A message from Lynne

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, some people on here are fickle fans. Don't try to read too much into it and just be patient! She's not shying away from anything and told it as it is. She knows the pressure is on when 2021 comes around, and if she doesn't deliver, she understands she's more than likely gone!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol they released some players and waited until some others contracts run out...hardly anything out of the ordinary for people in that position to do.
Like I said if results and improvement are not forthcoming then
Football club members can have their say,simply as that.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stinks of feeling the pressure to be honest. Offers nothing new at all. Just more excuses and past blames while brushing over the fact the shredded all the big paid players bar Foran to get where we are. Finishing in the bottom 4-5 while offering little hope to improve for yet another season.
Yeh exactly. Elections coming up. The realisation that they won’t secure any notable players before then. So just propaganda to get re-elected.

What she failed to mention was the ticket that won’t the last election is almost unrecognisable or what’s left. If she can’t even get a board in place how can they build a team and sponsors and strive towards a title.

I’m very iffy about her, hills and pays ability. Not too sure how much better then castle dib and Hasler they are. But I’ll wait until 2021 before I pass judgment. Lucky for her elections are in March. So she might scrape through.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Tomorrow..... it’ll all change Tomorrow.... just be Patient

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Like I said if results and improvement are not forthcoming then
Football club members can have their say,simply as that.
True. But ATM we have some people crowning them as saviours when they've done nothing special yet while others are carrying on as if they're the most useless ***** in existence when really they've done nothing of note wrong yet. Imo they have just taken the lowest risk route possible and have been spinning shit to buy time until the books clear and we can recruit.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I appreciate Lynne and the club trying to keep the dialogue open with the fanbase but that whole letter didn't tell us anything we didn't already know nor inspire any confidence...

Lynne and the club referencing the mess they inherited every time they talk is also getting tiresome. It's not an excuse, we all acknowledge they inherited a horrible mess. However we're in year three of their leadership now... At some point they have to accept responsibility for their signings and decisions..

If the team regresses next season and they don't recruit well for 2021 then they won't have anyone to blame but themselves... Hopefully they recruit well and retain our best prospects and players so that we don't have to hear about Des and Dib again and we can start looking forward instead of backwards..
A long winded BBQ invitation? :grinning:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lynne has actually already mentioned how we will become a power house again and win the comp. In June 2019 she said "in the 90's they targeted a front-rower and a goalkicker. He got Marty Bella and Daryl Halligan and we went from there. We have a similar plan. It worked then and it can work again. We can do it.’' I am just wondering Lynne why haven't we signed a front-rower and goal kicker yet? We will win the comp then won't we?
We missed out on the goal kicker :smilingimp:.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Open, honest and responsible.

They’ve done a tremendous job in rectifying the salary cap woes. That was a huge job, cannot be understated.

We’ve assembled a promising young squad who all look ready to mature into quality first graders. I’m confident we can add a couple of high quality established players in the positions required over the next 12 months and be a real force come 2021.

We have very good people making very good decisions within the club at present. Long may it continue.

Future looks bright, thanks Lynne.
And... consistent. The message has never wavered. Now that much of the hill has been climbed, they’re aware of the challenges and the expectations of the members and supporters going forward. The next 12 months of their leadership will make or break their tenure, perhaps their legacy. I see them as being on a good path.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lol they released some players and waited until some others contracts run out...hardly anything out of the ordinary for people in that position to do.
I think there’s a bit more to it than that - lots of governance changes and processes introduced to ensure a Dib and Co. like fiasco can never happen again. Preventing another disaster is just as important as mopping up this one.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that same management drummed it in to us that 2021 was the year we’d be back with a top line team.... those players are on the market now.... we get chris Smith
I’m not 100% convinced either at this point in time but a lot can change between now and season 2021
Our current team should improve,don’t rule out other signings also.
The development guys could kick on

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
She lost me at Foran, why support him ?
His only thinking about himself.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dear lynn or pretend to be...
We all know not much can be done in regards to our roster for 2020.
My question to you...When are we meant to start signing marquee players for 2021 season...Is it before 2020 election or after ?

Kind regards
The Great Bullfrog !!!

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh exactly. Elections coming up. The realisation that they won’t secure any notable players before then. So just propaganda to get re-elected.

What she failed to mention was the ticket that won’t the last election is almost unrecognisable or what’s left. If she can’t even get a board in place how can they build a team and sponsors and strive towards a title.

I’m very iffy about her, hills and pays ability. Not too sure how much better then castle dib and Hasler they are. But I’ll wait until 2021 before I pass judgment. Lucky for her elections are in March. So she might scrape through.
Not sure why you say ‘can’t get a board in place’?

3 directors have resigned since the 2018 election.

1 left the club (C. Anderson, for reasons undisclosed that many speculated on but had no evidence).

1 left to take an executive position at the club because under the by-laws he couldn’t hold an executive and director position (S. Price).

1 resigned to declare his intent to dedicate energy to an external business, but does not leave until the next election and intends to stay on the Leagues Club board, which suggests he’s not leaving for reasons of disharmony. (S. Mortimer).

The 2 directors that have already left the board were quickly replaced (by P. Mortimer and J. Thomas).

There may or may not be a challenger ticket at the next election, but I don’t see this as propaganda - if it was truly politics there’d be some sweeteners thrown in, which there weren’t. Oh, except a BBQ and I’d hardly call that a political promise that would never be delivered.

Last edited:

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note, she is one ugly mother fucker. I’ve seen some pigs in my time but she makes Castle look like Bo Derek.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ahhh if it's not the second in charge of the shit talkers him self.
Good to see the collective IQ of the bleaters remains well below a score of 69 or ‘extremely low’ by the official measure.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the board / coach etc are all feeling the pressure from the fans that’s why she put out a statement. But I think the fact she mentioned salary cap position for 2021 makes me think there is some negotiations going on. You can’t wait until 2021 season to start buying players you need to do that now... I’m sure they know this.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True. But ATM we have some people crowning them as saviours when they've done nothing special yet while others are carrying on as if they're the most useless ***** in existence when really they've done nothing of note wrong yet. Imo they have just taken the lowest risk route possible and have been spinning shit to buy time until the books clear and we can recruit.
I’m far from convinced also,sometimes we just have to show some faith and give them a fair shot at getting our great club back to the top again
We are the most passionate and committed supporters in the league
Nothing better than reaching great heights again

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They've got a certain ideology in mind which hopefully will open a premiership window just like the previous board thought they did. Let's just hope it's not more wasted time + no premiership in 5 years.

As I said in another thread I've got no doubt they're doing the best they can but many on the board just aren't innovators or made for this era.

It also worries me that they mention Foran so prominently in the letter. Most fans can't stand the cap space he is taking up and the fact he's contributed so little to the club and would hardly care about him getting emotional support.