Official Latrell Mitchell to Souths

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Latrell needs Canterbury as we nee Latrell, left centre is the position we need to fill and i feel this guy could be a 10 yr player for us

_____

Latrell signs with Rabbitohs
Author
Dan WalshNRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Mon 13 Jan 2020, 02:42 PM

Share on social media
Latrell Mitchell has been officially unveiled as South Sydney's newest star signing, bringing one of the game's most public contract sagas to an end and adding another chapter to the fabled Rabbitohs-Roosters rivalry.

Mitchell has signed a two-year deal at Redfern, starting in 2020 and with the 2021 component an option in the club's favour.

"I feel a lot clearer with what's going on, it's the longest holiday I've had," Mitchell said on Monday afternoon as he faced the media.

"I didn't want to rush anything. I love the Roosters and didn't want to regret anything.

"It was more an individual decision, I've seen the clashes between who the Rabbitohs come up against and I want to be a part of that. I want to see where Wayne can take my footy as a coach.

"Mentally I've dealt with it well for my age. Going through the stage where everyone was speculating. It hit my family the most. My mum was in tears with all the stories and that's where it hit home. That's the hardest part about all this stuff.

"I just wanted to hold off and explore everything. If I jumped into that Tigers deal I knew I would've regretted it.

"It came up to Christmas and New Year where I just needed to make a decision and get into a routine. I haven't woken up at 7.30 in a while."

Mitchell was officially released by the Roosters earlier in the day having been given a leave of absence from training and had an initial extension offer pulled off the table two months ago.

The final negotiations of Mitchell's Rabbitohs deal are understood to have been hamstrung by a push from the Roosters for compensation of the $117,000 they have paid the Test and Origin gun since November.

That demand has not been met, but sets up another mouth-watering clash between the two foundation clubs when Mitchell takes on his former teammates for the first time in round three at ANZ Stadium.

All of Latrell Mitchell's tries from 2019

All of Latrell Mitchell's tries from 2019

"It's been a long time coming, we're happy it got to this stage with the contract signed and we thank the Roosters for releasing Latrell and allowing him to get on with his football career," Richardson said.

"Latrell is a sublime talent and with the guidance of our coaching staff, senior players and mentors, we think Latrell can go to another level in the red and green.

"He has the ability to be one of the best players in the world and from our discussions with him he understands that it’s going to take a lot of hard work and effort for him to be at his best consistently and to reach his full potential.

"He will get that opportunity at the Rabbitohs, working with some wonderful mentors here in Wayne (Bennett), Jason (Demetriou), Ben (Hornby), Greg (Inglis), John (Sutton) and Sam (Burgess), and we’re really looking forward to seeing Latrell at his peak wearing the famous cardinal and myrtle jersey that so many greats of the game have worn before him."

For his part, Bennett is clearly delighted to have the opportunity to work with the two-time premiership player.

"He's a huge player for us to have and with what he's done at his age," Bennett said.

"His best football is in front of him. We all feel humbled he wants to be part of us. He didn't come for the money, he came for what it meant to him."

Mitchell echoed his new coach's comments on his motivation for joining the Rabbitohs.

"Everyone thinks I wanted to chase the money but it wasn't," he said.

"Coming out of the Roosters who gave me everything in my career I can't bring the words for the Roosters. I just want to chase something else now.

"I want to find that love for footy again. I thought my life was too structured, it was always about you've got to do this and that."

Last edited by a moderator:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Latrell needs Canterbury as we nee Latrell, left centre is the position we need to fill and i feel this guy could be a 10 yr player for us
Except he wants to play fb and earn fb money

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
RUMOURS

I agree with what you're saying even tho it isn't much... I FEEL it too

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
latrell needs a club more then we need latrell, hes burned any chance he had with the chooks and fast losing clubs with his asking price

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can we have one more thread please?

I’m sure most people agree he would be an outstanding addition. Though the only thing we don’t need is more threads on it ffs

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought this thread may of had some substance.....

I was clearly wrong.

Can we just ban all threads on Latrell Mitchell, I'm honestly sick of hearing the blokes name.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I love how Davo just waltzes on here, blissfully unaware of the discussions going on around him, and just shares his piece anyway.

Sheer arrogance. Ultimate alpha manoeuvre.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The first 2 words in Dave's post is the problem,
I don't know how much thinking actually goes on in that melon of his.
tenor.gif
I think that about sums up dave's thought process

(add lewed pictures of lindsay Collins and Kane Evans)

Last edited:

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What lydnsay Collins and Kane evens aren't good players please