Social Media Croft to brisbane

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He looks average surrounded by a star studded spine in Melbourne good luck working with old man Boyd and Milf when he only shows up once every six weeks.

Least he can sleep in his own bed and still play Qld Cup now.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Repeating yourself and going in circles is what you do best though!
Two posts come to mind when I asked you exactly how many full games Foran has played since he left Manly and where you got your info that we offered Latrell 850k
I don't know the answer how many full games Foran played (I know he played on or at least tried to with his syndesmosis injury - which probably made it worse). I just know he started 1/3 of the games since singing with us. Latrell's offer was in the media and if it was any less then 850k I don't have to say anymore (we weren't aggressive enough with amount, deadline, etc). Latrell was always going to take 900k-1m (maybe even more) imo and with the recent medical retirements from other clubs that certified it. I think the biggest reason with pulling out from Latrell is either the Roosters second offer of 800k or having to sign Latrell for next season (we can't really fit him in).

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good luck to them. I'm interested to see how Tom Dearden and Jake Turpin go next season. Dearden is off contract end of 2021, Turpin the year after. Neither of them will be on much, if they turn out to be top rate, they might be tempted by a decent contract, certainly they wouldn't be on much now at Brisbane. Keep in mind that the Horsies will have Oates, Lodge, Isaako, Ofahengaue, Pangai Jnr coming off contract at the same time as Turpin.

The real hiring will begin November 2020.
turpin has already been to canterbury met with the board, cant see him coming back now hes settled in brisbane

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope we can hold onto Wakeham and not lose him to Bellyache

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just make NRL great again, semi radradra back in NRL is a good thing, i wouldnt go as far as NRL.COM posting a welcome back to sonny bill though

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't know the answer how many full games Foran played (I know he played on or at least tried to with his syndesmosis injury - which probably made it worse). I just know he started 1/3 of the games since singing with us. Latrell's offer was in the media and if it was any less then 850k I don't have to say anymore (we weren't aggressive enough with amount, deadline, etc). Latrell was always going to take 900k-1m (maybe even more) imo and with the recent medical retirements from other clubs that certified it. I think the biggest reason with pulling out from Latrell is either the Roosters second offer of 800k or having to sign Latrell for next season (we can't really fit him in).
We could afford that amount for 2021, not 2020. His behaviour was clearly a turn off too

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We could afford that amount for 2021, not 2020. His behaviour was clearly a turn off too
But not a turn off for the Roosters that up'd there offer to 800k? I don't think his attitude is that bad tbh (it's also up to the club, coach and leadership group to manage). The only thing I have an issue with is how he reacts to the media when it isn't going to go away (e.g. criticism, racism - I'm not saying racism is right either).

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
They are saying Jack Bird to Melbourne????
Maybe. Scott’s off to raiders they reckon.

Croft to broncos.

Bird to storm.

Rcg to eels.

Marsters and Holmes to cowboys.

Latrell to tigers.

All contracts released or broken.

maybe bring Frawley and Lichaa back with him for us

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
But not a turn off for the Roosters that up'd there offer to 800k? I don't think his attitude is that bad tbh (it's also up to the club, coach and leadership group to manage). The only thing I have an issue with is how he reacts to the media when it isn't going to go away (e.g. criticism, racism - I'm not saying racism is right either).
The roosters are like Manly and have no soul. They’d sign Martin Bryant if he was a good footballer. I like Latrell but his attitude and handling of these contract negotiations have been very poor

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly think we wanted him as a centre. He wanted to play fullback. And the club see DWZ as our long term fullback. And we didn’t have the vision to use Zelezniak as an outside back (wing or centre) and we weren’t willing to pay 850k plus to an outside back again.

Small mindedness from the club. Unless they pull off something that they have in the works. You don’t let marquee players walk away. Very rare they even hit the market in the first place. I’ll definitely be watching how
Mitchell plays at fullback next year that’s for sure.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Obviously it was a turn off for the Roosters because they pulled their offer too.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Obviously it was a turn off for the Roosters because they pulled their offer too.
So a couple of days after they offered 800k to re-sign they pulled their offer due to Latrell's attitude problem that he's had for two seasons apparently. No, they pulled their offer either because of 1: the Tigers came in with their offer (or us), or 2: the situation from Latrell's position was untenable as the Roosters played hard ball with their 650k contract during all of last season and up until they offered the 800k (more then fair offer - overs). Nothing wrong with wanting more money in today's game. The ROOSTERS offered overs to retain a player do I need to say more?

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So a couple of days after they offered 800k to re-sign they pulled their offer due to Latrell's attitude problem that he's had for two seasons apparently. No, they pulled their offer either because of 1: the Tigers came in with their offer (or us), or 2: the situation from Latrell's position was untenable as the Roosters played hard ball with their 650k contract during all of last season and up until they offered the 800k (more then fair offer - overs). Nothing wrong with wanting more money in today's game. The ROOSTERS offered overs to retain a player do I need to say more?
Actually plenty more. When have the Roosters paid overs in the last 5 yrs? And if they did pay overs and Latrell is the second coming of Daly M why arent they paying overs to keep him?

Or maybe the attitude just became worse because he didnt get what he thought he was worth. Same attitue that has seen 4 clubs walk away from him so far.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Actually plenty more. When have the Roosters paid overs in the last 5 yrs? And if they did pay overs and Latrell is the second coming of Daly M why arent they paying overs to keep him?

Or maybe the attitude just became worse because he didnt get what he thought he was worth. Same attitue that has seen 4 clubs walk away from him so far.
How specific do I need to be? The Roosters offered Latrell a 800k contract. That is overs. Something that the Roosters don't do. The contract wasn't pulled because of Latrell's attitude haha.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How specific do I need to be? The Roosters offered Latrell a 800k contract. That is overs. Something that the Roosters don't do. The contract wasn't pulled because of Latrell's attitude haha.
Actually be very specific.

$800k is the upper limit of what he is worth. That isnt overs.

What do you know that no one else in Rugby League knows. His attitude sucks and everyone knows it, except you. So be very specific and enlighten the rest of us.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Actually be very specific.

$800k is the upper limit of what he is worth. That isnt overs.

What do you know that no one else in Rugby League knows. His attitude sucks and everyone knows it, except you. So be very specific and enlighten the rest of us.
So even because of that they offered him a 800k contract? It makes more sense to me that something happened in the few days afterwards... Latrell is worth 700k, Roosters first offer was 650k which was slight unders and how they usually operate when signing players. Why does his attitude suck?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So even because of that they offered him a 800k contract? It makes more sense to me that something happened in the few days afterwards... Latrell is worth 700k, Roosters first offer was 650k which was slight unders and how they usually operate when signing players. Why does his attitude suck?
So 'It makes more sense to me'. Just your opinion then without any real facts.

You are entitled to your opinion but at the risk of repeating myself current players, ex-players and even the RLPA have all made comments and gone on the record about being concerned about his attitude and mental state.

He is the only 22 yo player I can ever remember who is already contemplating retirement. Add to that the number of clubs who just walked away from an obviously talented player. It has been a long time since I have seen so much focus on the mental state of one player.

I won't go into details because I am sure you know how to use google search to do some research and educate yourself.

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In respect to Latrell contemplating retirement......

Well he probably has had some sound advice from James bouris, and if any of you have been to any of his seminars he always talks about having an exit strategy and nominating it as quickly as possible.

So 'It makes more sense to me'. Just your opinion then without any real facts.

You are entitled to your opinion but at the risk of repeating myself current players, ex-players and even the RLPA have all made comments and gone on the record about being concerned about his attitude and mental state.

He is the only 22 yo player I can ever remember who is already contemplating retirement. Add to that the number of clubs who just walked away from an obviously talented player. It has been a long time since I have seen so much focus on the mental state of one player.

I won't go into details because I am sure you know how to use google search to do some research and educate yourself.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We don't know how out of context the retiring to a farm statement was reported.

Said in general conversation after the gossip hound reporter set him up with a loaded question? Who trusts journos.

God forbide Adam Elliot ever agrees to an interview.... answering questions about prior intoxicated actions and the merits of swizzle sticks and dance music.

The journos sell papers by twisting and sensationalising what's said.