Dogs want to sign Joey Leilua

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Be happy with not signing anyone that names in the headline in this thread.
I know you don’t like him mate... haha I’m trying to look at the positives and he busts tackles and is an upgrade on who we got.... unless one of the young guys has a break out season I think we still need a centre. Either pay overs for some one like Latrell or take a risk on someone like BJ...

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know you don’t like him mate... haha I’m trying to look at the positives and he busts tackles and is an upgrade on who we got.... unless one of the young guys has a break out season I think we still need a centre. Either pay overs for some one like Latrell or take a risk on someone like BJ...
Allgood mate, I think paying overs for LM is a hell of a lot better than paying anything for BJ, which whatever it is will be overs imo :-)
And rather promote our guys than take that risk on BJ, pretty much my main point on this.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Board is going through the cupboard looking to see what coupons we have.... I’m scared we will end up with him as a marque signing..... how the mighty have fallen

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Leilua will be even fatter in 12 months. It's cold in Canberra the amount of pies & hotdogs Leilua will put away during the season would put Sam Kasiano's McDonald & Kebab eating to shame.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Leilua will be even fatter in 12 months. It's cold in Canberra the amount of pies & hotdogs Leilua will put away during the season would put Sam Kasiano's McDonald & Kebab eating to shame.
His weight is a big problem no doubt... but he’s got a lot more to offer then Holland or Montoya that’s why I wouldn’t complain. Obviously there is a stack of guys that make more sense but we don’t seem to be able to land anyone yet...

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His weight is a big problem no doubt... but he’s got a lot more to offer then Holland or Montoya that’s why I wouldn’t complain. Obviously there is a stack of guys that make more sense but we don’t seem to be able to land anyone yet...
This would be a Napa situation all over again. We need to be patient and ensure that we get value for lineup and don’t make signings just for the sake of it. Raiders might not even be able to sign Scott if they don’t move Leilua first.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why do we make fun of people's grammar? If you can figure out what he's saying that's all that matters. If not then ignore or say otherwise.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we cant get lomax, id throw a lifeline to nene macdonald im sure he would like a another crack, would be a cheap pickup.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why do we make fun of people's grammar? If you can figure out what he's saying that's all that matters. If not then ignore or say otherwise.
I don't want to contribute to the grammar wars you've kicked off, but personally I appreciate a lack of bad grammar. It tells me the person has the potential for developed thought, not just reflexive thought. It tells me the person pays attention to detail, which in turn tells me that they may have a contribution worth taking note of. Of course learning difficulties can make it difficult for some of us, but I find that most of the time people who don't take the time to ensure that their written communication has at least passable grammar are also the people who think their every opinion has a higher value than 24 carat gold and whose only concern is to make sure as many people as possible are exposed to it.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we cant get lomax, id throw a lifeline to nene macdonald im sure he would like a another crack, would be a cheap pickup.
Nene on minimum wage as backup would not be a bad idea, If he has overcome his issues.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't want to contribute to the grammar wars you've kicked off, but personally I appreciate a lack of bad grammar. It tells me the person has the potential for developed thought, not just reflexive thought. It tells me the person pays attention to detail, which in turn tells me that they may have a contribution worth taking note of. Of course learning difficulties can make it difficult for some of us, but I find that most of the time people who don't take the time to ensure that their written communication has at least passable grammar are also the people who think their every opinion has a higher value than 24 carat gold and whose only concern is to make sure as many people as possible are exposed to it.
Spot on

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From radrada to nene, again why waste the money when you can buy the best , it all adds up.....a couple hundred for Chris Smith, a couple hundred for nene....sure we don't do our recruiting at Farmington markets of a Saturday...typically around lunchtime
Nene on minimum wage as backup would not be a bad idea, If he has overcome his issues.

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From radrada to nene, again why waste the money when you can buy the best , it all adds up.....a couple hundred for Chris Smith, a couple hundred for nene....sure we don't do our recruiting at Farmington markets of a Saturday...typically around lunchtime
Big difference from $1 mil for Radradra to start and $100k for Nene as back up.

We still have a Canterbury cup team to field. Not every signing is about FG

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big difference in results too...

We finish bottom 4, roosters win comps with signing marquees, cronk, keary, Tedesco.....and you wanna us to sign nene...pull your head in

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You talk about him being a good back up...for whom ..

Our star studded backline , Christian Crichton or nick meaney or Montoya or Holland, okunbur ...

Mate they are all back up players as far as I'm concerned....back up.for no one, because we don't have any class players

We still have a Canterbury cup team to field. Not every signing is about FG

Status
Not open for further replies.