Semi-Interested?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah we last won the comp 15 years ago but I'm too impatient hey ?. People trusted the last board til it was too late and we're still paying the price for that. The club made big noise about signing marquee type players for 2021. Every day I read about other clubs actively pursuing this player and that, taking them on tours of the club etc but there's nothing about our club speaking to anyone.

I still can't understand why George Coorey a director of our "LEAGUES" club, not our football club had to be the one to approach Mitchell at his own private home, then the reports about members of the board getting pissed off at Coorey, then reports about disagreement among our board, then the club decides not to make any official offer. Just all seems very unprofessional if true. I wasn't the one who made any of this shit up and I don't believe it's all bullshit either like some people on here like to believe. So you truly believe none of this is true and I have no reason to be concerned ? Why ? because our board and CEO who are all mostly apprentices in their roles are just so fantastic with a proven track record ?. If you put your trust in someone when you don't know what the f..k they're doing or if they are even doing "anything" what does that say about you ?. Maybe you were drop kicked as a baby or very recently I don't know.

If our recruitment team aren't interested in Mitchell are they actually pursuing Curtis Scott (talking to the Raiders) or Zac Lomax (toured Newcastle) ? Why are we the only club keeping everything secret like an episode of Mission f..king Impossible or is the real reason we don't hear anything is because our club can't make a decision and are not actually approaching these players ?

Until I see hard evidence of change I'm going to remain impatient. I've been following the Dogs for 45 years. I was used to them always being one of the best teams. I think some on here like you don't quite have the same expectations unfortunately. If the board suddenly sign players like Radradra or Fifita before the next election I'll be happy to eat my words and for them to be voted back in but the way things are shaping I can't see that happening. I hope I'm wrong. I'm not then lone ranger in lacking confidence in our board. There was a recent poll on The Kennel asking if the board will sign a big name player in the next 12 months. The majority voted no.
Yawn. Yawn. Yawn.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yawn. Yawn. Yawn.
Yawn is generous mate - downright stupidity is closer to the mark. I've placed him on ignore - the forum will be cleaner and more enjoyable.
I'm always up for sensible debate, but when he suggests people who don't agree with him were 'dropped as a baby' he proves he's got the intellect of a gnat.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It won't be aimed at them. Happy to do it - I think you said you'll be away so if you're interested, tune in!
Thanks very much mate. That’s right, I’ll be away unfortunately but will be very interested in what the club have to say

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks very much mate. That’s right, I’ll be away unfortunately but will be very interested in what the club have to say
I'll PM you if OK - I'd prefer to starve the bleaters.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds good. Thanks mate.
Some of them would find a negative about winning powerball
Will do. Yeah, I said that in another thread - the Powerball dropping in their lap might crease their jeans and that would be a problem. Something has to be.
Anyway, topping up the glass and moving on...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Will do. Yeah, I said that in another thread - the Powerball dropping in their lap might crease their jeans and that would be a problem. Something has to be.
Anyway, topping up the glass and moving on...
Haha exactly. Damn I have to drive to Homebush to pick up my 40 million and traffic is bad haha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anybody else willing to fill us in on the Football Club meeting for us out of towners?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'll PM you if OK - I'd prefer to starve the bleaters.
So you won't be putting up a Topic on TK re your observations at the footy club meeting regarding the plan and other goss?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So you won't be putting up a Topic on TK re your observations at the footy club meeting regarding the plan and other goss?
For you mate, yes.
You’re reasonable and fair.
Even if we don’t always agree.
Any legit Kennellers who’d like an update can PM me and I’m happy to share.
The bleaters can starve.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if our club makes a good offer guaranteed he will sign with Souffs, I would also like to know how Parra could even make Radradra an offer considering the players they have already signed.
Our club made a play for latrines signature and I rate Radradra better than latrine so our club should at least make an offer to Radradra.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe the club will, or even want to sign Leilua and Reynolds.
If however they do, it would be a panic signing just to save there arse, like the Woods Foran signing by the previous board.
I’d think the club would promote from within before doing that. Cheaper and more beneficial long term.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well this backer looks like a mad souths supporter, paid I think 100k to charity so piggins would attend grand final.

So what are the rules on tpa?
Hypothetically if this guy is a football club member and wanted to pay radradra or anyone else 200-300k per year , is that allowed in the rules
Even if our club makes a good offer guaranteed he will sign with Souffs, I would also like to know how Parra could even make Radradra an offer considering the players they have already signed.
Our club made a play for latrines signature and I rate Radradra better than latrine so our club should at least make an offer to Radradra.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yawn is generous mate - downright stupidity is closer to the mark. I've placed him on ignore - the forum will be cleaner and more enjoyable.
I'm always up for sensible debate, but when he suggests people who don't agree with him were 'dropped as a baby' he proves he's got the intellect of a gnat.
If you go back and investigate you will notice that someone told me I was dropped as a baby because I didn't agree with them actually so get your facts right. I then made a comment back along the same lines. I'm not going to accept bullying EVER. I'll always give back better than what I receive.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you go back and investigate you will notice that someone told me I was dropped as a baby because I didn't agree with them actually so get your facts right. I then made a comment back along the same lines. I'm not going to accept bullying EVER. I'll always give back better than what I receive.
You go girlfriend

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
An English billionaire has crushed South Sydney’s hopes of securing the signature of barnstorming winger Semi Radradra.

Stephen Lansdown, owner of Bristol Rugby in England, has blown the Rabbitohs out of the market with a $3 million two-year offer for the Fijian superstar that is too good to refuse.

UK rugby clubs have a salary cap of $16.5 million.

Lansdown has a personal wealth of $3.5 billion compared to Souths owner Russell Crowe ($95 million).

The UK finance guru also owns the Bristol soccer club.

The $3 million is his first offer, according to UK sources, and may even be increased.

The offer is more than double the $700,000 Souths were prepared to pay for arguably the best winger in either code.

He would have become the highest paid winger in the NRL.

Radradra was in Sydney three weeks ago to meet with South Sydney officials and expressed a strong desire to return home to the NRL.

They met at the home of a third party, art dealer Steve Nasteski, who is a Rabbitohs tragic.

However the money in English rugby union is too good to turn down.

The 27-year-old winger scored 26 tries in his last season of NRL with the Parramatta Eels.

The Rabbitohs’ major signing priority is a middle forward replacement for Sam Burgess. They are favourites to sign highly regarded Gold Coast Titans forward Jai Arrow, but won’t have him on deck until 2021.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/c1f537330c5a052a49923dcd8c41be73

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
An English billionaire has crushed South Sydney’s hopes of securing the signature of barnstorming winger Semi Radradra.

Stephen Lansdown, owner of Bristol Rugby in England, has blown the Rabbitohs out of the market with a $3 million two-year offer for the Fijian superstar that is too good to refuse.

UK rugby clubs have a salary cap of $16.5 million.

Lansdown has a personal wealth of $3.5 billion compared to Souths owner Russell Crowe ($95 million).

The UK finance guru also owns the Bristol soccer club.

The $3 million is his first offer, according to UK sources, and may even be increased.

The offer is more than double the $700,000 Souths were prepared to pay for arguably the best winger in either code.

He would have become the highest paid winger in the NRL.

Radradra was in Sydney three weeks ago to meet with South Sydney officials and expressed a strong desire to return home to the NRL.

They met at the home of a third party, art dealer Steve Nasteski, who is a Rabbitohs tragic.

However the money in English rugby union is too good to turn down.

The 27-year-old winger scored 26 tries in his last season of NRL with the Parramatta Eels.

The Rabbitohs’ major signing priority is a middle forward replacement for Sam Burgess. They are favourites to sign highly regarded Gold Coast Titans forward Jai Arrow, but won’t have him on deck until 2021.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/c1f537330c5a052a49923dcd8c41be73

Terrorgraph - so yet to be validated.
But if there's any truth to it - it all depends on how serious Semi says he was to return to the NRL and that money wasn't everything. He'll either prove that to be true or make himself a hypocrite.
So Soufs allegedly willing to pay $700k - anyone think paying 'overs' for that amount is a good idea? $850K? Very expensive winger...
Obviously double the money is tempting (if true) - so we'll see what really drives Semi.