Opinion Are the board doing the best job they can?

Are the board doing the best job they can?

• Yes

Votes: 54 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 34.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate the board and CEO have discussed openly in the media what their plan is! Maybe you should pull your head in and be bothered to have a look for yourself rather than assuming what their plan is yeah? I read it and liked what I read, their plan addresses all the weaknesses our club has been suffering from for years, however, they’ve only been in the role for 18 months and as we all know rebuilds don’t exactly happen overnight they take years to formulate and implement. I’m not relying on belief rather faith that they have the best interests for the club, belief comes afterwards if their plan works, if not then I will be just as critical as some other fans are simple as that!
I still need to see something. I don't know what their plan is moving forward. That's why I asked you (you don't know either). Also saying and doing something is completely different. Like I've said many times they've done a terrific job up until this point but I don't think we can only continue recruiting opportunist or reject players that no other club wants or can fit in (scraps) if we want to progress anytime soon. This is what we've done and this is what I see. That is my only concern I have regarding the club which can easy be void before the start of next season.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That’s right mate. They are the loud minority just like the greenies and those idiots gluing themselves to the road
Be fair Natboy.
They do have some good qualities.
They’d make great organ donors!
Well, maybe not brain, but some organs.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I still need to see something. I don't know what their plan is moving forward. That's why I asked you (you don't know either). Also saying and doing something is completely different. Like I've said many times they've done a terrific job up until this point but I don't think we can only continue recruiting opportunist or reject players that no other club wants or can fit in (scraps) if we want to progress anytime soon. This is what we've done and this is what I see. That is my only concern I have regarding the club which can easy be void before the start of next season.
One more time for the dummies!

Mate the board and CEO have discussed openly in the media what their plan is!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more time for the dummies!

Mate the board and CEO have discussed openly in the media what their plan is!
And if it means that much to you and you have the opportunity, go to the fan forum next month and ask them

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Answer honestly, I wanna know what people really think of how they are doing, are they doing good or can they do a lot better. As a fan, if they are not actively pursuing the best players available, then they are not doing a good job
The board dont pursue players. Recruitment managers pursue players, the board may approve them after they are pursued.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Last edited:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So far 20 have said no and 19 yes so this place is split

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just a small point, Barba probably isn't the same issue as Foran (unless you are referring to the Cowboys). Whilst it was dissapointing how the whole Barba thing panned out, he was identified young and brought to the club when he was still basically a kid. Same as SBW. This is a different problem, but it happens due to a process that also means we have gotten players like Sherwin, El Masri, Jackson, Price, Mason, and going back a bit players like the Mortimers and Hughes'. Getting young players into the system will always mean some will disappoint later in their careers, but it is a sensible risk compared with panic buys.
Bit off from what I meant rather was merely stating your best player is the main issue around the club. LM to me is very risky.

I do agree with what your saying and if anything justifies my comments in other threads where I state we should persist with young kids and average players due to cap restraints until we get it right both on and off the field. Personally I don't enjoy the theatre behind signing BIG NAME players... I would support the growth of a team built with kids who become BIG NAMES and nabbing good buys like CHN, DWZ and hopefully Stimpson along the journey.

Its just better business sustainability and in return will be able to retain the best and KEEP THEM!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So far 20 have said no and 19 yes so this place is split
In the end all that matters is results and from what we know it is really way too hard to say if they have done a good or bad job with limited time.

This season is where we need to start getting serious though, if Pay is as good as some think he is then we should once again be pushing for that final spot in the 8. Selections need to be better and certain favourites and promises can't continued to be kept.

The thing I hate is how the board has continued to lower expectations of fans to try and extend their run and people on here twist it around as if they've pulled off some miracle. Anyone that stepped in could've released a few players and waited until 2021/22 to recruit when the bulk of our roster was clear. They took the absolute safest route and didn't even attempt creative accounting....that would've been something to applaud.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Um its not stupid, its clear at this stage that people on here are split about the situation
People on here which is about 50 or so going off your poll results?

What about the 10,000+ paying members?

50 from an online forum vs 10,000+ members??

When you look at the numbers, you come across as a massive dochebag (I'm being nice)

Get your left hand off the keyboard, and get your right hand off your clitoris, and go do something productive.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the end all that matters is results and from what we know it is really way too hard to say if they have done a good or bad job with limited time.

This season is where we need to start getting serious though, if Pay is as good as some think he is then we should once again be pushing for that final spot in the 8. Selections need to be better and certain favourites and promises can't continued to be kept.

The thing I hate is how the board has continued to lower expectations of fans to try and extend their run and people on here twist it around as if they've pulled off some miracle. Anyone that stepped in could've released a few players and waited until 2021/22 to recruit when the bulk of our roster was clear. They took the absolute safest route and didn't even attempt creative accounting....that would've been something to applaud.
I think Pay has to make it to at least the 2nd week of finals otherwise it fail. Pay has almost the squad he wants and now three years implement his style and process in place.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think Pay has to make it to at least the 2nd week of finals otherwise it fail. Pay has almost the squad he wants and now three years implement his style and process in place.
That's pretty unlikely considering we don't even have a genuine ball runner or ball player in the spine lol.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's pretty unlikely considering we don't even have a genuine ball runner or ball player in the spine lol.

Dude, it is going to be a long long year for you if the dogs continue on where we left off in 2019 and keep winning. Its not the same as 2018 and I think crusty pops Forans injury might turn out to be a blessing for the team. I hope for the little bit of a shit stirrer in me that we easily make the eight and a bloke with the initials LL plays his part well..

Please give it to me all you like but keep in mind whats coming if you are wrong...:tearsofjoy:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much every board member and chair person around the world have other jobs and serve on other boards. Being a board member or chair person isn't a full time job.
I appreciate your thoughts,my point is it is sometimes very difficult to focus on 1 particular scenario,when other things like her husbands bankruptcy,etc,all in her thoughts as well an

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dude, it is going to be a long long year for you if the dogs continue on where we left off in 2019 and keep winning. Its not the same as 2018 and I think crusty pops Forans injury might turn out to be a blessing for the team. I hope for the little bit of a shit stirrer in me that we easily make the eight and a bloke with the initials LL plays his part well..

Please give it to me all you like but keep in mind whats coming if you are wrong...:tearsofjoy:
Wrong? Idk about that, called where we would finish this season early last year despite people carrying on like our roster was the worst in history.

We should be pushing for that final spot in the 8, a couple of extra wins on last season is entirely possible. Anything more though I just can't see happening with the likes of Lewis and our other inferior options in the spine providing fuck all with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.