Opinion Are the board doing the best job they can?

Are the board doing the best job they can?

• Yes

Votes: 54 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 34.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Its got Barba/Foran all it..
Just a small point, Barba probably isn't the same issue as Foran (unless you are referring to the Cowboys). Whilst it was dissapointing how the whole Barba thing panned out, he was identified young and brought to the club when he was still basically a kid. Same as SBW. This is a different problem, but it happens due to a process that also means we have gotten players like Sherwin, El Masri, Jackson, Price, Mason, and going back a bit players like the Mortimers and Hughes'. Getting young players into the system will always mean some will disappoint later in their careers, but it is a sensible risk compared with panic buys.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I voted no on the basis of zero improvement.
2018 finished 12th
2019 finished 12th.

I would love to see the team improve in 2020. If we can get to 11 wins I will be happy and I do think the team as a lot of upside given we have such a young roster.

Certainly prepared to give the board another 2 years & happy to change my vote to yes once we get to 11 wins in the 2020 season.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I voted no on the basis of zero improvement.
2018 finished 12th
2019 finished 12th.

I would love to see the team improve in 2020. If we can get to 11 wins I will be happy and I do think the team as a lot of upside given we have such a young roster.

Certainly prepared to give the board another 2 years & happy to change my vote to yes once we get to 11 wins in the 2020 season.
Fair comment.
But perhaps your vote is 'abstain' rather than 'no'.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd like you to give a reason other then not signing players for the roster in 2021 as to why you think they aren't doing a good job?

There's a lot more to running the football club then just managing the roster and given the condition of the roster when they took power we haven't seen what they are capable of with a clean slate.

I think the work they have done in the juniors has been phenomenal the on field results have sky rocketed and we have seen a massive increase in juniors selected for rep games.

The partnerships with junior football in northern NSW is also a great move who knows if it will bare fruit but it's being proactive and cover all bases.

They also deserve a pass mark in sponsorship given on field performances, mad Monday and TV slots sponsors have walked but they have replaced all bar the major sponsor very quickly.

Now it hasn't been all rosy I thought the whole mad Monday fiasco was handled poorer but it looks like lessons were learnt from it this year and we haven't had any player drama since.

Crowds and memberships have dropped also but these figures do hinge on on field results in a massive way.

When you take everything into account they have done a good job and the club has a solid base to work from and now there isn't any excuses for the club not to excel.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Everyones best is different ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Answer honestly, I wanna know what people really think of how they are doing, are they doing good or can they do a lot better. As a fan, if they are not actively pursuing the best players available, then they are not doing a good job
Another stupid post. Do you honestly think the board is there to do a bad job?
Do you think the board is not active in the player market?
Do you think the football experience, and business experience, of the board is lacking?
I support the board because they have the club at heart. They are not seeking over priced players who are looking at their big pay day.
They are trying to build a capable football team. It wont be a team of champions, but it will be a competitive team.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you think the football experience, and business experience, of the board is lacking?
I support the board because they have the club at heart. They are not seeking over priced players who are looking at their big pay day.
They are trying to build a capable football team. It wont be a team of champions, but it will be a competitive team.
Um its not stupid, its clear at this stage that people on here are split about the situation

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Um its not stupid, its clear at this stage that people on here are split about the situation
Disagree. There is a group on here that rubbishes everything the club says and does.
They are in the minority, but have the most to say. Sadly everything they say is negative.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Answer honestly, I wanna know what people really think of how they are doing, are they doing good or can they do a lot better. As a fan, if they are not actively pursuing the best players available, then they are not doing a good job
At first I thought they were doing an admirable job,but as time has progressed they seem to have stagnated,not a lot of the news coming out of our club,seems to be proactive,rather the reverse,the signing of our young talent is s positive,but not enough,the need for a quality back is obvious to all,but they keep signing forwards,our chair lyn Anderson is in charge of the Paralympic commission as well as other businesses with her husband,can't be good for our club ?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bang on Speedy.

Some may suggest @AlzzBulldog wrote the book on stupid.
I'd suggest that's an overestimation of his capabilities.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
our chair lyn Anderson is in charge of the Paralympic commission as well as other businesses with her husband,can't be good for our club ?
Pretty much every board member and chair person around the world have other jobs and serve on other boards. Being a board member or chair person isn't a full time job.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What is that great plan? Is 2021 our target year to be competitive or not? From what I've heard it is. Some people do go too far tho. I'd say from your comment you're too far in the other direction. I assume you're relying on hope and belief. I'm a realist so I just go off what I'm seeing and when I see something maybe I'll change my opinion or view on some things. It's a wait and see for me. Fans are allowed to have their say regardless if it's positive or 'negative'. You should watch ArsenalFanTV. At the end of the day we all want to be successful (not too successful as that's boring) we just see and express this in different ways.
Mate the board and CEO have discussed openly in the media what their plan is! Maybe you should pull your head in and be bothered to have a look for yourself rather than assuming what their plan is yeah? I read it and liked what I read, their plan addresses all the weaknesses our club has been suffering from for years, however, they’ve only been in the role for 18 months and as we all know rebuilds don’t exactly happen overnight they take years to formulate and implement. I’m not relying on belief rather faith that they have the best interests for the club, belief comes afterwards if their plan works, if not then I will be just as critical as some other fans are simple as that!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the board is doing it’s best considering all circumstances
People think because a big name hasn’t been announced so far that the board has failed,be patient
My confidence is in the fact that our junior teams have excelled beyond belief in the last two years
For mine this is building great foundations and will secure our future
Some of these young guys coming through will be champions one day
Nothing better than seeing our own succeed,I urge everyone to attend a football club meeting and listen in and ask questions
The staff are very approachable and honest

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you care about what you do, yeah.
If not, might be time to find a new vocation.
Maybe this is coming from a different place, or I'm being overly philosophical, but while I believe I care deeply about what I do, I'd also thoroughly agree that I have loads of room for improvement.

On that basis I'd question whether anyone on earth is actually doing their best job, if that makes sense.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe this is coming from a different place, or I'm being overly philosophical, but while I believe I care deeply about what I do, I'd also thoroughly agree that I have loads of room for improvement.

On that basis I'd question whether anyone on earth is actually doing their best job, if that makes sense.
Yeah it does mate.
Big difference between care and improvement.
We can all improve.
I strive for it all the time in various measures otherwise it feels like I’m not moving forward.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Disagree. There is a group on here that rubbishes everything the club says and does.
They are in the minority, but have the most to say. Sadly everything they say is negative.
That’s right mate. They are the loud minority just like the greenies and those idiots gluing themselves to the road

Status
Not open for further replies.