News Dogs to bare teeth with $8.5 million war chest

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
22. Inglis wasn’t as good at 22 in my opinion.

Australia where shit and their pack got belted by a dominate pack.
Man go back and watch some of young inglis' moves. He glided across the ground, would step inside and palm off opposition at the same time with ease and skill. LM is all bash and barge, GI was the whole package

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This is getting boring and utterly disturbing...
We have the anti board kennelers whom right or wrong are criticizing them at every possible chance they get !
On the other hand we have the pro board kennelers that can't see through their blind support to them
After shedding almost our whole team we have lost sponsors including the major one and TPAs !
Only thing that unify us supporters is our passion for the Bulldogs !
To all I say...
Patience is a virtue but Promises must be delivered on schedule !
Our plans should always be kept secret...Especially from News Ltd !
They hate us and always worked on our demise !!!
Our foes should NEVER EVER KNOW our plans !!!
Just not too long ago we allowed the destructive outsiders like Greenturd and Hitler-Hasler and Castle
infiltrate our once supper united family club, now we are paying the price !
They tore the playing roster to shreds letting go of loyal players and signing their overpaid friends instead, destroyed our juniors system opting to go for mercenaries
Turned friends and family against each other at administration level ripping the Bulldogs family to shreds,
Yes I mean The Mortimers Andersons Hughses Kooreys Peponis Khoury Price Farrar Elias Dunn Dib
It worries me if we don't unit if we don't recognise and take advantage of the positives in all of us...we will never truly be a unified family club again.
Then I will acknowledge Greenturd & Hitler have succeeded :cry:
best post of the offseason by far

Banned
Reaction score
Newtown jets did in the late 70's with a bloke called Manfred Moore. One if Singos wild ideas..
Before my time, how did he fare?
Think they may better suit the modern game?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What ive heard is our club has been offered several players and had the chance to sign several different players all experienced both in the spine and other positions..

Pay and club are confident in the continuing development of our young spine..

This is the team he wants.. he only wants to improve the roster when the right player comes along at the right price, but hes content with this spine and wants to be patient with them..

So It looks the success of Cogger Lewis and JMK will make or break Pays tenure at the club.. If they fire he will be a genius, if they dont Pays tenure wont be a success..

At next board meeting they will decide whether or not to bring in a halves coach as theirs a few options, i havent heard who..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think in time we'll see he wasn't the answer, just my gut feel.

He's one bad turn from going off the rails, we need a stable marquee player, players like the Turbos but they were never going to leave leave Manly. We can't tie up massive amounts of money in a player that's 50/50.

Overall I think there's still some pain before we see light at the end of the tunnel.
Curtis is possibly a better match but to me, I see us in dire straights for points and he can deliver that...of whats available to a struggling club (atm) such as we are at present.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I think we need a left centre as hoppa has the right centre position tied up....it's latrell or xerri for me
Curtis is possibly a better match but to me, I see us in dire straights for points and he can deliver that...of whats available to a struggling club (atm) such as we are at present.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Guys I think we need a left centre as hoppa has the right centre position tied up....it's latrell or xerri for me
For sure but as they've said no to LM and Xerri not available for 2020, I certainly hope Hill not just sitting there reading in the paper how Ricky says he's signing Curtis :grinning:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
For sure but as they've said no to LM and Xerri not available for 2020, I certainly hope Hill not just sitting there reading in the paper how Ricky says he's signing Curtis :grinning:
These are the Centre options for 2021 (not including Latrell)
-Bird (injury prone)
-Staggs (rumoured to be negotiating a new contract with the Broncos)
-Cotric
-Wighton (marquee, too much money)
-Suli (moved on from us previously due to attitude/commitment)
-Olam (Storm already rumoured to lose their whole back line)
-Lomax (linked with the Knights)

I've left out a few others e.g. Leilua as they're below everyone on this list for me. If we're going off what's coming off contract there isn't much as is. Also if Wakeham isn't in our 13 for 2021 we don't have a goal kicker (unless we persist with Meaney which is unlikely I'd think) and Lomax and Staggs are the only goal kickers from that list.

Last edited:

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What ive heard is our club has been offered several players and had the chance to sign several different players all experienced both in the spine and other positions..

This is the team he wants.. he only wants to improve the roster when the right player comes along at the right price, but hes content with this spine and wants to be patient with them..

So It looks the success of Cogger Lewis and JMK will make or break Pays tenure at the club.. If they fire he will be a genius, if they dont Pays tenure wont be a success..

At next board meeting they will decide whether or not to bring in a halves coach as theirs a few options, i havent heard who..
So IF this is true...that means we’re chasing no-one, not even for 2021. Unless another DWZ-type signing falls out of the sky. Meaning we’re stuck with one FG centre (Hoppa) and one FG winger (Reimis), plus numpties, learners and reggies to cover the left side

And all the talk on NRL360 about signing a marquee player to mould the side around was bullshit? Or does Pay consider DWZ our marquee? (If it’s Foz, he’d better rethink that one).

So how long does the club persist with the same team? Until the end of 2021 (hence why almost no long term contracts)?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So IF this is true...that means we’re chasing no-one, not even for 2021. Unless another DWZ-type signing falls out of the sky. Meaning we’re stuck with one FG centre (Hoppa) and one FG winger (Reimis), plus numpties, learners and reggies to cover the left side

And all the talk on NRL360 about signing a marquee player to mould the side around was bullshit? Or does Pay consider DWZ our marquee? (If it’s Foz, he’d better rethink that one).

So how long does the club persist with the same team? Until the end of 2021 (hence why almost no long term contracts)?
I don't see that being the case because we'll be 2-3m under the cap. I just hope we don't leave signing players too late (panic buys). If we did go with what you're suggesting the club might be doing we'd have to front load a lot of contracts to be salary cap compliant (have to spend a certain amount). That just means we most likely won't be competitive in 2021 either. I want to be competitive for 2021 as this finals drought and lack of success in general is killing me already but they do need to get their recruitment right (and in their mind it might be better to suffer for an extra year). I do see the board being under pressure to sign players tho as if no one has been announced before election (I think someone said Feb 2020) I can see them being voted out. I really believe we already have a great base to work with and there are the right players in certain positions we can recruit to be competitive for 2021.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think what G Dog is talking about would apply for 2020 considering the roster is full except for one player. We only have 15 players contracted for 21 so it is hard to tell what they have planned.

Its all nice to talk about acquiring a marquee player but its harder to put it into practise. A lot of things have to fall into place to get them to the club.

I like the majority of players we have contracted past 21 of course there is a few I'm not keen on but that's the way it is.

Until we see the roster for 2021 its impossible to judge it one way or another.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

What I want to know is why the fuck does Pay have so much of a say in who we do and don't sign for the future when it's still uncertain whether or not he'll even be coaching beyond this season?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

We finished 12th in 2018 and 11th in 2019 with the worst attack in the comp. We just had our injury prone key half ruled out for most of the season.

But hey, why would we need to sign anyone based on those results?

I understand not wanting to blow your budget on marquee signings but if that's the tactic then you have to raid every other club for their best young talent. And that hasn't happened... With even more young stars locked up now, there will be even less talent available when they do decide to sign someone.

People say to relax and be patient and I appreciate their reasoning but when you put things together and see how other clubs are improving their squads, it's hard not to be concerned and frustrated.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We finished 12th in 2018 and 11th in 2019 with the worst attack in the comp. We just had our injury prone key half ruled out for most of the season.

But hey, why would we need to sign anyone based on those results?

I understand not wanting to blow your budget on marquee signings but if that's the tactic then you have to raid every other club for their best young talent. And that hasn't happened... With even more young stars locked up now, there will be even less talent available when they do decide to sign someone.

People say to relax and be patient and I appreciate their reasoning but when you put things together and see how other clubs are improving their squads, it's hard not to be concerned and frustrated.
This covers it pretty well.

I said earlier, we all praised retaining our talent (Remis, Dwz, wakeham etc) yet what do you think other clubs are doing? Along with adding actual talent like the matterson, marsters, Holmes, latrells, Scott’s etc etc

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Right player at the right price is exactly the words i was told.. and not in the spine.. That was the main reason they pulled out of Latrells signing..

They are confident this spine will work in the longterm as JMK Cogger Lewis still 'young' and inexperienced but improving..

My opinion is great players fire very early in their career..within 2 years of NRL you should know..

I remember from our recent greats like Sherwin and Thurston and others at other clubs, they smashed it pretty much from their start..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What I want to know is why the fuck does Pay have so much of a say in who we do and don't sign for the future when it's still uncertain whether or not he'll even be coaching beyond this season?
I dont know but most clubs give power to a coach in recruitment/retention.. probably not as much at the Rorter$..

I think there is a power vacuum.. the big ticket item to lead our club was Chris Anderson he wanted to be Bullfrog style - he knew Bullfrog very well and married his daughter.. Hes an ex coach with real football experience but from long ago.. But now hes gone.. right now its Lynne and the board, The CEO of leagues & CEO Andrew Hill..

Theres several vacanacies with unreplaced staff.. its far from a well oiled machine.. and add there is a lack of experience in running a football club with the coach as well this is his first head coach gig.. the football club staff is bare bones at moment as CA wire many hats and did many things..

GC whos the leagues club CEO tried to sign Latrell, the football club shot him down.. its an unorganised situation..

Im not blaming anyone.. but if we bring in a rookie coach, rookie admin and have roolie players ofcourse its going take time..

The question is how long a time..

Last edited: