Social Media Croft to brisbane

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How specific do I need to be? The Roosters offered Latrell a 800k contract. That is overs. Something that the Roosters don't do. The contract wasn't pulled because of Latrell's attitude haha.
IMO, all speculation etc but...
$650k was a typical Rorters low ball offer that they refused to budge on until the trade period started. LM knew it was low ball, and wasn’t interested as he has (in his eyes) been playing for them on a low ball contract for a couple of years now.

$800k is probably the upper limit of fair. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Rorters tried to strong arm Latrell by telling him it was only valid for a week or two and if he wanted their “very generous offer” he should sign immediately.

Having waited so long for a better offer than the lowball, and having seen the various tactics the Rorters use to force players to toe the line, Latrell probably wants out of the Rorters.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In respect to Latrell contemplating retirement......

Well he probably has had some sound advice from James bouris, and if any of you have been to any of his seminars he always talks about having an exit strategy and nominating it as quickly as possible.
Can't argue with that.

Bouris knows how to talk.

I am sure he started Amway in a previous life.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
IMO, all speculation etc but...
$650k was a typical Rorters low ball offer that they refused to budge on until the trade period started. LM knew it was low ball, and wasn’t interested as he has (in his eyes) been playing for them on a low ball contract for a couple of years now.

$800k is probably the upper limit of fair. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Rorters tried to strong arm Latrell by telling him it was only valid for a week or two and if he wanted their “very generous offer” he should sign immediately.

Having waited so long for a better offer than the lowball, and having seen the various tactics the Rorters use to force players to toe the line, Latrell probably wants out of the Rorters.
The key is the amount Manu got.

Fairly equal players but I give a slight advantage to LM in creating opportunities to his winger and beating his opposing centre/fullback and then he was primary goal kicker.

How much more under normal circumstances should LM get than Manu?

$100,000 ? - $ 150,000 ?