Opinion Retention Talk: 2018-2020 Losses

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't agree either that letting the Morris bros go was a good decision. Even if we kept Josh for 2 years I still think he'd be a better option next year than Holland or whoever we'll have playing next to Hopa in the centres. Was sorry to see Martin leave also and kinda of the same with Cleeland - was sad he never got a shot at NRL when he was with us and our ISP team definitely missed him a lot this year. Why didn't you mention letting Tommy Talau go to the Tigers. That decision might come back to bite us. Good chance he's starting in the centres for them next year. Klemmer was overrated for me and bad attitude

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Aside from moving on Woods, Mbye and Klemmer all they did was release dead weight or wait for bloated contracts to expire.

No one is complaining about losing Mbye, Woods and Klemmer. Almost everyone has acknowledged that the current regime have done a good job of clearing the past cap issues they inherited...

So I'll ask you the same question you ask everyone else Horse, what is the point of this thread?

Are we meant to praise the club and everyone involved two years later for releasing Matt Frawley and a perpetually injured Chase Stanley and the like?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't agree either that letting the Morris bros go was a good decision. Even if we kept Josh for 2 years I still think he'd be a better option next year than Holland or whoever we'll have playing next to Hopa in the centres. Was sorry to see Martin leave also and kinda of the same with Cleeland - was sad he never got a shot at NRL when he was with us and our ISP team definitely missed him a lot this year. Why didn't you mention letting Tommy Talau go to the Tigers. That decision might come back to bite us. Good chance he's starting in the centres for them next year. Klemmer was overrated for me and bad attitude
I agree regarding Talau. Losing one of our best juniors and the son of a club cult hero was surprising and hopefully it won't come back to haunt us.

Woods and Mbye are rubbish and imposters so no one cares. Klemmer turned into a bitch and wasn't worth the money or fuss. I still wish they didn't sign Napa though, especially for that money and three years..

The Morris' were injury prone with us and didn't want to be here at all their last season so I have no problem with them being moved on. They didn't want to stay anyway and weren't worth giving two year deals to, which is what they were after.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree regarding Talau. Losing one of our best juniors and the son of a club cult hero was surprising and hopefully it won't come back to haunt us.

Woods and Mbye are rubbish and imposters so no one cares. Klemmer turned into a bitch and wasn't worth the money or fuss. I still wish they didn't sign Napa though, especially for that money and three years..

The Morris' were injury prone with us and didn't want to be here at all their last season so I have no problem with them being moved on. They didn't want to stay anyway and weren't worth giving two year deals to, which is what they were after.
Agree with most of that except the Morris view. Klemmer has a lot to answer for, and I am glad he is gone.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So I'll ask you the same question you ask everyone else Horse, what is the point of this thread?
I thought with the election approaching it’d be good to scrutinise the decisions made under the current regime.

Pretty certain it hasn’t been done before, if it has then I apologise.

Also provides a bit of info into what became of some of our ex-players, which some members may find interesting or new.

Is that okay?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really..?

Even with his injurys Brett played almost 70 FG games for us and contrary to you comment neither brother wanted to ever leave.
Many on here regulary found excuse for Foran with just 26 games in 3 years and yet he was never a dog..

Brett Morris was a dog.
I don’t think I have ever heard the twins quoted saying they didn’t want to leave and Brett’s comments after leaving show he wasn’t very keen to stay. Foran and Brett Morris are ‘Dogs but they are hardly going to be remembered for anything they accomplished at the club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I thought with the election approaching it’d be good to scrutinise the decisions made under the current regime.

Also provides a bit of info into what became of some of our ex-players, which some members may find interesting or new.

Is that okay?
I'm glad you apologised cos I really do think we already knew what players have left and are no longer at the club. Close thread.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Is that okay?
Fair enough... My point is, most of the names on that list aren't even in the NRL anymore as you pointed out.

So they don't really warrant discussion as no one, not even idiots like Des, Castle and Dib would have given Frawley, Stanley, Fine, Olive etc new contracts.

Why haven't you listed all of the signings made since the new regime took over to further gauge what impact they've made so we can get a full picture?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough... My point is, most of the names on that list aren't even in the NRL anymore as you pointed out.

So they don't really warrant discussion as no one, not even idiots like Des, Castle and Dib would have given Frawley, Stanley, Fine, Olive etc new contracts.

Why haven't you listed all of the signings made since the new regime took over to further gauge what impact they've made so we can get a full picture?
You’re being very petty Ben

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You’re being very petty Ben
Haha. Not really. I'm just saying if we consider who they let go and moved on, we also have to consider who they sign. They go hand in hand. I sincerely meant no offense Horse.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha. Not really. I'm just saying if we consider who they let go and moved on, we also have to consider who they sign. They go hand in hand.
I made that exact thread recently

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im concerned we lost Dorothy the dinosaur...he must be good bcoz Manly have thrown him a lifeline. I also miss Shaun Lane...if only someone bothered to teach him how to tackle. Then theres Moses Mbye...good enough to be Tigers captain...hes good for 1 good game a season. Not to mention Josh Reynolds....who with Mbye created a lethal halves pairing that had no idea how to set anything up. The Morris boys both had a bad attitude off the field...ask anyone in admin. Klemmers attitude speaks for itself. I miss none of them!!!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No comment. Not one that matters this time for this thread.!! Enjoy reading the comments. Thanks horse.