News Dogs to bare teeth with $8.5 million war chest

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2 more long seasons....

next year was expected to be not a lot different...maybe a little better, 2021 was when we were to be free of all the salary cap drama and be a huge player in the market, that market has now been open for a month and we have only re-signed deadwood (although happy with DWZ extension) and the only statements we have had from the board is that we aren't interested in this player or that player

many on here seem to think we sign players for the 2021 in 2020 which isn't true, the only players you pick up in 2020 for 2021 is the dregs of what is unwanted or the odd unhappy player granted a release (not a great way to plan your 2021 recruitment hopes on), the only cash we have thrown about seem to have been for Hill to travel to the UK twice for reasons unknown
Smith, Toomanga and Lewis aren't dead weight though.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve recruited 3 players for the 2020 season, and have a spot for a fourth should someone good and cheap arise (otherwise we’ll promote from within).

Considering we already have about half a squad lined up for 2021, how many new recruits should we sign for 2021?

My guess is it will be similar (3-4). If we sign too many, the team won’t gel (ala Kniggits). Which of course means 9-10 would be re-signed or promoted. Which then raises the question...who gets re-signed/ promoted?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's becoming increasingly clear that the club will not be vying, or even in the mix, for a ptemiership for several years.

It's going to take 2-3 years after 2021 to compile a Top 4 team at the rate our recruitment is going...one or 2 marginal improvement players on what we already had....and then add into the search, the criteria that they must fit into the Bulldog values as Hill states.

Then there's the other clubs re-signing their good players and also trying to recruit the best youngsters themselves.

We are up against it chaps.

Realistically we just have to accept that this is our destiny for a fair bit longer.

Meanwhile we can duke it out amongst ourselves :grinning:

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully we might be competitive for our 100th anniversary!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I wrong Jackson is off contract in 2021? Yet we have re-signed Lewis, Smith & Okunbor

Was Lynn Anderson on the Titans board previously?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can have the biggest war chest in the comp. Doesn’t matter. Players don’t want to play for us :(
I don’t believe players dont want to play for us in isolation i think our board is spooked by some over paying overs for players since foz/trex debacles and are now low balling every player hence players not coming here

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Am I wrong Jackson is off contract in 2021? Yet we have re-signed Lewis, Smith & Okunbor

Was Lynn Anderson on the Titans board previously?
I hope it's not the case of where only players that aren't in demand stay !!!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meanwhile cowboys sign valentine holmes 6 year deal.... sigh

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh shit....looks like we will be seeing you bitching for a further two weeks on this topic
You should be worried about the fact that we are gonna be left with crumbs when we get off our asses and decide to sign someone lol

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Months worth of bitching and moaning over Mitchell, now a months worth over Holmes.

This place is more depressing than a morgue

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was always going there his fiance is michael morgans sis
Really?? I didn't know that. I always assumed he'd sign there but not for that reason.. Things could get messy if there's a problem in the relationship though! Morgan would be watching Val like a hawk to make sure he isn't screwing around with some groupies...

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Months worth of bitching and moaning over Mitchell, now a months worth over Holmes.

This place is more depressing than a morgue
Holmes was always going to the Cowboys anyway. Don't know why people are moaning over him.