News NRL 2020: Injured Canterbury Bulldogs playmaker Kieran Foran Sticking To His Gun’s

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The money we could pay him we could buy a half competent hooker
300k will buy you another JMK maybe. We're going to have to spend more then that. Otherwise we might as well persist with JMK and Katoa. Only good Hookers on the market are Grant, Mahoney (will cost a lot) and Turpin (already rejected us). We can make four to five signings (especially if we're not going the marquee route) and still afford to keep Foran if it was for 300k-400k. I still think it's a no brainer personally for 300k to play 1/3 of the games (possibly more, possibly less - risk worth taking imo). You don't have to agree tho.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
At $125,000 per 80mins = $1562.5 per minute so for that 15 min interview Foran earned $23,437.5. Who'd give that up?
At those rates I’d make him do an interview every day.

Actually, maybe not. Not sure what’s more excruciating to watch - him robbing our club or refusing to accept his playing days are over.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do us a deal and forget 2020 but make himself available for 2021 on the cheap or can't see him staying a Bulldog.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually, maybe not. Not sure what’s more excruciating to watch - him robbing our club or refusing to accept his playing days are over.
He'd make an excellent bank CEO, getting paid millions to rip others off.

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

He knows its over!

He is just securing his final years salary!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He'd make an excellent bank CEO, getting paid millions to rip others off.
All the while denying there’s a problem!

Looks like Westpac CEO might be in some strife - maybe Kieren can apply...

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
all foran is doing is ensuring he gets his full contract payment for this season, hes buckleys to play again, but has to show hes wanting to

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
all foran is doing is ensuring he gets his full contract payment for this season, hes buckleys to play again, but has to show hes wanting to
Exactly right.

At least the ol' Rorters leading the way again....they play Trell in reserves - fine Politis doing the honourable thing...us play Foran in reserves - all hell breaks loose and dishonourable bastards.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Exactly right.

At least the ol' Rorters leading the way again....they play Trell in reserves - fine Politis doing the honourable thing...us play Foran in reserves - all hell breaks loose and dishonourable bastards.
In defence of the Rorters though, their reserve graders are on a mil too so it's not that big a deal.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I laughed way too hard at a certain paragraph.
And when quizzed on the perception that he is 'the worst buy in NRL history' - Foran didn't shy away from the fact he hasn't delivered at Canterbury thus far, ? this one lol

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And when quizzed on the perception that he is 'the worst buy in NRL history' - Foran didn't shy away from the fact he hasn't delivered at Canterbury thus far, ? this one lol
It’s 100% the last paragraph. The one about Lewis leading the team to the finals.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
so he gets 1.2 Million $ in 2020 for playing 0 games. So how about he donates 500K back to the dogs to give him an extra year extension so he can play more than 0 games in 2021? Seem's logical to me.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But bradyk insures us delusional penguins to keep a top flight half like foran, who only misses 1 third of games, out an out freak he is, most clubs will get him for a dollar eighty, but in our circumstaneces we need to upgrade him because he is taking us to the promise land..........well fuck me

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets upgrade deano too, lyn anderson won her seat on the back of everyone thinking the great c anderson will take us back 35 years. Look how that turned out. Now we have a 70 year old woman possibly riddled with Alzheimer's or something.
Showing us the bulldog way. I dont remember bullfrog putting his old lady in charge.
Any of u that vote have to put an end to this bull shit. Where going nowwhere any time soon, not next year, or the year after, or the year after that. Know one seems to care about her past failures, she has bulldog dna. Well fuck me
People can harp on me about being negative or not a true fan, or why we had to pay overs for lyn, its all nonsence, we got rid of the last board, good ok. But this board has shown through there own businesses they cannot handle money or even a bloody pie that is to warm...........,....
Roosters board versus lyn anderson lol. Anyone thinks we will play in a grand final next decade is off there head.
I could run a better show but im a bit ruthless and mad apparently.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
But bradyk insures us delusional penguins to keep a top flight half like foran, who only misses 1 third of games, out an out freak he is, most clubs will get him for a dollar eighty, but in our circumstaneces we need to upgrade him because he is taking us to the promise land..........well fuck me
For 300k. How is that an upgrade? This is what I'd do, what you and the club want don't need to match. Foran and Lewis and if Foran is out Wakeham. For another one to two years. Have you seen what's on the market?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lets upgrade deano too, lyn anderson won her seat on the back of everyone thinking the great c anderson will take us back 35 years. Look how that turned out. Now we have a 70 year old woman possibly riddled with Alzheimer's or something.
Showing us the bulldog way. I dont remember bullfrog putting his old lady in charge.
Any of u that vote have to put an end to this bull shit. Where going nowwhere any time soon, not next year, or the year after, or the year after that. Know one seems to care about her past failures, she has bulldog dna. Well fuck me
People can harp on me about being negative or not a true fan, or why we had to pay overs for lyn, its all nonsence, we got rid of the last board, good ok. But this board has shown through there own businesses they cannot handle money or even a bloody pie that is to warm...........,....
Roosters board versus lyn anderson lol. Anyone thinks we will play in a grand final next decade is off there head.
Some fair and not so fair comments.
But that’s cool.

Regardless - who’s going to run against them in February? I don’t even see a rival ticket forming unless Ray wants back in and I think he’s no chance with the voting members.

So who?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
John ballesty is on the board
He ran the league's club through some of its most successful years.
Might look at strengthening the board with Gary McIntyre maybe? He nearly got us to the promised land....our own stadium

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is any truth that the board is split , then maybe some existing board members may form their own ticket ? Maybe?
Some fair and not so fair comments.
But that’s cool.

Regardless - who’s going to run against them in February? I don’t even see a rival ticket forming unless Ray wants back in and I think he’s no chance with the voting members.

So who?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
John ballesty is on the board
He ran the league's club through some of its most successful years.
Might look at strengthening the board with Gary McIntyre maybe? He nearly got us to the promised land....our own stadium
There's still at least one position open if I'm not mistaken - resignations were C. Anderson, S. Mortimer (leaves at the election), S. Price.
Replacements have been P. Mortimer and J. Thomas. That leaves at least one seat open...as to whether we should consider back to the future or some fresh blood I don't feel strongly either way, as long as they're a suitable candidate...