Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No and he had meetings with the Cowboys (Green) recently (spotted/photos taken). So he isn't 100% on the Tigers.
He better hurry up before the school holidays kick in

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He better hurry up before the school holidays kick in
Roosters are pushing him because they want to be able to use his money. Threatening to play him in reserves if he doesn't hurry up.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No and he had meetings with the Cowboys (Green) recently (spotted/photos taken). So he isn't 100% on the Tigers.
Valentine Holmes is the million dollar fullback at the cowboys.

So ye, most likely tiger bound but I suspect souths will do a sneaky offer

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree, a brilliant player and I loved watching him, but I get the feeling he's playing the Tigers waiting for lol@souffs to get their Burgess money to offer him. And from everything I've read and heard, he's high maintenance off the field, so its a big risk.

No idea about Souths & Mitchell? He would be a good fit for both clubs.
As to being "high maintenance" he is not the only one I'm sure and in reality I suspect a lot of that is a beat-up. Head coaches have to be good man managers, it's a very big part of their job, so Wayne could best for him?
In terms of his football ability, I don't think he is any risk at all.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Valentine Holmes is the million dollar fullback at the cowboys.

So ye, most likely tiger bound but I suspect souths will do a sneaky offer
Tigers and Rabbitohs (?) really cucked us with medically retiring players. It was looking like we were going to get Latrell with Roosters chipping in a bit at one point... (which is crazy and I don't really want to believe it). Now we can't even be competitive pursing him.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tigers and Rabbitohs (?) really cucked us with medically retiring players. It was looking like we were going to get Latrell with Roosters chipping in a bit at one point... (which is crazy and I don't really want to believe it). Now we can't even be competitive pursing him.
Half of our board and the coach did not want him...Even with the Rorters paying $350k for 2020 season :smirk::confused:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm annoyed that the NRL is likely to only grant us $350k dispensation with foran. I ask the league to find us an international spine player for that amount and I'll take him.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We're crazy for not looking for the opportunity to pounce on this. Board is timid as fuk.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Half of our board and the coach did not want him...Even with the Rorters paying $350k for 2020 season :smirk::confused:
If that's true that's very telling. And no doubt telling will have two very distinct camps!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s the case at all the club just didn’t want him. They dipped their toe in the water and for what ever reason they didn’t like what they saw.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fair enough, they didn't want him. Mind boggling to me when a game changer comes up like that but so be it.

Time will tell on how he goes away from the Rorters but when he next plays against us, and them, look out me thinks :grinning:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roosters don't let "marquee" players go without a reason. If they really wanted or needed him they would have found a way to keep him by now. If they are so happy to let him walk it makes you have to have a think.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well this hasn't exactly panned out as Mitchell and his cadre of advisors would have foreseen. No scramble for his sig, no feeding frenzy, no beating down his door with ever increasing offers. Only two clubs showing interest and one of those was using him to secure another player!

Has to be a lesson in there somewhere.
Don't piss off uncle Nick or he will drag your name through the mud...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Roosters don't let "marquee" players go without a reason. If they really wanted or needed him they would have found a way to keep him by now. If they are so happy to let him walk it makes you have to have a think.
I think the answer is that he dared to check his value and they had 2 young guns ready to go so they locked them in and Uncle Nick then went about destroying Lattrells world through his media leeches. That's how I lean on it all!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're crazy for not looking for the opportunity to pounce on this. Board is timid as fuk.
It's pretty disappointing but also not surprising at all. Latrell is overpriced but so is everyone else. That's just the market... Arrow at 900k is crazy money also. The Warriors offered Dylan Brown around 700k before he had even played a FG game!

Considering dozens of good young players have re-signed or signed elsewhere in the last few weeks, by the time the club finally decides to spend some cash, no one worthwhile will be left to sign and they'll have to overpay for mediocre players with more panic buys like Napa.

It's frustrating that we'll have several million to spend after locking up our own players and we're letting minnows like the Tigers and Cowboys out recruit us and sign genuine talent while our club passes on everyone because our squad is clearly so great and doesn't require improving...

Last edited:

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would sign this kid he needs a strong club and we need a left centre

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's pretty disappointing but also not surprising at all. Latrell is overpriced but so is everyone else. That's just the market... Arrow at 900k is crazy money also. The Warriors offered Dylan Brown around 700k before he had even played a FG game!

Considering dozens of good young players have re-signed or signed elsewhere in the last few weeks, by the time the club finally decides to spend some cash, no one worthwhile will be left to sign and they'll have to overpay for mediocre players with more panic buys like Napa.

It's frustrating that we'll have several million to spend after locking up our own players and we're letting minnows like the Tigers and Cowboys out recruit us and sign genuine talent while our club passes on everyone because our squad is clearly so great and doesn't require improving...
Yep, I can understand intial hesitation from our guys about LM BUT in watching the thing play out I think a smart operator would jump in now with a reasonable offer 750k, 900k & 900k and grab the kid. I think we need him and he needs us.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep, I can understand intial hesitation from our guys about LM BUT in watching the thing play out I think a smart operator would jump in now with a reasonable offer 750k, 900k & 900k and grab the kid. I think we need him and he needs us.
I agree with what you said earlier. Those at the club and even Pays selections and coaching style... They're all so scared to fail and lose their jobs that they won't take any chances to try and go to the next level. It's as if they've accepted mediocrity and just hope that it will all magically sort itself out.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If that's true that's very telling. And no doubt telling will have two very distinct camps!
As I have always said... time will tell !
One thing puzzles me...Mundine and someone else pursuing him for us months ago, lately he is saying Littrell will go for the highest bidder, What changed ???

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with what you said earlier. Those at the club and even Pays selections and coaching style... They're all so scared to fail and lose their jobs that they won't take any chances to try and go to the next level. It's as if they've accepted mediocrity and just hope that it will all magically sort itself out.
Well they will lose there jobs if they don't sign any marquee players soon.