11. Rfm
12. Chn
13. Jacko
14. Toomaga
15. Tolman
16. Stimson
17. Katoa

but I know Buckley’s and no chance
I think you have Tolman in the right spot. He can come on after 20mins when some of the sting has gone out of the game.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
8. Ogden
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Rfm
12. Chn
13. Jacko
14. Toomaga
15. Tolman
16. Stimson
17. Katoa

Id swap stimson and rfm he was much better playing up the middle as a bench prop and pay totally fucked with ogden last year

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
can we remove this thread for the mental wellbeing of our members? fark.... does my head in every time I see "Chris Smith Re-signs"

we've dead set sunk lower than the titans......our games should be streamed on the comedy channel

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
8. Ogden
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Rfm
12. Chn
13. Jacko
14. Toomaga
15. Tolman
16. Stimson
17. Katoa

I like it but think we’d leak some early points

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
8. Ogden
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Rfm
12. Chn
13. Jacko
14. Toomaga
15. Tolman
16. Stimson
17. Katoa

Who looses their spot to Elliot?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Who looses their spot to Elliot?
Ogden id say (don’t agree with it, he was our best forward when he had some good games together, then just got fucked about lost confidence) though Tolman will clearly start. Meaning bench opens and Elliott will push Ogden out as pays pet.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It will be:

8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Katoa
15. RFM
16. Toomaga
17. Stimson (possibly Smith)

Sorry boys...

If we're struggling at the start of the season (like the last two seasons) I can see Jackson moving to Lock, Stimson into the starting side and Elliott to the bench (we did something similar last year if I remember but we reverted). Jackson needs to be on the field for 80 minutes for me. CHN is under a little bit of pressure from Stimson but CHN is less versatile so harder to pick him on the bench when running a Hooker.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if Chris Smith can ball play at all. He played a safety first style of footy last season. Tucked the ball under the wing. If he is to progress his game And stay in first grade he has to surprise us all and show us some well timed off loads and tip ons. Good luck to him.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ogden id say (don’t agree with it, he was our best forward when he had some good games together, then just got fucked about lost confidence) though Tolman will clearly start. Meaning bench opens and Elliott will push Ogden out as pays pet.
Ogden got fucked about?

He served up one of the limpest displays from a starting prop I’ve ever seen against the Broncos last year and rightfully hasn’t been sighted in the top grade since.

That said - hopefully he can show some character and bounce back and earn himself a bench spot at some point. He does have potential

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ogden got fucked about?

He served up one of the limpest displays from a starting prop I’ve ever seen against the Broncos last year and rightfully hasn’t been sighted in the top grade since.

That said - hopefully he can show some character and bounce back and earn himself a bench spot at some point. He does have potential
Yeah I thought the same thing. He didn't really take his chance. Now he has fallen down in the pecking order for me.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It will be:

8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Katoa
15. RFM
16. Toomaga
17. Stimson (possibly Smith)

Sorry boys...

If we're struggling at the start of the season (like the last two seasons) I can see Jackson moving to Lock, Stimson into the starting side and Elliott to the bench (we did something similar last year if I remember but we reverted). Jackson needs to be on the field for 80 minutes for me. CHN is under a little bit of pressure from Stimson but CHN is less versatile so harder to pick him on the bench when running a Hooker.
CHN & Stimson 2nd row with Jacko at lock is what should happen.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Chris Smith can ball play at all. He played a safety first style of footy last season. Tucked the ball under the wing. If he is to progress his game And stay in first grade he has to surprise us all and show us some well timed off loads and tip ons. Good luck to him.
Id settle for him just to not drop the ball and give away silly penalties lol

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And Elliot will continue to give away stupid penalties and make crucial mistakes and still be on the first grade team.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its a minimum wage signing to make the numbers... We have had much worse forwards come through the club.

But we are meant to be buying the next big things or marquee player. If not marquee then players that we can be excited about.

Please prove to me that this is a player signed on minimum wage...

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But we are meant to be buying the next big things or marquee player. If not marquee then players that we can be excited about.

Please provide his not signed on minimum wage.......
He would defiantly be on chips, and I think you would find no one one here would argue amount the coin his on
Defiantly a bottom pay scale sign8ng

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And Elliot will continue to give away stupid penalties and make crucial mistakes and still be on the first grade team.
Elliot goes alright... his a perfect bench player if he provides what he did at the back end of last season. Should honestly be in rotation with Jacko at lock and hopefully that's the way Pay goes.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Its an assumption but its hard to argue..

Im pretty sure we will get those nice signings slowly but surely along the way but in all honesty we don't need to yet. There are still way too many questions to be asked of the squad and we don't exactly know what to buy yet. Yes we know we need a few players for certain positions but we have a few kids who might fill that void.

For example.. We need 4 props. We have Napa, Tolman, RT, RFM and Ogden to a degree and close to fcuk all young props coming through. If Tolman goes next yr, RT and Ogden flop and RFM shits himself then we need 3 props.

Another one.. The left wing.. Okunbor and Meaney. Are they going to cement their places or just not cut it in a premiership side? Do we wait for some good kids coming through? Or do we buy?

And Another one and probably the biggest... The halves. We have to wait and see who out of Cogger, Lewis and Wakeham make it in the big time on a consistent basis. IF NOT then we need to go after a marque half.

We may have plenty of shopping to do so personally I think its best to buy as you go rather then potentially wasting the money.

In saying all this I just watched Stimpsons highlight reel...I always optimistic about the guy but damn he goes alright. Get excited for another dimension on an edge!

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
8. Ogden
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Rfm
12. Chn
13. Jacko
14. Toomaga
15. Tolman
16. Stimson
17. Katoa

Gotta be..

8.Tolman
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Stimpson
13. Jacko
14. Toomaga
15. RFM
16. Elliot
17. Katoa

Ogden isn't in the class off these guys yet.

Last edited: