News New Sponsor for Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Haha this is the same article I was referencing. Opened it on Facebook and had no link at all... So unless they read my comment and updated it will still be the same so yeah no link or logo = fail
Oh I’m sure the clubs media department read your comment and scrambled - after they finished re-arranging their sock drawers.

Link works fine on LinkedIn.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Given our recent salary cap woes, landing someone like Purina as our main sponsor would be a total hoot.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Similar to the way Steggles sponsors the chooks, there must be some good matches out there.

The Broncos or Cowboys could be sponsored by RM Williams, Panthers by Scoop Away kitty litter, Sharks by John West, Souths by Colgate, and naturally the refs could be sponsored by either Specsavers or Ladbrokes

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Oh I’m sure the clubs media department read your comment and scrambled - after they finished re-arranging their sock drawers.

Link works fine on LinkedIn.
You can twist it all you like man... But if this supposed linkedin link work and has the logo amongst other things then why aren't the others the same ? Simple answer unprofessionalism. you can try deflect it on to me all you like I don't care at all lol. But yeah the club may have used LinkedIn more effectively given that's our advertisement platform to ask for sponsors now lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You can twist it all you like man... But if this supposed linkedin link work and has the logo amongst other things then why aren't the others the same ? Simple answer unprofessionalism. you can try deflect it on to me all you like I don't care at all lol. But yeah the club may have used LinkedIn more effectively given that's our advertisement platform to ask for sponsors now lol
There’s no twisting or deflecting.

The true answer is you don’t know the reasons for why they’ve done what they’ve done and you’re shooting in the dark.

I wish someone would change the record.
So over The Bleaters...

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Without sounding too negative but why were broncos allowed to change the “red” colour of the Kia logo on their jersey yet the dogs got stuck with “red” on a blue and white jersey?

does that show weakness from management or strength of broncos negotiating ???

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Without sounding too negative but why were broncos allowed to change the “red” colour of the Kia logo on their jersey yet the dogs got stuck with “red” on a blue and white jersey?

I still didn't see why there was so much outrage over the logo being red on our jersey TBH. I always thought it looked fine - Mitsubishi's logo was also red. Black logo also looks better on gronkos - the red just wouldn't work.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I still didn't see why there was so much outrage over the logo being red on our jersey TBH. I always thought it looked fine - Mitsubishi's logo was also red. Black logo also looks better on gronkos - the red just wouldn't work.
Maybe because Mitsubishi had black writing and only the smaller logo was red - less impact.
I just think the sponsor looks better blue or black or maybe even grey - better use of the palette.
At the end of the day the club has to make a commercial decision so if someone is waving a fat cheque but saying you can't change my logo colours, they're hardly going to turn it down.

I don't think the Ponies got black because they negotiated it - red just wouldn't have the right cut-through on their jersey and KIA know that.
All major companies have a black or greyscale version of their logo in their brand pack for where there's no other choice - but the master brand prevails where it can.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Nah there’s way too many factors to make a judgement.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
agree with u to an extent, however a blue Kia logo would’ve looked heaps better imo

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Over the colour of a logo?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

It was a Castle backdown originally but it should’ve been fixed after that unless the agreement was ongoing

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It was a Castle backdown originally but it should’ve been fixed after that unless the agreement was ongoing
Really? For a premium or just to get the deal done?
Like I said above, you're not going to knock back the cheque over it, but you've gotta protect your own brand as much as your sponsor's brand, so I'd like to think they paid a premium to get things totally their way.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Really? For a premium or just to get the deal done?
Like I said above, you're not going to knock back the cheque over it, but you've gotta protect your own brand as much as your sponsor's brand, so I'd like to think they paid a premium to get things totally their way.
An initial agreement was made with Kia. There was backlash from fans and she promised the logo would be changed for the second year of the sponsorship but Kia refused to budge

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
An initial agreement was made with Kia. There was backlash from fans and she promised the logo would be changed for the second year of the sponsorship but Kia refused to budge
So lose lose - didn’t get the premium nor the logo changed. Sigh.

Doesn’t appear to be doing much better at RA.

Anyway, those days are all behind us. Onwards!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
She never promised it was getting changed after the first year just that it was something they would look at.

She said that at a members forum and it was probably Castle just saying what the crowd wanted to hear.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So lose lose - didn’t get the premium nor the logo changed. Sigh.

Doesn’t appear to be doing much better at RA.

Anyway, those days are all behind us. Onwards!
She’s hopeless and I saw today there were calls for her to get the boot from RA too