mortimer
Terry Lamb
Steve Folkes
Chris Anderson
Luke Patten
Steve Price
Andrew Ryan
Josh Morris
Corey Hughes
Eddie Burns
Computer says "YES"

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's those loser clubs.. not the successful Canterbury bankstown bulldogs club.

Legend status should only be reserved for champions at our club.
If josh Jackson plays 300 games for the club , currently on 174
But doesn’t win a premiership would you not regard him him as a club legend?

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Tolman is obviously doing something right, as he seems to be loved by every coach that has him. As far as a great club man yes. Club legend, I think not

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He’s in the Darren Britt, Jason Hetherington category.
Lol, Hethrington played for Australia and was at one stage the best player in the world in his position. He's way better than Tolman.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If josh Jackson plays 300 games for the club , currently on 174
But doesn’t win a premiership would you not regard him him as a club legend?
Club great, not a legend

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What’s the fecking difference
I consider legend a much higher compliment then great.. legend is on the level of immortal

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a negative ghost ride. The pattern is full

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely Tolman is a club legend! Should have been appointed captain after Ennis. No disrespect to James Graham and Jackson. Great example!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Entering his ninth season, hasn't missed many games and is almost ingrained in the club furniture.

So sure, why not

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Entering his ninth season, hasn't missed many games and is almost ingrained in the club furniture.

So sure, why not
Oh FFS. Have a word the lot of you.

How our standards have dropped to be bigging up Tolman as a club legend. He's done alright but Jesus. A club legend that's won what?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He's one of the most divisive players as far as the Kennel is concerned!
Obviously no superstar, but I've never questioned his commitment - often playing 80min over the years.
He's been reliable, particularly in defence and with the upheaval over the last couple of years good to have around for the younger fellas coming through.
Nearing the end and although I definitely appreciate his service and commitment, it's hard to describe him as a legend - more a good solid club man.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's not a game breaker. I think that he was more highly rated in his running game when he's had a classy hooker feeding him quality ball. In his early days with the club people regularly wanted to see him break into the origin arena. Our whole forward pack has gone backwards in terms of powerful running during the time we've had Lichaa in our squad. Without wanting to keep bashing on Lichaa, he just never got the ball away with the kind of expert timing required to allow the forwards to hit pace. All of our forwards had to adjust to his passing game which meant that guys like Tolman and Graham (who lacked good acceleration) suffered a lot. It was sad seeing our players get hit hard by defensive lines that had more momentum than the ball carrier. But Tolman is one of the few players in our team that will constantly dig deep in defence in situations where others will give up. He'll make hitups and tackles for 80 minutes in a highly effective way. Opinion is divided about him based on how people apply value to props. I really hope that our hooking department gets things right before he retires as I think he's still got it in him to get back to offering stronger runs.

Overall I'd say he's been a great asset to our team. I have a huge amount of respect for him as a player and so does every coach that's had him in their roster. To me the opinion of coaches is a better measure of the quality of a player than many fans or critics.

It's a pity that so many people under rate the value of players that put in as much effort as Tolman does. People want a team full of big boppers. But they can tend to run out of puff if there's any injuries in game to the pack. In situations where our bench loses a player it's very good to know that a player like Tolman can keep putting in the effort for as long as required. I hope for the sake of the whole team that JMK nails his passing game and allows our pack to shine again.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how different his career would’ve been if he stayed at the Storm...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wonder how different his career would’ve been if he stayed at the Storm...
Err yeah when you put it like that.

A few lost premiership rings and a rep career at least as good as Aust rep Ryan Hoffman?

Respect to Tols...but no more 4th tackle settlers pls.