Chris Smith Re-signs

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Happily in the minority.
I assume 'pick on others' refers to me.
All good Chief, I haven't even felt a punch land...
It’s clearly directed at the person I quoted and responded too.

You haven’t resorted to such petty shit as that clown but if you want to go for it.

Though I would hate to feel I belong amongst those with such obvious mental deficiencies.

Prime example of assuming, sure way to make an ass out of yourself.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably down the pecking order, but every time he came onto the field he produced some good work.
He is worth keeping and developing.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s clearly directed at the person I quoted and responded too.

You haven’t resorted to such petty shit as that clown but if you want to go for it.

Though I would hate to feel I belong amongst those with such obvious mental deficiencies.

Prime example of assuming, sure way to make an ass out of yourself.
Cool your jets champion.
Who are the 'others' you refer to then?
I'm not getting petty, I'm really not interested in that (apart from my recent deserved rants at Alfred).
If I was wrong, I'll own it.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would be fine if this was just a depth signing, but I think C. Smith is in Pays 17.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cool your jets champion.
Who are the 'others' you refer to then?
I'm not getting petty, I'm really not interested in that (apart from my recent deserved rants at Alfred).
If I was wrong, I'll own it.
That clown horse tried to direct some petty garbage at me for not supporting his agenda on this “master stroke recruitment”.

I stated some simple facts like he is in the minority for supporting this and the fact he clearly suffers from dunning-Kruger effect and that I won’t pick on him like the others.

You then assumed and tried unsuccessfully to be witty.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That clown horse tried to direct some petty garbage at me for not supporting his agenda on this “master stroke recruitment”.

I stated some simple facts like he is in the minority for supporting this and the fact he clearly suffers from dunning-Kruger effect and that I won’t pick on him like the others.

You then assumed and tried unsuccessfully to be witty.
As I said, I was wrong and I'll own it.
I'll leave you and your issues with others between you and them.
I have no further comment.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol why the fuck, Smith and Elliott are basically the same player. Britt pointlessly signed. So fucking backwards from the club. Signing bog average shit and praying that one will over perform.

We have some highly rated kids coming through and all these signings are doing is blocking their pathway and pushing them away from the club for better opportunities.
Yeah so I'll be honest I'm a little out of the loop regarding the kids coming through because I haven't watched them. I can't really comment on that. I can only comment on players playing in the NRL and sometimes reserves. A lot of them aren't ready for a few years too? Smith has only been re-signed until the end of 2021.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah so I'll be honest I'm a little out of the loop regarding the kids coming through because I haven't watched them. I can't really comment on that. I can only comment on players playing in the NRL and sometimes reserves. A lot of them aren't ready for a few years too? Smith has only been re-signed until the end of 2021.
Maybe, maybe not. Talau made his debut at 19 with the Tigers and is set to start the season at centre next year, meanwhile we persisted with Montoya and Holland...do you think he would've got the same opportunity here?

Point is there was no need to make this signing now, where was he going to go? Who was going to poach him? A ball hasn't even been kicked and he has a new deal. He's a squad player at best, why the rush? Why not give the youngsters the opportunity to fill that depth isntead?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would be fine if this was just a depth signing, but I think C. Smith is in Pays 17.
Me too brother. My biggest fear is Smith, Britt and Stimpson will push Renouf and RFM out of the team because Pay likes that worker (plodder to us lol) type player.

I can picture Katoa with a mix of Elliot, Smith , Stimpson and Britt making up the bench which makes me want to gag.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There’s just no need for it though I doubt he’s going to get snapped up by anyone else and if he was it’s hardly the end of the world. With the stupid top 30 rule roster spots are becoming valuable and using one up so early on a player like Smith just doesn’t make sense.
I agree to certain degree.. I don't like Smith and I reckon 1 yr would have been sufficient. I think his a liability with some soft head knocks in numerous games but if his on a minimum wage for 2 yrs then is he the worst option? I want Smith and Sue gone to the ESL and replaced but what are the options?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree to certain degree.. I don't like Smith and I reckon 1 yr would have been sufficient. I think his a liability with some soft head knocks in numerous games but if his on a minimum wage for 2 yrs then is he the worst option? I want Smith and Sue gone to the ESL and replaced but what are the options?
There's plenty of options he was already contracted for 2020 so we could have seen what the likes of Doorey, Kalache and other juniors did in 20 before signing him. If no one looks up to it then sign him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's plenty of options he was already contracted for 2020 so we could have seen what the likes of Doorey, Kalache and other juniors did in 20 before signing him. If no one looks up to it then sign him.
Well if anyone steps up from the unders then they take his spot and Smith plays that depth /leader role for reserves.. I know its shit to say we wasted a spot on him but if his considered 3rd or 4th string backrower then we could probably do worse. Who knows he might continue he late form into next yr and surprise us all..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well if anyone steps up from the unders then they take his spot and Smith plays that depth /leader role for reserves.. I know its shit to say we wasted a spot on him but if his considered 3rd or 4th string backrower then we could probably do worse. Who knows he might continue he late form into next yr and surprise us all..
Lets hope that's his role because signing him this early worries me that they have him earmarked for more then a depth player.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Now that's a plan!

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our young guns need to play alongside hard nuts when they step up from 20’s
The average contract next year is around 320k so signing a guy like Smith for under $200k makes sense if it means you can afford to pay a mid tier player around $450k.
Signing Smith and Britt means you can sign a player for 600k.
IMO the players coming off contract in 2020 that are most under pressure are Tolman, Sue and RFM
Tolman because he is on big dollars, we really need a dominant front rower and he will attract interest from Super league
RFM is mid tier and plenty of talk he was close to going last year. Like Fualalo the ball is now in his court to dominate or be moved on.
Sue would be on good dollars as well. He is a tough no nonsense player but under pressure with the younger guys coming through.
3 guys that are probably costing around 1m to 1.2m that could be replaced by an 800k gun and the 2 best juniors for 400k

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
well fuck me...… we are on fire, maybe lynn got her role with the para Olympics and the bulldogs mixed up?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lets hope that's his role because signing him this early worries me that they have him earmarked for more then a depth player.
Better be.

Its pretty obvious the club has earmarked the end of 2021 to be the complete overhaul and will introduce plenty of mean names to the roster. Personally im excited to see who from this squad survives this period and joins the elite squad in 2022.

Last edited:

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
why wait til 2022 when we were out of cap trouble for 2021 and until recently only had about 6 players signed up past 2020....it keeps getting pushed back, abit like the famous "tomorrow'

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're not waiting for 2022. It's either 2021 and we go all out (enough talent to build something special imo) or we be more selective and take two to three seasons post 2020 to build something (I haven't looked that far but potentially better spine options?).