A message from Lynne

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would love to punch your fricken head in you racist cu#%

No need for your shit mate talk bulldogs and that’s it. Why you need to insult anyone about race?
Come at me ****, I'll bite your face off ****

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think Ill give this place a miss for the rest of the off season, the constant bickering and dumping of shit on the club is relentless.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we end up with someone like Klopp none of us will complain. Now he is someone who "brings the madness"!

To be fair, Rodgers is a good manager. He's proven that at Celtic and Leicester. And he did well at Liverpool when they finished 2nd. But he probably was given the Liverpool job too early in his career and wasn't the right appointment at the time.
Agree re Rodgers. Too soon for LFC but a really great manager.

Remember last year Liverpool had a fella Fekir lined up to play for us. Even had his video, marketing stuff done. But at the last minute a knee issue came up and we dropped him cold. Yes, the knee issue was real but what made Klopp and LFC say no was that him & his agent kept asking for more money. Then Fekir brought an entourage of people to the training ground. Then he went missing. It showed to Klopp he wasn't 100% invested into the culture of Liverpool so that's why he said no. I honestly think the Mitchell situation is very similar.

Have said it all along re our success that having Pay in the position is hampering us a little. Hopefully he continues on the fine form of those last 10 games and I think we'll be in a much much better position come the end of next season. However, attracting new talent with him there is probably making it that little bit harder. It is what it is though.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney was a 2019 signing - one of the two worst years of cap pain. He was cheap and went OK in his first year.
All of the others above are for 2020 - our last year of cap pain. Our big play is 2021 as has been well stated a number of times.

What exactly is the club supposed to do when the likes of Ramien wanted to go back to the Sharks, or Api wanted to follow Barrett to the Panthers, or Grant no doubt wanted to stay at the Storm as he'll get his shot when Smith is gone in 2021?
I think the blame on the club is somewhat unjustified where there's factors they simply can't control.
I’ve never criticised the board for not making a MAJOR signing till now, I get the cap issue, but so far they’ve failed in delivering to sign the best readymade youngsters in the game, all we came up with was meaney who amongst the best youngsters that debuted this was merely a piss in the wind

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
When this mob came into power, did they make it very CLEAR that we will struggle with our roster till 2021?

Did they make it CLEAR that we will struggle to make the 8 till 2021?

Do you see any broken promises so far?

People say the Dogs have the most passionate fans in the game and i totally disagree. We have the highest number of uneducated dickheads as supporters in the league - hands down
Did they say they would release all our big names and pay them to play elsewhere?

This has been done... anyone could of managed to get other clubs to take our best players at our expense. That was to fast forward this shit. So now we say what? We did that for a few years; contracts expired anyway and now we can just retain Chris smith and sign katoa!?

Like the other bloke above this comment said they talk like we have the best kids. Meaney wasn’t a Fucking blimp on the top kids.

People are now trying to push this out to 2022... 2021 major talent is already gone and we haven’t fired a single shot. Follow blindly if you want. See how that works out.

I love the club and want to see us building, though we aren’t a desirable place in any aspect and I’m concerned that like others have said we haven’t got any savvy operators.

I guess time will show next season how things are going and then more people will either come round or lose their shit. Problem is by then we only have one hope and it’s finding players unhappy at their clubs and breaking contracts.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’ve never criticised the board for not making a MAJOR signing till now, I get the cap issue, but so far they’ve failed in delivering to sign the best readymade youngsters in the game, all we came up with was meaney who amongst the best youngsters that debuted this was merely a piss in the wind
Spot on.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Meaney was signed, we hadn’t had an actual fullback since Barba. And while he didn’t score a bunch of tries, he was very safe under the high ball, defence was good, and he had speed.

Then Dallin fell in our lap, but the club apparently had more confidence in Meaneys skills than every other winger in the 30 (bar Reimis) that they put him on the wing and were prepared to allow him the time to get up to speed with being a FG winger.

Yes it was like having a kite on the wing in the beginning, but he improved as the season went on.

He’s no Sivo, sure. But he’s the 2nd best winger we have atm, and showed more promise than our other wingers imo.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No worries we can agree to disagree.
I never said he was a superstar but I think he went OK in his first year and I’m keen to see how his game develops in 2020 now he has 25 top grade games under his belt.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fair point mate and I'd have to agree on this, especially when it's come to the hooker position. Think it's pretty clear that we got our 3rd or even 4th choice of what we wanted and that definitely isn't a good sign as I believe that it's an extremely important position for us.

It can be said that our 'low key' signings for last year did reasonably well when you consider if we had the form of those last 10 games throughout the whole year we would've made the top 8. Is it about having a team full of superstars or a team full of players right for the club / team? Thought Meaney by all accounts ended the year very well. DWZ changed the year for us. Cogger was handy. CHN, good. Napa OK but expected more. Looking at their record I think they've done well with the low key signings but the one 'major' signing in Napa I think the jury is still out on and leaves doubts as whether we can get that big name right?

However, it's hard to judge our rectruitment for next year / 2021 when it's still so early. Hopefully we continue to buy well, but it's true I think we do need a big signing or two to give this club a huge boost. Time will tell if we can do that.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did they say they would release all our big names and pay them to play elsewhere?

This has been done... anyone could of managed to get other clubs to take our best players at our expense. That was to fast forward this shit. So now we say what? We did that for a few years; contracts expired anyway and now we can just retain Chris smith and sign katoa!?

Like the other bloke above this comment said they talk like we have the best kids. Meaney wasn’t a Fucking blimp on the top kids.

People are now trying to push this out to 2022... 2021 major talent is already gone and we haven’t fired a single shot. Follow blindly if you want. See how that works out.

I love the club and want to see us building, though we aren’t a desirable place in any aspect and I’m concerned that like others have said we haven’t got any savvy operators.

I guess time will show next season how things are going and then more people will either come round or lose their shit. Problem is by then we only have one hope and it’s finding players unhappy at their clubs and breaking contracts.
Major talent for 2021 has already gone. Being ... ? Holmes we were never in for. Was never going to happen. Turbo boys from Manly. Were never going to leave. Ramien. Still not official but wouldn't call him a major talent. Drinkwater. Not in the market for a fullback. Scott. Hasn't signed for the Raiders yet. I could go on and on. I honestly don't think "major talent is already gone" and there's still plenty for us to potentially get.

My main issue so far has been about the hooker position and us settling for 4th best choice. But ...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Major talent for 2021 has already gone. Being ... ? Holmes we were never in for. Was never going to happen. Turbo boys from Manly. Were never going to leave. Ramien. Still not official but wouldn't call him a major talent. Drinkwater. Not in the market for a fullback. Scott. Hasn't signed for the Raiders yet. I could go on and on. I honestly don't think "major talent is already gone" and there's still plenty for us to potentially get.

My main issue so far has been about the hooker position and us settling for 4th best choice. But ...
You can add those names to latrell and a bunch of others like Hargreaves grant the 4 the storm kept etc. you can say it’s not official yet so we will wait till they are. Semi too?

As I said time will tell. Though the writing is on the wall.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The difference is Jurgen Klopp was a proven world class manager that had huge success with Dortmund both in the UCL and Bundesliga with limited resources whereas Pay was a career assistant with no head coaching experience. I think if Liverpool signed another manager at the time they wouldn't be having so much success..
Ding ding ding...winner !!!
It's a great example...
Rogers was and is a great manager but could't attract marquee players.
Klopp is successful, passionate and a magnet to marquee players
We are in the same predicament
Again...I don't hold Pay responsible...He is doing his best !
But...Is his best good enough to bring us out of this predicament ???
God I hope so !!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Along the same lines are the players we've allegedly 'missed' - which I would pretty much all file in either:

a) They were never leaving their existing clubs (Turbos, Manu, JWH)
b) They were leaving an existing club, had their hearts/minds set on somewhere else and maybe spoke with the Dogs as a fallback if that didn't work out (Api, Ramien)
c) The Dogs didn't want them (players/managers who've allegedly approached us and we turned them down - and ultimately Mitchell)

I'm yet to see one player we genuinely wanted, who genuinely wanted to come, where we failed to secure their services.

@Slovenia - as for hooker - you could probably count Api as a hooker we were speaking to but see b) above for that. Who knows if we were talking to Grant for 2021, but he's re-signed for the Storm anyway.
So I'm not sure we've 'settled' for anyone - it's the way things have turned out so far. As it is, JMK appears to be developing OK and 2020 will tell us a lot more whether he can hold that spot longer term or not.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've read the letter again and from a dispassionate point of view this is my take.

She is showing loyalty to Foran and while that my aggravate some, it demonstrates the club IS loyal and that is attractive to current and potential recruiting targets.
She's making the point and taking credit for her board stabilising the club, which is fair enough as that's what they did.
And yes they are gun shy when it comes to signing a marquee player, but they have to be as the last thing they want to do is fark it up and sign the wrong marquee player and have to start the process all over again.
The letter also touches on the club staff and the talk of family which I think is smart as there would definitely be some staff still left over from the Des years and the last thing Lynne wants to be seen doing is laying blame and creating an us V them within the club.
Happy to be shot down.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I've read the letter again and from a dispassionate point of view this is my take.

She is showing loyalty to Foran and while that my aggravate some, it demonstrates the club IS loyal and that is attractive to current and potential recruiting targets.
She's making the point and taking credit for her board stabilising the club, which is fair enough as that's what they did.
And yes they are gun shy when it comes to signing a marquee player, but they have to be as the last thing they want to do is fark it up and sign the wrong marquee player and have to start the process all over again.
The letter also touches on the club staff and the talk of family which I think is smart as there would definitely be some staff still left over from the Des years and the last thing Lynne wants to be seen doing is laying blame and creating an us V them within the club.
Happy to be shot down.
I appreciate the honest feedback, especially from someone outside the club. Thanks mate

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Happy to be shot down.
You just painted a target on yourself @KambahOne :-)
I think if someone with no emotional attachment to the club such as yourself concludes as you've done, that's a pretty decent sign.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Less letters and More sourcing new recruits and a major sponsor would help.
Give them til 8 rounds into next year and decide how good/bad they’re doing.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lucky for her elections are in March. So she might scrape through.
Scrape through?
She’ll win in a landslide.
Most fans understand the situation and see progress.
This forum, is in no way, representative of the wider bulldogs community.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Scrape through?
She’ll win in a landslide.
Most fans understand the situation and see progress.
This forum, is in no way, representative of the wider bulldogs community.
Great post. I also think they’ll do it easily to be honest. Voting members are much different than people on a forum. There’s no loud minority and members understand and comprehend the situation we are in