News Back to Belmore Patron Luke Brailey has ruled out making a second tilt at the board

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PRESS RELEASE
Monday, 25 November 2019

Back to Belmore Patron Luke Brailey has unequivocally ruled out making a second tilt at the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs board of directors in February 2020 after several months of speculation.

“I don’t have any intentions or plans to run for the board at the next Bulldogs AGM. It’s simply not on the cards,” Mr Brailey said.

“Since the election of the Reform team in 2018, substantial progress has been made in relation to the important nexus between the Bulldogs and Back to Belmore. The dialogue between the two entities has intensified and flourished to build greater mutual confidence to resolve outstanding issues from the previous board to deal with the serious challenges facing Belmore Sports Ground’s future as a top-class sporting facility.”

Several high-profile candidates are now believed to be gearing up to contest seats on the Bulldogs’ seven-member board of directors.

A spokesperson for the Back to Belmore committee suggested that the organisation’s decision-making body would seriously consider writing to Bulldogs voting members next month to endorse candidates for the board of directors who genuinely seek to enhance the relationship with Back to Belmore and promote the advancement of Belmore Sports Ground in a collaborative and cohesive manner.

“A letter to Bulldogs voting members endorsing candidates for the board is definitely an option. It has proven very persuasive in previous years and the Back to Belmore brand still wields a large amount of influence over the voting base. It is something that we take very seriously, and we will wait and see who throws their hat in the ring. However, it behoves potential candidates for the Bulldogs board of directors to articulate a compelling sales pitch to the Back to Belmore executive committee and convince the peak body for advocating the preservation and restoration of Belmore Sports Ground that they would be able to manage the important relationship between our organisation and the historic venue’s primary occupant – a very high bar in itself – but they will get a fair hearing regardless,” the spokesperson said.

“Bulldogs Chair Lynne Anderson and the board she leads have started to produce the necessary remedies to get the relationship between the football club and Back to Belmore in a position far better than it has ever been since our inception in 2005. The NSW Government has committed $2 billion to upgrading sporting venues in Sydney and the executive committee rightly expects to see a new business case for Belmore Sports Ground in the next 24 months but we finally have a Bulldogs board that works in unison with Back to Belmore and treats the organisation as a partner rather than an obstacle.”

Nominations for positions on the Bulldogs board close at 5pm on Saturday, 30 November.

Couldn't fit full title in so had to adjust the title

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Arent we aleady playing games at Belmore?..

If "Back to Belmore" wants more games at Belmore , it doesnt seem like it would be feasible in this day and age..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Arent we aleady playing games at Belmore?..

If "Back to Belmore" wants more games at Belmore , it doesnt seem like it would be feasible in this day and age..
It's not just about playing games at Belmore, it's about ensuring that the stadium doesn't deteriorate like it once did, and also has some sort of influence in getting the club to lobby for additional government funding for further upgrades.

Playing games at Belmore was the starting step for their overall target.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Did we win any there (Belmore) this year? It’s turned in to a bit of a graveyard for us since going back

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d rather never play at Belmore again

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not just about playing games at Belmore, it's about ensuring that the stadium doesn't deteriorate like it once did, and also has some sort of influence in getting the club to lobby for additional government funding for further upgrades.

Playing games at Belmore was the starting step for their overall target.
The last i heard they were asking the club to play at least 4 games a year there.. Il let the club decide whats best to do with that.. as the cash from ANZ is also important..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Several high-profile candidates are now believed to be gearing up to contest seats on the Bulldogs’ seven-member board of directors.
Anyone have any ideas who these candidates are?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas who these candidates are?
We will know in a couple of weeks but if anyone was serious about making a challenge you’d hope they could have been already campaigning and there hasn’t been anything.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We will know in a couple of weeks but if anyone was serious about making a challenge you’d hope they could have been already campaigning and there hasn’t been anything.
The way it’s worded suggests maybe individuals will run for seats rather than a ticket like last time. Will be interesting for sure...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The way it’s worded suggests maybe individuals will run for seats rather than a ticket like last time. Will be interesting for sure...
Unless someone swoops from the clouds I think it will be rather uneventful

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Back to belmore..!! Wankfest stadium still sounds better haha !!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ye because homebush is nice and cosy venue
Homebush sucks but at least I can park in the same suburb & they don’t have kindergarten size seats. Hopefully the renos make it better. I do like Bankwest though

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I did see the letter recently regarding nominations. I think the current board are safe this time around, by the next election we'll see whether they have achieved anything.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did see the letter recently regarding nominations. I think the current board are safe this time around, by the next election we'll see whether they have achieved anything.
Agreed, I think that’s the smart play. This board has zero excuses in 2022 so hopefully they deliver.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last i heard they were asking the club to play at least 4 games a year there.. Il let the club decide whats best to do with that.. as the cash from ANZ is also important..
Prior to the last couple years,opposing team hated coming to belmore,we had a great track record there,unfortunately we had quite a few crowd issues,at the time,which was one of the main reasons,for the move away from belmore,get rid of the hill area,and replace it with seating,controlling crowds would be a lot easier,the leagues club would benefit greatly,game days at the club were always packed

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Prior to the last couple years,opposing team hated coming to belmore,we had a great track record there,unfortunately we had quite a few crowd issues,at the time,which was one of the main reasons,for the move away from belmore,get rid of the hill area,and replace it with seating,controlling crowds would be a lot easier,the leagues club would benefit greatly,game days at the club were always packed
Another huge reason they don’t play at Belmore is that it just can’t cater for the corporate support. There isn’t enough boxes and clients don’t want to invite people to a tiny outdoor box up the back of ancient grandstand.

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ye because homebush is nice and cosy venue
Obviously not.

But at homebush we get paid to play andf make money, at Belmore we cop the cost and we lose money.

Homebush is not the best for spectators but Belmore costs us a significant amount.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, I think that’s the smart play. This board has zero excuses in 2022 so hopefully they deliver.
Well that was the plan. Fix the cap and turn us into contenders by 2022.

If that happens then mission completed.

If it doesn't, then Lynn and her friends can p!ss off.

At the moment the job is only half completed and on a knife edge.

Big 12 months coming our way.

Last edited:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another huge reason they don’t play at Belmore is that it just can’t cater for the corporate support. There isn’t enough boxes and clients don’t want to invite people to a tiny outdoor box up the back of ancient grandstand.
True,but can u imagine seated terrace seating on the hill,and all the boxes you would be able to accomodate on that hill