News Belmore Blueprint: Canterbury’s plot to rise from the ashes

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And - then the Knights went and dropped a bomb on recruitment - like many here suggest we should be doing right now. Among others they bought Klemmer, Pearce, Ponga - and still didn’t make the 8... We are on the right track.
I am happy with the guys we have recruited personally.. big Klem is a good player but he's not the sorta big dog that will take them to a premiership.. they should have thrown all their money at JWH

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well said. Going back to when we were last classed among the elite clubs, the big difference between now and then would be that we once had great people in every key position. Identification of talent, coaching staff with the ability to nurture and develop potential, people who could sell the club to potential recruits etc. I've watched as clubs headhunted some of our former scouting and coaching staff and seen the improvements that those staff bought to their new employers. Even things like having astute people like Billy Johnson in charge of our strength and conditioning played a role in keeping us at the top. It's not a coincidence that a club like Melbourne rarely reach a point where their depth players are poor or they have no talented youngsters kicking down the door to the NRL. They built their success by having the right people in every position.

It isn't an easy process to lure the best people to the club again. For the most part, the clubs who are currently employing the best staff really appreciate how valuable they are in their positions. It's a lot harder to recruit people who know how well appreciated they are.

I really hope that we get things right behind the scenes quickly. I don't think it's going to be an instant thing. But I have some confidence in our current leaders to recognise that they can't buy success just by throwing money at the roster.
They won't throw it at the roster but need to to get the best recruitment, fitness and support staff to pry them off other clubs.

Ironic?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In other words, we'll nessesssrily have to throw money at the back office and support staff to entice them.

Won't use the same logic with improving the roster?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m satisfied people on here seem to forget our teams is literally the LEAST EXPERIENCED and your squad in the nrl and we beat 4 or 4 of the top 8 teams
The players are battling hard on the field.. they started the season poor but finished admirably..

Sure some player selections and efforts deserve scrutiny but as a whole, the team performance especially the last third of the season, they deserve credit.. Cant bag them out, they clearly really put in..

And credit has to go to Pay for that.. Pays a rookie head coach, hes doing his best.. whether hes a good coach or not im not certain.. But i cant bag him out either, hes doing his best... he needs more support though around him, with good footy staff in different areas.. hopefully the club make some appointments in the off-season they are looking at it..

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are we looking at what other clubs did or are doing..
We are the mighty bulldogs, there is no other club like us...
So the roosters bought Cooper cronk,luke keary James Tedesco, when they were near the bottom the year before then they won a phucking comp......2 comps actually
Excuses is all I here

QUOTE="Howard Moon, post: 3652477, member: 25495"]exactly brother... when Knights were in a similar position they got multiple spoons and could hardly win a game.. sure it looked ominous at the beginning of the season but we were one of the form teams at the end of the season.. sure the attack needs work but the boys know how to grind teams down now, keep them to lower scores and win under different circumstances.[/QUOTE]

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robbo was a rookie coach too
How many grand finals has he won in a short space of time????
The players are battling hard on the field.. they started the season poor but finished admirably..

Sure some player selections and efforts deserve scrutiny but as a whole, the team performance especially the last third of the season, they deserve credit.. Cant bag them out, they clearly really put in..

And credit has to go to Pay for that.. Pays a rookie head coach, hes doing his best.. whether hes a good coach or not im not certain.. But i cant bag him out either, hes doing his best... he needs more support though around him, with good footy staff in different areas.. hopefully the club make some appointments in the off-season they are looking at it..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why are we looking at what other clubs did or are doing..
We are the mighty bulldogs, there is no other club like us...
So the roosters bought Cooper cronk,luke keary James Tedesco
No big deal, just bought three of the best players in the game. We operate under a salary cap that has also been reduced and don’t have the protection from the NRL and media from Nick Politis

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pure speculation mate Nick politis excuse pure speculation
In respect to our salary cap by all reports are we are even keel from 2021 with a war chest....
No big deal, just bought three of the best players in the game. We operate under a salary cap that has also been reduced and don’t have the protection from the NRL and media from Nick Politis

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pure speculation mate Nick politis excise pure speculation
Come on mate. You know better than that. If it was the dogs or parra who bought the players they buy we’d be playing for no points with a million dollar fine

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parra doing alright with their recruitment

When someone comes on here and says the roosters offered to pay latrell 350k to play with us...that's just pure speculation right.......
So back at you,"come on mate you know better than that "

Come on mate. You know better than that. If it was the dogs or parra who bought the players they buy we’d be playing for no points with a million dollar fine

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Parra doing alright with their recruitment

When someone comes on here and says the roosters offered to pay latrell 350k to play with us...that's just pure speculation right.......
So back at you,"come on mate you know better than that "
You can guarantee Parra will get done again. Comparing one rumour about Latrell to years of what Politis is linked to is a big stretch mate

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It clearly says 2021, but we are still fighting on here about poor recruitment. I think the club is building well.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And be proud we rank 5th in premierships we are a club they love to hate and a club who have fought hard and win with pride we built the dogs of war this year and it will continue, mine Tyson’s coach said losing is the best thing to happen to a team or a individual as it’s buikding character and teaching you to dig deep. We aren’t the roosters they have 13 premierships and only have them from money , ours are from a champion team not a team of talent

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How many back office roles are still not filled? Article doesn’t say (it’s old now though - August) so maybe not an accurate measurement.
I'm only going off the above comment that was made today.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
In other words, we'll nessesssrily have to throw money at the back office and support staff to entice them.

Won't use the same logic with improving the roster?
It's mental.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And be proud we rank 5th in premierships we are a club they love to hate and a club who have fought hard and win with pride we built the dogs of war this year and it will continue, mine Tyson’s coach said losing is the best thing to happen to a team or a individual as it’s buikding character and teaching you to dig deep. We aren’t the roosters they have 13 premierships and only have them from money , ours are from a champion team not a team of talent
We're a team expected to finish second last next season. No one cares about the past unless they already have an attraction to the club. If you're bringing up the past for present arguments than it just shows we aren't in a good position. We're not the Bulldogs of old but we can get back there.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Robbo was a rookie coach too
How many grand finals has he won in a short space of time????
Im not the one to make excuses.. but its apples and oranges there.. Politi$ has given Robbo the best roster in the league all those years.. SBW Jennings Maloney in 2013.. in 2018 2019 they added Tedesco Keary Cronk and Crighton SOO forward..

We are the Bulldogs, mediocrity should not be accepted.. but apart from his coaching ability (which i cannot make a call on), Pay hasnt had an easy situation in footy department.. Its far from settled..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talk is cheap lynne the fact is our recruitment has been below average even parra are making us look bog average

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Talk is cheap lynne the fact is our recruitment has been below average even parra are making us look bog average
Yep Parra are doing well in recruitment.. and thats off the back off salary cap dramas and wooden spoons..