Pre-season training

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club put up a interview with Joe Stimson after his first few days and it is a concern that he said the fitness drills are so different to Melbourne. I'm not saying we should be copying the Storm exactly but our previous pre-season's under Pay have involved lots of long distance running and lots of clubs stopped training this way years ago. Our fitness has been a problem at the season since Pay arrived but it doesn't look like anything has changed unfortunately.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/11/20/stimson-checks-in-at-belmore/

Last edited:

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
The club put up a interview with Joe Stimson after his fist few days and it was a concern that he said the fitness drills was so different to Melbourne. I'm not saying we should be copying the Storm exactly but our previous pre-season's under Pay have involved lots of long distance running and lots of clubs stopped training this way years ago. Our fitness has been a problem at the season since Pay arrived but it doesn't look like anything has changed unfortunately.

I see what your saying but he also said how fit the squad was and how impressed with their fitness he was when they played Melb last year...

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately it means sh!t all for our club. We are way behind other clubs in regards to this. The way we start the season really says it all. We look gassed 3/4 through the game.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club put up a interview with Joe Stimson after his fist few days and it was a concern that he said the fitness drills was so different to Melbourne. I'm not saying we should be copying the Storm exactly but our previous pre-season's under Pay have involved lots of long distance running and lots of clubs stopped training this way years ago. Our fitness has been a problem at the season since Pay arrived but it doesn't look like anything has changed unfortunately.

Different doesn’t have to mean wrong. Hopefully our program pre- season that’s in place now has us chewing the bit round 1.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Different doesn’t have to mean wrong. Hopefully are program pre- season that’s in place now has us chewing the bit round 1.
Of course it is just a concern as our last two pre-seasons have involved long distance running and we haven't been fit for the start of the season. The Storm have always hit the ground running in Round 1 so they are getting it right.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Of course it is just a concern as our last two pre-seasons have involved long distance running and we haven't been fit for the start of the season. The Storm have always hit the ground running in Round 1 so they are getting it right.
Bellamy also organised closed trials while we had fuck all trials and had shitty modified intra club games against kids lol. I'll have a breakdown if we start the season in the same shape as the last two.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bellamy also organised closed trials while we had fuck all trials and had shitty modified intra club games against kids lol. I'll have a breakdown if we start the season in the same shape as the last two.
Pretty sure we only had 1 trial in 2019, right?
At least we've got 2 locked in for 2020 - Sharks and Raiders at the back end of February.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you also notice he said what impressed him when they played the Bulldogs was how fit they were?

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see what your saying but he also said how fit the squad was and how impressed with their fitness he was when they played Melb last year...
First thing I noticed, but its hard to go past the look of all those players with hands on hips early in the season

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's all meh to me. All coaches are different. I don't think fitness was our problem last year

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
And fuck auto correct. It kept changing coaches to coached, why would I want to say " all coached are different". Stupid phone. There, I feel better now.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of the best coaches go to different codes, even different countries to learn great training methods and use them to their benefit.

I really hope we're genuinely fit and able to compete with the best teams come round 1. I'm over seeing these videos and people saying players are the fittest they've ever looked only to be disappointed in round 1 when we have hands on hips and are bunched up 20 minutes into a game.

Anyway, all the best to the boys for the pre-season and welcome to Stimson.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Exactly!!

That’s why every team gets the jump on us and it takes until end of season and we get on par then start winning

His dislike for trials is fkd up too

Do what you always do get what you always got