Level 2 water restrictions

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Level 2 water restrictions in Sydney .

Now isn't this ridiculous ?

How can councils agree to develop land to very tight density ie units and small blocks to cram as much people in and increase their rates revenue yet not spend a cent on infrastructure to provide additional water supply?

Of course there is a drain on water when 10s of thousands of homes and units are being erected but with no change to the supply of water .

Now I cannot water my garden or wash my car.

Stick it in your bum I say.

If a council wants to jam up the suburbs and roads with more housing and additional rates they should reduce rates for existing tenancies due to the degradation of existing infrastructure.

Sydney should be considered full and for more housing, build it somewhere else. When it's not so dense. Just ridiculous to put the water restrictions up when they create the problem as much as the lack of rain.

So I can't wash my car but I can take it to a car wash? Don't they use as much water as I would? Maybe more?

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be the best post you've done brother...
All jokes aside, the amount of units going up in sydney is a joke

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Another thing you didn’t factor these new high rise apartments going up all have a concrete base foundation.
What is one of the key ingredients to concrete?
You guessed it! WATER!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Boo hoo - some minor inconvenience to go along with you being triggered by fire warnings.

This shit gives city people a bad name for being a bunch of without a clue whiners.

Commercial car wash places should be recycling water.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Boo hoo - some minor inconvenience to go along with you being triggered by fire warnings.

This shit gives city people a bad name for being a bunch of without a clue whiners.

I agree, with the key word being 'should' ;)

As for Sydney, we are so over-populated it's not funny. We cannot afford to house anymore residents in this city, and the 1000+ migrants we get every week needs to stop.

My solution? Take a leaf out of China's book and build a ghost city somewhere coastal OUTSIDE NSW (perhaps SA or WA), and offer incentives to move there and start-up such as cheap rent for the first year, no doubt housing will be dirt cheap, just absolutely concrete a big patch of red-dirt up along a coast. Make it big enough to house a few million people with room for growth and guaranteed jobs, and bang! All new immigrants have an affordable place to live and a job.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree, with the key word being 'should' ;)

As for Sydney, we are so over-populated it's not funny. We cannot afford to house anymore residents in this city, and the 1000+ migrants we get every week needs to stop.

My solution? Take a leaf out of China's book and build a ghost city somewhere coastal OUTSIDE NSW (perhaps SA or WA), and offer incentives to move there and start-up such as cheap rent for the first year, no doubt housing will be dirt cheap, just absolutely concrete a big patch of red-dirt up along a coast. Make it big enough to house a few million people with room for growth and guaranteed jobs, and bang! All new immigrants have an affordable place to live and a job.
How dare you say we can’t take in 1000 new immigrants a week you racist! Lol.

Even though you’re probably another 1st generation born Australian to migrant parents?
It’s funny I’ve even worked with guys who’ve immigrated here from Iraq and they don’t agree with our immigration laws!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
First thing I thought of was my fkn grasssssss. Going to Bunnings to get a wetting agent tonight.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How dare you say we can’t take in 1000 new immigrants a week you racist! Lol.

Even though you’re probably another 1st generation born Australian to migrant parents?
It’s funny I’ve even worked with guys who’ve immigrated here from Iraq and they don’t agree with our immigration laws!
Well it’s more about the facilities and infrastructure that our city just can’t handle anymore. I’m all for more people, more jobs and a stronger economy, but it needs to be capped somewhere.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The city of Sydney should be considered full no ifs or buts

Unless the infrustructure can handle it, should be a big no to construction of further housing and units.

Yet councils have the nerve to demand car parking spots be built for commercial developments dependant upon the size, amount of people the project will cater. But they ignore the water drain.

What about the water supply ! The roads!! The air quality that you are degrading.

There was a university study that said in 15 years we would double our population in australia..

So where is the Infrustructure spend. ??

The water supply is already stressed... = No more units / housing..

I say stuff em, wash your cars and driveways, not eat less because they want to ram more people in.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Out where I'm living I couldn't be fucked watering my yard or washing my car anyway. It's so dry that your car is continually covered in dust as soon as you clean it. Soon as their is a tiny bit of breeze the dust is everywhere. Lawn and gardens are dead because again, it's so dry and hot no matter how hard you try to maintain it it's just burning out. I think we are about to be put on restrictions soon too anyway.

Edit: just checked we are on level 3 water restrictions.

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it’s more about the facilities and infrastructure that our city just can’t handle anymore. I’m all for more people, more jobs and a stronger economy, but it needs to be capped somewhere.
We have huge land in Australia.. build the infrustructure and spread it out ... Develop Goulburn , back up the central coast, push inland to Bathurst.. build the dams, build the roads that's what the government should be doing, not allow greasy blokes to make a profit building shit quality high density units on tiny blocks, make the city of Sydney shit and cram people in on top to drain the water. Did the greasy guy contribute to increasing the supply of water

You put an airport in western Sydney, where is the additional water infrustructure to service that and all the businesses and thousands of homes to be built. Where is it?

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's inevitable that Sydney was going to face tighter water restrictions eventually. We're hopefully towards the end of one of the most severe droughts in our history. Building more dams isn't a good solution right now as filling them is still an issue we can't solve.

We're on level 4 restrictions where I live and one of the highest water intensive industries was recently given the opportunity to tap our water supply. That was around 5 months ago. Prior to them getting access we were on level 1 and the forecast for how long our water would last was good. So it's not coincidental that in the subsequent months our very stable water supply has been dropping at a hugely increased rate.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Meanwhile, most farmers countrywide have had barely any rain for years. There livelihoods gone, livestock dead, futures in doubt. But poor ol blueboost cant wash his Camry. The world's gone insane. Surely he can wash his Camry??!!!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If this is t the best post you’ve done, I will give it away

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have huge land in Australia.. build the infrustructure and spread it out ... Develop Goulburn , back up the central coast, push inland to Bathurst.. build the dams, build the roads that's what the government should be doing, not allow greasy blokes to make a profit building shit quality high density units on tiny blocks, make the city of Sydney shit and cram people in on top to drain the water. Did the greasy guy contribute to increasing the supply of water

You put an airport in western Sydney, where is the additional water infrustructure to service that and all the businesses and thousands of homes to be built. Where is it?
Dam the top end terraform the guts of Australia ,build new cities and high speed rail

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So where I am we are on level 3 water restrictions I just found out.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're on level 4 restrictions where I live and one of the highest water intensive industries was recently given the opportunity to tap our water supply. That was around 5 months ago. Prior to them getting access we were on level 1 and the forecast for how long our water would last was good. So it's not coincidental that in the subsequent months our very stable water supply has been dropping at a hugely increased rate.
Alan79 makes the perfect example. The infrustructure was sufficient but they pushed the drain on the water supply and now they are in trouble.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
In other news my water pipes are busted.
We have a temporary hose connected to the busted pipe and the water board said we don't have to pay a water bill until the problem is fixed!
Thats right, during precious water restrictions I now get to have free showers.

The guy from the water board reckons its going to take 6 weeks?

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
1. There was an upgrade to the water system, it's called the Kurnell desalination plant.
2. My understanding is a lot of Sydney's waste water is now recycled as grey water, same with storm runoff.
3. If anything, by global standards Sydney is underpopulated when utilising scales of people per square kilometre.
4. New developments require better water utilisation than traditional properties - part of the reason there's a push to demolish and rebuild.
5. You live under a bridge Troll, surely you don't need more water?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So what can't we do on level 2?
Does that mean Souffs fans can't have their yearly shower?