News Kieran Foran defiant as Bulldogs demand answers from NRL

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Club needs to submit Foran to a science lab to discover the biological components for determination, and figure out how to inject it into the rest of the team. Would set a new record for least points against in a season...

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Judging by what he had to say to Widler on Ch 9 just now, Foran is expecting his next contract to be very small in comparison to his current contract. He stated that he wants to play on because he loves the game, and "when I sign my next contract people will find out how much I love the game", apparently making the argument that the small size of his next contract will prove that he is carrying on for the sake of playing at the top level.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Judging by what he had to say to Widler on Ch 9 just now, Foran is expecting his next contract to be very small in comparison to his current contract. He stated that he wants to play on because he loves the game, and "when I sign my next contract people will find out how much I love the game", apparently making the argument that the small size of his next contract will prove that he is carrying on for the sake of playing at the top level.
He knows he won’t get anything other than a Shitty contract
If you love the game so much, take a pay cut for this season tiger
Really my opinion of Foran has done a full 180

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id sign him for $300k with incentives for the more games played even of he playes 12-14 games thats ok at those $$ plus help our young halves develop but any higher tataa

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What got me about the interview was he stated "footy is the only thing I know"

This just screams out he has no plan after footy life and just clinging to footy for the pay packet

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

This just screams out he has no plan after footy life and just clinging to footy for the pay packet
I noticed that too, might work out for him if he can coach though.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Especially when he invested most of his pay into Queen of the Nile up until a few years ago.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im amazed he thinks there is a next contract, deluded

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe that he really thinks that he can play on. I believe that he is saying that because it will strengthened his position of claiming the full amount of his 2020 contract.
He must know that if he is paid his contract money he will hurt our club cap, where as if he is paid the same amount via medical retirement (insurance) it would not effect our clubs cap for 2020.
I am starting to think that he only has contempt for our club, and if he was to be declared medically fit to play at some stage during the 2020 season, our club should not play him in any capacity.

Banned
Reaction score
As i expressed earlier, I feel the club may open themselves to a future liability suit if they allow him to ever play again!
The club needs to communicate this to him, with some old timers expressing that destroying your body for the rest of your life over footy isn't worth it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

That's the scary thing. He's so delusional about footy because he's refusing to acknowledge the reality of his body failing him or what life holds for him after footy.

He's clearly concerned about how he'll potentially go off the rails again once he retires because he won't be around the game anymore.

So the answer to that is retire, get paid as much as an assistant coach as he would as a minimum wage, broken down footballer and that way you're still around the game you love so much... And hey, he might even be able to walk or move his arms in the future if he retires before it's too late!