Chris Smith Re-signs

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Coles brand still better than Aldi - look on the bright side! :-)
Booo-urns! Aldi rocks, can go shopping there without having to pack an emergency beacon in case of getting lost during the 10km hike Colesworth makes you do.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe a possibility they will release Mariner in a player swap and just signed Smith as depth. But Smith certainly seems to be a Pay favourite.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe a possibility they will release Mariner in a player swap and just signed Smith as depth. But Smith certainly seems to be a Pay favourite.
Interesting thought. Swap for who do you reckon? I thought RTM was good on the back end of the season, but the rumours have been around for a while now...

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting thought. Swap for who do you reckon? I thought RTM was good on the back end of the season, but the rumours have been around for a while now...
I agree with you I want Mariner to stay, but just have this feeling after they tried last year that they may do it again if another team has an injury at training

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We're not waiting for 2022. It's either 2021 and we go all out (enough talent to build something special imo) or we be more selective and take two to three seasons post 2020 to build something (I haven't looked that far but potentially better spine options?).
How about notching up a 3 year spreadsheet, with cash available, players available as well as what its going to take to bring them over.

Waiting in anticipation.....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How about notching up a 3 year spreadsheet, with cash available, players available as well as what its going to take to bring them over.

Waiting in anticipation.....
I don't have a spreadsheet but I've done that for 2021. I really couldn't give two shits what you think tho.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't have a spreadsheet but I've done that for 2021. I really couldn't give two shits what you think tho.
Ive seen your list for 2021 and im interested in seeing what is in stall for the 3 years.

Why you so uptight for bro?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ive seen your list for 2021 and im interested in seeing what is in stall for the 3 years.

Why you so uptight for bro?
Well the majority of your comments towards me are negative so it's safe for me to assume you're being sarcastic (...) I also said I haven't looked past 2021 and I don't really see a need to until the start of next season.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well the majority of your comments towards me are negative so it's safe for me to assume you're being sarcastic (...) I also said I haven't looked past 2021 and I don't really see a need to until the start of next season.
We are in it for the long haul!

You gotta look and plan ahead for 5 years brother. There's no quick fix solution here

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To prove I am not a board sympathiser - I can't see the wisdom in this decision - especially when we have a big stock of back rowers already. Kennel - discuss!
Not a massive fan of his, but he did show some solid improvement towards the back end of the year. I'm sure he is only on peanuts, so I'm ok with the signing.
Like everyone else, he will be off contract in 2 years and we can move him on if he doesnt further improve.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Crap player and crap signing him for an extra year even if it minimum wage. Have not seen a worse player ever in the history of the nrl. Fuck him off too bush footy this is just shit.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not a massive fan of his, but he did show some solid improvement towards the back end of the year. I'm sure he is only on peanuts, so I'm ok with the signing.
Like everyone else, he will be off contract in 2 years and we can move him on if he doesnt further improve.
We could've moved him on in a year...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meh.
Doubt he cost much. will only see FG if a couple of players are injured.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah well, we could have done lots of things. He is a depth signing. He may even surprise you.
Depth? Pay will start him in the 17 if last season is anything to go off lol. People are also assuming he's on minimum wage, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than that. Dudes got so many opportunities while player like RFM and To'omaga had to scrap in reserves for the majority of the season despite them having the ability to offer far more than someone like him.

We shouldn't have to make this type of signing considering all the young forward talent we have coming through, and we especially shouldn't have to make it before a ball is even kicked.

Smith is a squad player and nothing more, the youngsters should be given the opportunity to grow into this role this coming season instead of jumping the gun and locking down someone like him. If we need depth then get it later, there's plenty of these type of players floating around. Kurt Capewell is still a free agent for this coming season as a quick example.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To prove I am not a board sympathiser - I can't see the wisdom in this decision - especially when we have a big stock of back rowers already. Kennel - discuss!
Why isn't Jacko signed yet ????????????