News NRL 2020: Injured Canterbury Bulldogs playmaker Kieran Foran Sticking To His Gun’s

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm so over it... Just enjoy your $1.2 million superannuation that Des handed you and stop talking so much in the media.

I can't believe anyone is suggesting to re-sign him for any price. If we can't get any compensation for him, I want him released as soon as possible. I want any lingering stench from him and Des removed from the club completely. The sooner, the better.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normally I would love such belief but this **** needs to be taken to a loony bin. What was that figure recently per game 122k mark? By this time next year after no-more game it will look even more ridiculous. I just have this terrible feeling these guys in charge will sign him on again too, you just watch! I'm actually growing hatred for the **** when I always respected him.
Best post I've read on the Foran saga so far.
O Lord some on here still thinking that he should be re-signed abit for a lower amount. If his shoulder gets fixed something else will break down, FORAN IS A WRECK FULLSTOP.
If he sincerely (sincerely been the operative word) thinks that he can play on, he is as stupid as those on here who suggest that he should be resigned.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Des is so stupid he might take him if we pay half

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Best post I've read on the Foran saga so far.
O Lord some on here still thinking that he should be re-signed abit for a lower amount. If his shoulder gets fixed something else will break down, FORAN IS A WRECK FULLSTOP.
If he sincerely (sincerely been the operative word) thinks that he can play on, he is as stupid as those on here who suggest that he should be resigned.
No brainer to re-sign him between close to minimum wage and a small contract. It'll just depend on this price. Anything 300k or less 100% for me. 400k pushing it. We're only frustrated because he's on 1.2m. I think it's crazy to not want to sign him regardless of the price.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No brainer to re-sign him between close to minimum wage and a small contract. It'll just depend on this price. Anything 300k or less 100% for me. 400k pushing it. We're only frustrated because he's on 1.2m. I think it's crazy to not want to sign him regardless of the price.
Give me 200k & I’ll sit on the bench in a sling or moonboot. I’m at the games anyway so may as well

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Give me 200k & I’ll sit on the bench in a sling or moonboot. I’m at the games anyway so may as well
Difference is he's one of the best Five-Eighths in the game and you're nothing. Even for 1/3 of the season for that price I think he has a place. If his luck turns even better.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Difference is he's one of the best Five-Eighths in the game and you're nothing. Even for 1/3 of the season for that price I think he has a place. If his luck turns even better.
So you want to gamble in case we get lucky? I’m nothing hahaha you don’t even know me mate. He’s busted mate. I’d have him coach the halves but including next year how many games has he averaged since leaving Manly?

Banned
Reaction score
We needs to resign Foran ASAP... as our physio.
Surely by now he is semi qualified as one!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So you want to gamble in case we get lucky? I’m nothing hahaha you don’t even know me mate. He’s busted mate. I’d have him coach the halves but including next year how many games has he averaged since leaving Manly?
I think he's 100% worth 300k to play 1/3 of a season. Anything better is a bonus. I think it will be 26/75? Which is 1/3.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm a bit over hearing all of this. If Foran isn't getting advised to retire by his doctors he's got every right to try to return. His form when fit was good. Unfortunately for the club our previous board took an expensive gamble that we're still paying for.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think he's 100% worth 300k to play 1/3 of a season. Anything better is a bonus. I think it will be 26/75? Which is 1/3.
Does that include next year where he sits the whole season out? What about games he’s limped off in. There must be 10 of them. No more guesses. Show me actual stats please

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like how he admits he hasn't been bang for buck and even says we'll see how passionate he is for the game when he takes a pay cut for his new contract.

But what about us? He's not passionate about the Bulldogs and we all know he'll be playing for the Sea Eagles in 2021 at a bargain price tag.

Once again the joke's on us.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine if he goes back to Manly and wins a comp

Fk Des

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Kieran Foran sticking to his guns"? Please use them to shoot him and put us out of our misery.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here:
That’s a bulldog attitude there. Sign him up for 1 year less money say $250k-$400k have incentives in his contract . see how he holds up. He is too good not too. Premiership is beckoning

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
What a flop he knows he won’t be playing for us next year but still wants to play on .
That’s a top line selfish ****, we should just cut him lose now let him pay for his own surgery and rehab.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here:
That’s a bulldog attitude there. Sign him up for 1 year less money say $250k-$400k have incentives in his contract . see how he holds up. He is too good not too. Premiership is beckoning
Offer to pay him per full game played and see how he likes that

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t give a fuck where he goes but if he goes to des and becomes successful I can’t stand to hear the media bullshit , they suck des off metaphorically by writing papers about dessie this and dessie that but completely ignore the fact the **** cooked 2 clubs with bsck ended contracts and has 2 players on the team in walker and fainu who have been charged for very serious offences but hey! It’s manly not the dogs.. literally if there was a bank robbery and a bulldogs player did his banking there then they would put our name all through it

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
File this in the ‘Mark My Words’ thread and see what Foran has to say in August 2020 when he’s just about got all his money:

‘The recovery hasn’t quite gone to plan, has taken longer than hoped and as much as I hate to accept this, I’m taking Doctor’s advice and today announcing my retirement - but it was never about the money’...
And ....Prodical Premiership Half Ol Boy Feiran Foran Returns to Manly.

"I'm very happy to announce that Dessie Hasler has kindly invited me to join his coaching staff *sincere smile* the old band in getting back together".

"Canterbury? Canterbury who? The blue and white team? Oh Bulldogs? Yes well I'd like to thank them for the 3 mill and the 24 games over 3 years I played for them".