News Belmore Blueprint: Canterbury’s plot to rise from the ashes

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Talk is cheap lynne the fact is our recruitment has been below average even parra are making us look bog average
This board is full of shit. All they did was lower everyone's expectations and we have idiots fucking praising them. Any fucking idiot could've done what they've done so far, bulk of our squad was always off contract next season.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They won't throw it at the roster but need to to get the best recruitment, fitness and support staff to pry them off other clubs.

Ironic?
I honestly don't care what we pay if we get the right players. But there are very few players that I'd be happy to pay a million per season. Unless the players you want to offer a million can provide a significant number of scoring opportunities for the rest of the team it feels like a waste of money. I've seen plenty of teams that fall apart when their marquee player/s cop an injury. I've seen teams with a balance of decent talent across the board that can overcome injuries and still retain form. I'd prefer that we leave ourselves in a position to have quality players in every position. If the right players in the spine become available and it takes a million to get them I have no issues.

As far as good staff off the field goes. If it means we get a better class of juniors ready for the NRL as we need them then I have zero problems with paying them a suitable wage.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
OK, so when I read people saying “we are building well” etc etc. are we though?
the last 4 seasons we have finished 12th, 12th, 11th & 7th.
As it stands right now I don’t think the starting 17 is any stronger than the start of last season other than the fact that we have got rid of Lichaa.
I do think the team has upside with a bunch of young players learning their craft, however going into a long NRL season with rookie halves and no. 9s I think we will battle to challenge for finals spot in 2020 again.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Talk is cheap lynne the fact is our recruitment has been below average even parra are making us look bog average
We can't really tell what our roster will be like in 2021 yet. By all means judge the roster for next year. Britt, Katoa and Stimson are definitely not stars. But the question is whether they're an improvement on the players we let go.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
OK, so when I read people saying “we are building well” etc etc. are we though?
the last 4 seasons we have finished 12th, 12th, 11th & 7th.
As it stands right now I don’t think the starting 17 is any stronger than the start of last season other than the fact that we have got rid of Lichaa.
I do think the team has upside with a bunch of young players learning their craft, however going into a long NRL season with rookie halves and no. 9s I think we will battle to challenge for finals spot in 2020 again.
I don't think anyone has the blinkers on to say that 2020 won't be a challenge - it will. Maybe more-so now with Foran gone.
But if we finished one game short of finals contention in 2019 with less experience than we'll have in 2020 - and with Foran off the park for much of the year - and we don't drop as many close games like we did, we're a chance.
2019 and 2018 were pretty average for well documented reasons.
2017 was the last year of the Despot when things were clearly unraveling in the coaches box and in the board room.
2020 and 2021 represent the best chance to start moving forward that we've seen in a while.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can't really tell what our roster will be like in 2021 yet. By all means judge the roster for next year. Britt, Katoa and Stimson are definitely not stars. But the question is whether they're an improvement on the players we let go.
I dont mind those signings but any club could of signed those guys its our clubs lack of ability in getting that next quality level up like semi/lattrell or scott that really concerns me

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I dont mind those signings but any club could of signed those guys its our clubs lack of ability in getting that next quality level up like semi/lattrell or scott that really concerns me
There are one to two more levels (after Stimson, Britt and Katoa) before we get to the Latrell and Radradra level. Scott would be after the first level.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We may or may not lure rep level players before 2021. But so far the off contract players at that level haven't opted to switch clubs. There have been a few extensions but mostly we're seeing them stay put.

Aside from the club saying we're not chasing Mitchell we could still be chasing some very good players. It's just impossible to say if you aren't in the loop. And I don't trust that a lot of kennelers are actually in the loop.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We may or may not lure rep level players before 2021. But so far the off contract players at that level haven't opted to switch clubs. There have been a few extensions but mostly we're seeing them stay put.

Aside from the club saying we're not chasing Mitchell we could still be chasing some very good players. It's just impossible to say if you aren't in the loop. And I don't trust that a lot of kennelers are actually in the loop.
No-one’s in the loop, me included.
(Well, maybe David Holland :-) )

Yet you show some good faith and face a tsunami of rage. Looks like a few people could do with a weekend and a strong drink.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep Parra are doing well in recruitment.. and thats off the back off salary cap dramas and wooden spoons..
And a heap of players that they were paying to play elsewhere.

Remember how we laughed at them :grinning:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No-one’s in the loop, me included.
(Well, maybe David Holland :-) )

Yet you show some good faith and face a tsunami of rage. Looks like a few people could do with a weekend and a strong drink.
Yep. It's criminal these days to want to judge our board on the job they've done when they get finished with it. You can't be a good fan if you don't scream for the heads of the board for not signing the exact players that you want on the day they become available.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thank you for your correspondence and for continuing to show the passion in our club that we greatly appreciate amongst our supporters.

The club has a clear plan as to how we want to move forward on and off the field and all the decisions we are making are based around that.

We are working extremely hard to create the right culture at the club and continue to improve. Decisions on attracting both players and staff to the club are researched and discussed in great detail.

In regard to off the field we have made a series of changes over the past 18 months that we think will help take us forward.

We have recruited a number of top performers to join our administration team and to drive what we do commercially. We have also identified areas within our Football Department that we thought needed strengthening and have brought in the likes of Steve Price (GM Football), Tony Ayoub (High Performance), Mark Hughes (Recruitment), Dave Hamilton (Pathways), Craig Wilson (Development), Dave Givney (Doctor) and Steve James (Skills Coach).

In addition, we have looked to re-sign our best young talent with a view towards the future and add additional depth with the likes of Dean Britt, Joe Stimson and Sione Katoa, based on what our salary cap will allow.

Next season will allow us much greater flexibility around the salary cap and our Recruitment Committee is meeting regularly to identify the talent we intend to pursue in regard to putting together a squad for 2021.

As always we appreciate your support and commitment to the club and we can promise you that we all want to get the club back to the top.

Regards

Bulldogs

Bulldogs Membership
Bulldogs Rugby League Club
Belmore Sports Ground, Edison Lane Belmore NSW | PO Box 123 Belmore NSW 2192
T: (02) 9789 8000 | F: (02) 9789 8001

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thank you for your correspondence and for continuing to show the passion in our club that we greatly appreciate amongst our supporters.

The club has a clear plan as to how we want to move forward on and off the field and all the decisions we are making are based around that.

We are working extremely hard to create the right culture at the club and continue to improve. Decisions on attracting both players and staff to the club are researched and discussed in great detail.

In regard to off the field we have made a series of changes over the past 18 months that we think will help take us forward.

We have recruited a number of top performers to join our administration team and to drive what we do commercially. We have also identified areas within our Football Department that we thought needed strengthening and have brought in the likes of Steve Price (GM Football), Tony Ayoub (High Performance), Mark Hughes (Recruitment), Dave Hamilton (Pathways), Craig Wilson (Development), Dave Givney (Doctor) and Steve James (Skills Coach).

In addition, we have looked to re-sign our best young talent with a view towards the future and add additional depth with the likes of Dean Britt, Joe Stimson and Sione Katoa, based on what our salary cap will allow.

Next season will allow us much greater flexibility around the salary cap and our Recruitment Committee is meeting regularly to identify the talent we intend to pursue in regard to putting together a squad for 2021.

As always we appreciate your support and commitment to the club and we can promise you that we all want to get the club back to the top.

Regards

Bulldogs

Bulldogs Membership
I like it. But prepare yourself for a tsunami of rage...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
dont really care mate that's from the club not me at least I share info unlike some imposters on here
Oh it was real! Classic - I thought you'd done it up in retaliation to some of the - ahem - 'letters' prepared on here. It looked so polished too I was giving you the credit!
Yeah, I know, the rage is all water off a ducks back - dunno why I bother with half of it. Cheers.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh it was real! Classic - I thought you'd done it up in retaliation to some of the - ahem - 'letters' prepared on here. It looked so polished too I was giving you the credit!
Yeah, I know, the rage is all water off a ducks back - dunno why I bother with half of it. Cheers.
they sent me an email about renewing I sent them a an email back didn't think much of it yet alone a response.. credit to them where due they took the time to respond , my only gripe is the head coach states franchise player one comes on the market on a platter and we reject in the first week of November and yet we are f##kd with foran on the books

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Regards

Bulldogs

Bulldogs Membership
Complete generic garbage reply.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score