POLL on if Dogs should have made an official offer to Mitchell

Should the Dogs have made an "official offer" (as in ANY offer) to Mitchell

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Rorters piss me off no end but if they are willing to pay to move LM on what does that tell you?? He is fools gold I reckon and we should move on from him.
Hec the guy is an asset man. If he can turn up when needed he is good.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ramien and Leilua come to mind. Nothing really available for 2020 and 2021 there aren't a lot of options either. Lomax is probably next best after Latrell.
Lomax would be good man. Hec, we have a centre spot open. He would be foolish not to take it.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont even think those 3 combined are even on 800k. Theyd be on max 200k each. They take up 3 spots compared to one and are playing to their pay packet. I could have scored more points than all of them if i played for the roosters. Its not that hard when they are the best attacking team in the world with strike power across the park.
Elliott would be on decent coin because when he re-signed with us a few years ago there were a few media reports that at least a couple of other clubs were chasing him. Holland and Montoya have also had upgrades since they re-signed after playing first grade. Yes playing for the best team in the comp is a bludge - easy hey. Seriously have you ever watched Mitchell's highlights reel. He creates, he doesn't just fall over the line. He set up the winning try in the Grand Final FFS.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who knows mate. Who knows. God I hope not. Hec Holland is more of a centre than Montoya.
Maybe don’t jump to conclusions without explanation

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Elliott would be on decent coin because when he re-signed with us a few years ago there were a few media reports that at least a couple of other clubs were chasing him. Holland and Montoya have also had upgrades since they re-signed after playing first grade. Yes playing for the best team in the comp is a bludge - easy hey. Seriously have you ever watched Mitchell's highlights reel. He creates, he doesn't just fall over the line. He set up the winning try in the Grand Final FFS.
Brad - change the record mate.
Mitchell is NOT coming! Move on!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know how many of the kennelers have heard the theme tune to lamb chops play along (the song that never ends). But this thread brings it to mind.

Some people are offering decent discussions here, but a few people keep making virtually the same post which keep floating back up like a turf made of rubber.

In summary on this thread.
- I get that some people think he's worth the money he's chasing.

- I get that some people think we'll need to pay 30-40% (which is basically $200-$300k on a 700k player) more than others to lure them.

- I along with many others feel that signing him to more than a million per season is too big of a risk.

- Negotiations between him and the club stalled so they think it's too much risk also.

- Discussing other potential recruitment targets and hoping to hear from the club about it isn't really that useful because Hill stated that the club generally won't discuss their negotiations. They commented this time to end the speculation being thrown around by the media.

I know it's the off season and there isn't a lot to talk about. But hasn't this all gone on for long enough.

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know how many of the kennelers have heard the theme tune to lamb chops play along (the song that never ends). But this thread brings it to mind.

Some people are offering decent discussions here, but a few people keep making virtually the same post which keep floating back up like a turf made of rubber.

In summary on this thread.
- I get that some people think he's worth the money he's chasing.

- I get that some people think we'll need to pay 30-40% (which is basically $200-$300k on a 700k player) more than others to lure them.

- I along with many others feel that signing him to more than a million per season is too big of a risk.

- Negotiations between him and the club stalled so they think it's too much risk also.

- Discussing other potential recruitment targets and hoping to hear from the club about it isn't really that useful because Hill stated that the club generally won't discuss their negotiations. They commented this time to end the speculation being thrown around by the media.

I know it's the off season and there isn't a lot to talk about. But hasn't this all gone on for long enough.
Totally not, milk that cow until it dies!

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Im not doubting his potential. No one is doubting it. He is a freak. But if he wants to get a million a year then he needs to show that work rate before he can demand such money. He doesnt get involved enough to demand that.

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Gun shy after Foran. I ear the same situation could arise. Both great players both have had or have issues. I would be scared shitless