News Kieran Foran vows to return despite debilitating shoulder injury

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kieran Foran may be sidelined yet again due to a serious shoulder injury, but he is far from ready to declare his NRL career over.

Since joining the Canterbury Bulldogs, Foran has appeared in just 26 of a possible 48 NRL games as he has struggled with a variety of injuries.

The Kiwi playmaker is set to miss the rest of the 2020 season as he rehabs the shoulder he injured on his return to the New Zealand Test side, but is steadfast in his belief that he will ultimately return to the field.
"I haven't achieved what I want to achieve in rugby league yet. I love the game, it's the only thing I've ever done my whole life.

"Until I've got no choice but to walk away I'm not going to walk away."

Foran's shoulder surgery is remarkably his 10th separate surgery since 2016, but the 29-year-old playmaker insists that his self-belief has allowed him to persist through the constant struggles.

"As athletes you always have moments of doubt and question," he said.

"My belief systems are really strong and I believe that it's eventually going to turn for me.

"I know that if I put in the hard work and put in the effort, I've got to get the rewards eventually. That's what I'm holding onto."

Foran's injury struggles throughout his career have resulted in him being the posterboy of bad NRL contracts, and he says he is well aware that his days of being a million-dollar man in the NRL are over.

"I haven't produced bang for buck and I've spend more time on the sidelines than I have out on the field, but by no means do you sign a contract with the mentality of sitting out on the sidelines," he said.

"I've already accepted that. I've acknowledged it. It is what it is. You'll see just how much I love this game when the time comes."

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok Fozzy :tongueclosed: body’s GONE mate..!!