Chris Smith Re-signs

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Depth? Pay will start him in the 17 if last season is anything to go off lol. People are also assuming he's on minimum wage, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than that. Dudes got so many opportunities while player like RFM and To'omaga had to scrap in reserves for the majority of the season despite them having the ability to offer far more than someone like him.

We shouldn't have to make this type of signing considering all the young forward talent we have coming through, and we especially shouldn't have to make it before a ball is even kicked.

Smith is a squad player and nothing more, the youngsters should be given the opportunity to grow into this role this coming season instead of jumping the gun and locking down someone like him. If we need depth then get it later, there's plenty of these type of players floating around. Kurt Capewell is still a free agent for this coming season as a quick example.
It's ok mate. Maybe you should just apply for the board and make all of the decisions. You seem to always know better then everyone else.
Or here's a thought, how about you just accept the things you cant change and deal with it.

Reactions: J_B

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wtf would the club re-sign Montoya for he is hopeless and I new Elliott would stay because of pay but I just don't understand re signing of Chris Smith and Montoya half our luck we will re sign Holland as well
But but but but but the board is doing a good job, and we shouldnt criticise ahhaha #BoardOut

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yes coz all we need is second rowers
If u don’t believe me just ask mr dean pay
The place is a shambles
And I’m not being negative trust me
It’s fact
The board needs to go then, followed by pay

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's ok mate. Maybe you should just apply for the board and make all of the decisions. You seem to always know better then everyone else.
Or here's a thought, how about you just accept the things you cant change and deal with it.
I'd rather noit.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow there are some stressful ****** here... Club signs a 5th string backrower on a minimum wage and the place goes into meltdown. Funny shite!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chris smith lol

Oh God what’s happened to this once great club!
Its a minimum wage signing to make the numbers... We have had much worse forwards come through the club.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d be ok with these average signings if there was a sprinkle of quality external signings coming through. Unfortunately not the case yet.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's sad the club/coach is blocking the younger players who have more talent probably in there fingers then some of these flops I would prefer to give young ones a go over the likes of Montoya smith Holland Elliott .
Omg I cant believe people agreed and liked this post... It doesn't even make SENSE!!! Which juniors are you talking about??

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d be ok with these average signings if there was a sprinkle of quality external signings coming through. Unfortunately not the case yet.
That and people are assuming it’s a minimal contract.

Nothing to support that, infact it’s almost supported the other way.

Why would a player sign on minimal for 2 seasons away when he could fluke some good games together and find someone desperate to pay even if only a 200k+ deal its almost double minimum....

Think people say it’s minimum to just support such a poor decision. As other people said it’s not like he has people banging down the door to recruit him. He’s a Fucking plodder.

2020 was still sufficient depth.

Why keep a roster spot in 2021 with the season to unfold for 2020 yet in both kids and late bloomers.

Poor decision and if it wasn’t minimal it’s a shocking decision (which based on the player taking it 2 seasons out suggest it isn’t)

Last edited:

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hate the salary cap as it is now, it causes so much angst and conjecture, so much shit gets dished to players just trying their best and achieving more than most of those dishing said shit (& yes I’ve dished my share).

I’m really happy for the guy to get an extension, unfortunately it conflicts with the perceived calibre of player that could be signed instead. Not that I know who that is atm.

Even Foz, all the shit against him is primarily because of his contracts direct effect on our cap.

No I don’t have all the answers as far as a cap alternative, I would like to think a system whereby players cap contribution is a set contract level based on experience, rep duty, club loyalty, maybe even behaviour. If clubs pay him more or less so be it.

Would it work? IDK, but I’d like to see the discussion

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What happened to Fualalo and Tualau?

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its a minimum wage signing to make the numbers... We have had much worse forwards come through the club.
No we haven’t. Not one that’s played this many first grade games for zero impact on this sort of money

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No we haven’t. Not one that’s played this many first grade games for zero impact on this sort of money
Nah never lol. What did u just start following the bulldogs 5 yrs ago or something?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened to Fualalo and Tualau?
And lichaa ? ..... I haven’t heard any clubs pick them up. Out of those guys I thought Danny F would find another club

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Smith gets a new deal but Wakeham and Tass are still off contract after 2020? They better lock those two up very soon before other clubs poach them.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So Smith gets a new deal but Wakeham and Tass are still off contract after 2020? They better lock those two up very soon before other clubs poach them.
Negotiations don’t fit into schedules in order mate and it’s not like a numbered to do list

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Negotiations don’t fit into schedules in order mate and it’s not like a numbered to do list
Well Smith shouldn't have been on that list at all. I'm aware that there's still plenty of time to wrap those guys up but the longer they leave it, the more chance of another club showing interest in two young talents like them. So hopefully those two are a priority.